PDA

View Full Version : Pfaff Creative 4.0 -- used price?

kaydee
March 13th, 2015, 11:34 PM
I'm interested in your opinions about the Pfaff Creative 4.0 Sewing & Embroidery Machine.

If you have/had it, do/did you like it? Why or why not?

Is a price of $1,800 for a used machine a good price?

Swedish leo
March 14th, 2015, 07:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmxU4px9Ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhkzqZHC7qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XRCghCq_wI

Here are some good video on the machines. Hope this helps some.

mary3100
March 14th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Since the machines cost about 9 thousand new, I guess 1,800 is a good price!

shawnan
March 14th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I don't want to seem contrary Mary, but that particular model was never in that price range. If I remember correctly it was in the $3500-4000 range. Is this price from a dealer? How old of a machine? How many hours on the machine? How much warranty left? Any extras with the machine such as extra hoops etc.?

I liked mine a lot, but sometimes a dealer makes you an offer that you just can't refuse, so I traded up. Any designs I had would transfer and also any feet I had purchased would fit on the new machine.

Nancy

kaydee
March 14th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Nancy, I think you are correct about the new price range. She says she has $4,500 invested, so I think she's bought accessories that she is including in that price. I'm not sure that essentially "half off the new listed price" is a good deal, that's why I thought I'd ask.

Also, as with pretty much everything in the world (it seems), I've read a lot of bad reviews online. However, I've learned that a lot of the negative reviews of things can be written off as user error. I was just wondering what kind of experience forum users have had.

kaydee
March 14th, 2015, 12:30 PM
So more info . . . It's four years old, and "hardly used", "only use a few hours" and that's why they are selling it.

songbird857
March 14th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Seems like it might be a good deal... does she have the service record?
I don't have a pfaff, but I bought my Viking Topaz used (bout the same original price point) for $1800. It came with Embroidery 5D, which made it a killer deal. The seller had the original receipt and the service receipt, so I knew it was taken care of.

Claire Hallman
March 14th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Buying from an individual will not get you any warranty but that is not horrible. A Phaff dealer should do any repairs you might need but it will be at a cost rather than under a warranty.
I have bought many used machines and been very happy with them all. If the price suits you then go for it. If you would prefer to pay less, give her an offer and be sure the extras you need are included.

Cat n bull
March 14th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I have this machine and I LOVE it so much, when I wanted a 2nd machine to use while it was embroidering, I bought it's replacement the Creative Performance.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this machine! I now also have the TOL Sensation Pro, and I still can not sell my Creative 4.

And no this is not the TOL 9K price range model. Ask her how many hours it has, "low" means different things to different people.

I have had mine for 4.5 years, it has over 200 hours and I have never had a single problem with it. EVER. Flawless performance, on all kinds of fabrics from silk chiffon to very heavy upholstery vinyl. I used it mostly to make dance costumes and prom dresses, it is very versatile and you don't have to mess with tension. It embroiders beautifully! It does not have a lot of on-board editing, but I never edit on my machines anyways, I use my computer for that.

Definitely test it first. As with all things computerized, before you buy used make sure it's all working!

I think $1800 is a good price IF that includes the embroidery unit and all the hoops.