PDA

View Full Version : my good luck

Doloris
March 13th, 2015, 08:28 PM
yesterday I was making some pouches and using my serger to do the inside seams so they would be finished. As I was sewing along my serger broke a thread. I fiddled with getting it rethreaded for about 15 minutes and then when I checked it it locked up. when it was all over I was holding the finger in my hand. The part that attaches it to the machine had broken off.
I finished up the pouches with my other serger, yes I have 2, and then started looking into a part or what to do. I got this serger from Craigs List for $30 or $40. Found the part and it is about $35. Now what to do. Looked up new ones and could just buy another , but $200.
Since I already have a serger, couldn't justify spending for another. Couldn't find any reasonably priced used ones on Craig's List.
Thought about another group I belong to called freecycle. Went there and posted a want ad for a 3/4 thread working serger. Didn't think I would get a response, but didn't hurt to post.
Woke up to an e-mail from someone who had one I could have. Called her, went and got it, and this is what I got.

it is an older model, but it works fine.
I just like to have 2 sergers, one loaded with white thread, and one with black. I am back in business again. :)

Kgrammiecaz
March 13th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Wow. Some great karma going on. Enjoy!

Midge
March 13th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Wow you lucked out! That's terrific.

stationarymom
March 14th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Wow you can't ask for more than that,great deal.

Iris Girl
March 14th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Looks like you got an aewesome deal. Someone was looking out for you.

rebeccas-sewing
March 14th, 2015, 05:29 AM
Now that is an awesome find! How generous to be willing to just give away her serger. You're a lucky sewer for sure!

Bubby
March 14th, 2015, 06:37 AM
That's a wonderful deal! You can't beat free!!!

songbird857
March 14th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Nice find Dolores!

RockinLou
March 14th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Score!! Horray!!