PDA

View Full Version : Going public for the world to see!

BillNye
March 11th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Hey!! After a lot of great feedback and building with you guys for the past month or so, we're ready to let some more people on the site, we're gonna tell our newsletter and fb groups and such, so I thought I'd section off this area as a place we can discuss and highlight and suggest and so on.

One feature that I'm releasing tomorrow is stickers. You can give a sticker with a comment to a quilt, you get one sticker a day, it reloads at midnight, thought it'd be something fun to play with. tell me what you think, should be live soon!

K. McEuen
March 11th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Ha! You changed my forum without telling me! ;)

Good luck with your launch.

BillNye
March 11th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Things get crazy in here :)

LRM
March 11th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Exciting times! Stickers sound like fun. Can't wait to try them.

Bubby
March 11th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Okay, I'm game. Let her roll!

YellowCockatiel
March 11th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Sounds interesting.

BobW
March 11th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Will there be someone to supervise me? I don't want to create a sticky situation. Bernice is still in Iowa at a retreat.

ilive2craft2
March 11th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Stickers sound like fun! I really like the profile changes, so that our full name and email address is not displayed.

Thanks for all you have done with QuiltsbyMe! It is going to be a great resource when looking for the next project to do or to see how others have done different patterns.

tamsterg7
March 11th, 2015, 10:30 PM
I already love the new site - can't wait for it to go live and everyone can play!

quiltsRfun
March 11th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Ha! You changed my forum without telling me! ;)

Good luck with your launch.
It's one of those "subject to change without notice" things. :)

songbird857
March 11th, 2015, 11:07 PM
I love stickers :)

FabStripper
March 11th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Stickers that renew sounds like fun.

Pandabear
March 11th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Can I have a Scooby Doo sticker? Or a Minion sticker?

Because in my head I'm still 5.

stationarymom
March 12th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Bob we'll have to make sure Sandy has been warned.we don't want any sticky situations around here.

Live to Quilt
March 12th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Have you changed how to add photos yet? Or you need to publish How to use the Form for Dummies!! (Like me) lol

Jean Anne

auntiemern
March 12th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Woo hoo...I finally managed to upload something....bring on the world...we are ready for it. :)

rebeccas-sewing
March 12th, 2015, 05:25 AM
I'll be very curious to see how this sticker idea works. You all seem to be familiar with it. Also, is there going to be a place that we click on that takes us directly to the "Quilts by Me" gallery? Also, what does Al mean when he says "let some more people on the site?" What site is he talking about? I feel like I missed something or the lingo just isn't clicking with me.

Juliet Taylor
March 12th, 2015, 07:22 AM
OMG it's true now my real name is not shown, but my "alias" (aka Juliet) is! I love you guys! Thank thanks thanks!!!!

I have a question: can I upload quilted things (like for example zipper pouches made following Jenny's tutorials) or it it only for classic quilts (as I imagine) because I see that table runners and wall hangings are allowed, so... just curious!

Shirley
March 12th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Can't wait to try them. Sounds like fun. I love stickers.

RiverMomm
March 12th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Love the changes! Especially the name change. :) Thanks!

But . . .

Is it just me? My computer is not doing well, so it very well might be just me. Anyway, when I go to QuiltsByMe, the images are sort of a tad fuzzy. The images on my Kindle seem a bit better but my Kindle Fire is smaller than my monitor. The images in the forum and forum albums seem to be much clearer.

And when I upload something, it crops it so I don't see the entire quilt. Am I somehow auto-cropping?

klgls
March 12th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Love the changes! Especially the name change. :) Thanks!

But . . .

Is it just me? My computer is not doing well, so it very well might be just me. Anyway, when I go to QuiltsByMe, the images are sort of a tad fuzzy. The images on my Kindle seem a bit better but my Kindle Fire is smaller than my monitor. The images in the forum and forum albums seem to be much clearer.

And when I upload something, it crops it so I don't see the entire quilt. Am I somehow auto-cropping?

I'm having the same issues - photos are fuzzy.

Granny Fran
March 12th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Maybe a dumb question, but what are stickers???

GrammaBabs
March 12th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Just call me "clueless",,,, LOL
That's why I'm getting more done... don't o FB,or any of that stuff... left in the dust to "quilt"....:))

Leah53
March 12th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Babs, we should start a club for clueless people, you can be president, we could ponder the mystery of the sticker and take field trips to fabric stores.

I guess the sticker is to give it to, what you think is, the best post of the day or something like that.

toggpine
March 12th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Some of my photos ARE fuzzy that I posted. So it may not be your computer after all, just the quality of the photo or photographer.

BillNye
March 12th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Can I have a Scooby Doo sticker? Or a Minion sticker?

Because in my head I'm still 5.

haha, when would you give a scooby sticker? what would you say with it?

Sharyn J
March 12th, 2015, 04:50 PM
I'm joining the "clueless" club. Stickers? I've seen the Minions; GD made me watch the movie with them. (she's almost 20!) Made me crazy! She laughed. I'm still confused!

Leah53
March 12th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I finally found the gallery y'all were talking about on my own but hanks everyone for helping to enlightening us clueless people, just to clarify, I'm being facetious.

Lindagie
March 12th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I am one of the clueless as well. By the time I figure it all out, things will change again.

bscuzz
March 12th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I'll just 'watch and wait' - but I do hope that nobody "GETS STUCK UP"!!!

gale_w
March 13th, 2015, 01:06 AM
For any that are confused, I think it's the "quilts by me" link at the top of this page.

snippet
March 13th, 2015, 03:47 AM

I have that problem too. It zooms in and doesn't include the entire photo I downloaded. I don't like it! :icon_angry: I tried changing the photo size, but that didn't help.

rebeccas-sewing
March 13th, 2015, 05:24 AM
Thanks, Gale! I was looking around for the link and didn't see it until you pointed it out.

cathym
March 13th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Will you put the stickers in the groups, too? I requested a "like" button for both the comments and the pics in the group section, but didn't see a reply in either the "tell Missouri star" or the "Finishing group" thread. Nice work going on there.

scooter15650
March 13th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Add me to the clueless list for sure. I have enough trouble as it is.

LRM
March 14th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I'm wondering why we enter fabric lines and tutorials if we can't see these details on a project. It would be helpful to see the information we enter on projects as we look at other projects.
Thanks ever so much for another way to see quilts.

lourixe
March 15th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I'm wondering why we enter fabric lines and tutorials if we can't see these details on a project. It would be helpful to see the information we enter on projects as we look at other projects.
Thanks ever so much for another way to see quilts.

I can see this details in the project I posted as a test. You need to scroll down and it shows this:

I think if you cannot see these details in most projects it is because people didn't upload the data properly, selecting the options as they display. Most people write them down as a text included with the pic's description.

snippet
March 15th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I'd like the ability to see all projects done with a specific pattern/tutorial.

For example, I would like to search for all Falling Charms projects.

Mpyles
March 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
My biggest suggestion, and I don't know if anyone else has suggested this...would to be to put the picture loading page first and the info second. If you are using a ipad...like me...I have to go in look at my pictures then back out and load comments then go on and re look at my pictures. Just a flow issue for me.

ediane
May 23rd, 2015, 09:25 AM
I am not really sure what Stickers are. Can someone explain that.

bec
May 24th, 2015, 12:18 AM
I have that problem too. It zooms in and doesn't include the entire photo I downloaded. I don't like it! :icon_angry: I tried changing the photo size, but that didn't help.

Same here. I haven't figured out how to get the whole photo to show.

bec
May 24th, 2015, 12:21 AM
I can't find where I can give someone a sticker. Can anyone tell me where I need to look? Thanks.

bajasadie
July 12th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Him the stickers sound interesting! I don't know that I'm familiar with stickers but am wlling to try. Change always adds new direction- I'll follow along. Please post instructions! Thx.