PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything for men to do in Hamilton?

verenaerin
March 10th, 2015, 10:54 PM
I am considering a trip to Hamilton with my husband. Is there any selling points I can give to my husband? Any thing for the husbands to do?

K. McEuen
March 10th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Um, they have easy chairs in the stores. Actually if he plays golf they have set up a really good deal for a round of golf and cart, it was $20.00, which is super cheap. There is a small micro-brewery/pub type place where he could hang out, order a burger from J's and watch some TV. I'm not sure what the hours are for that place, it wasn't open all the time last time I was there.

buckeyequilter
March 10th, 2015, 10:57 PM
If I ever get there my hubby is going to have enough to do....just following me around carrying stuff.

I hope you get to go and have a wonderful time.

YellowCockatiel
March 10th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to leave the husband home.

Simply Quilting
March 11th, 2015, 12:32 AM
My husband enjoys going to the antique store and some of the other shops in town. He also enjoyed the JCPenney store (solids) because they have items from JCPenneys from years ago including a catalog. He enjoys looking at the original parts that they were able to keep of the buildings. While at the main store, he will sit in the waiting area and read. Also might grab something to eat from Poppy's or J's (they have great shakes). One of these days we are hoping to make it to the museum.

kensington
March 11th, 2015, 12:43 AM
JC Penny's child hood home is there and free to tour in the middle of town. It used to be outside of town but they moved it.

The want to have a quilting museum, but it's only and idea at this time. Jenny told me that herself. One day...

My husband is a "visitor"... so he just stands around chatting it up with anyone he meets. LOL