PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on how to make this?

Hulamoon
March 10th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Sorry it's not quiling, but I thought you might have some clever ideas.

Shopping Cart Hammock | Binxy Baby (http://binxybaby.com/products/shopping-cart-hammock)

meliswan
March 10th, 2015, 09:27 PM
That is really neat. I would make a trip to The hardware store and look around. Maybe get some pvc pipe and cut it in half length wise to hook on basket, but how to attach to sling hmmm. I'll keep thinking on it... My have to get my DH involved in this

sewelegant
March 10th, 2015, 09:50 PM
That's a great idea. May have to involve DH too. I'm sure we all can figure it out!

Hulamoon
March 10th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Thanks girls! I can see people asking where she got it already!

Sandy Navas
March 10th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Like the PVC pipe idea - but I really think Bungee Cords would work - make it easier to fold and store when not in use.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
March 10th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Lorie, I always worry a little about making something for a baby. Safety is an issue, and I worry about exact construction & strength of stitching etc. If it were me, I wouldn't improvise. Like those baby slings -- many of them are fabulous, but there was one brand that was a suffocation hazard & had to be withdrawn. Or dropside cribs. We all had them, but now they don't make them any more.

Me? Worry wart? Nah ....

YellowCockatiel
March 10th, 2015, 11:04 PM
OK - just a few weeks ago, Aldi's grocery store was selling a fold up type of bag that you could stretch from side to side of the shopping cart to load your groceries. It looks just like this little hammock but deeper for your groceries. I'll try to find a picture.

YellowCockatiel
March 10th, 2015, 11:11 PM
This is not Aldi's bag, but just a picture I found on the net. Maybe you could use the hardware and add your own soft material for the hammock.

Kgrammiecaz
March 10th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Found this that Crafty Gemini made. Could use this as the hammock portion.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QP7wLxsHnUg