PDA

View Full Version : The Big Stupid!

TocanTango
March 10th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I recently did a cowgirl quilt with red bandana fabric , red plaid, and a cream with red flowers on it..

Stupid me got in such a hurry to cut it out, I forgot to wash the fabric before I cut it out. When I was finished with the quilt, I washed it and wouldn't you know it, the red faded on the cream color and now is a soft pink tint........

WHAT DO I DO? I did dry it already.... Is there anything I can do to reverse the fading on the cream? or get it out of the cream?

Thanks
Ginny - The stupid one!

sidesaddles
March 10th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Oh My Heart goes out to you. I don't have an answer for you. Just empathy. I guess red and pink go together like valentines.

DramaMama
March 10th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I think someone recently posted that this happened to them, too. They used that "color catcher" product on the market (not sure of the name because I have not yet used it and don't recall the post) -- and the color came out even after the quilt had been dried.

Best wishes.

cyndiofthevortex
March 10th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I hope you can fix it!

LoriA
March 10th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Maybe the color catcher is a Shout color catcher --- find in laundry detergent section and they look like a dryer sheet but you put them in the washing machine.

bubba
March 10th, 2015, 06:03 PM
There is something quilt shops sell. You mix it up in the bathtub and soak your quilt in it, I think overnight. A gal in a class had this happen to her and she was able to reverse it.

Hulamoon
March 10th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Red and pink works for me!

pcbatiks
March 10th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I would try a hand full of Color Catchers. Check out this earlier post about fabric bleeding.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/how-tos-tutorials/17756-never-under-estimate-power-color-catcher-sheets.html