PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU EVER START A POST, THEN 'POOF, IT'S GONE'?

bscuzz
March 10th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I just discovered - when you start a post . . . and if you're like me, you get sidetracked or want to refer back for some tidbit of info . . . and you leave the post . . . then when you go back, IT'S GONE! That long post explaining some 'vital' info . . . 'poof' it's gone!

Well, I just discovered as you type a post there's a periodic msg saying "auto saved" (duh . . for a smart gra'ma like me, should have figured this out long ago) - so, after the 'poof, it's gone, there's a msg saying "Restore Auto Saved Content" 'n when you click on it, your 'long post' is restored!!!

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking "how dumb am I" - most likely you all have known this all along! So, instead of abandoning this post in hopes no one knows I'm such a slow learner, I've decided to JUST BE ME in case there's someone else who is a slow learner too!!!!

Granny Fran
March 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Well, duh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the post. I've seen the auto save pop up, but had no idea how to retrieve it...I just gave up and chalked it up to...OH Well.

GuitarGramma
March 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Like you, I've come to love that "Auto Restore" feature. It's a goodie, for sure.

pcbatiks
March 10th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Auto Restore........saves a lot of wear & tear on our brains! I was very happy to find that feature! :D

MayinJerset
March 10th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Hey "B" that's good to know because I often have my posts disappear. Guess we do learn something new everyday and for once it was something helpful. Thanks

Vonnie
March 10th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Another duh here. I did not know that either! Thanks for posting this info.

Hulamoon
March 10th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I love learning new stuff. Thanks!

Bjvarizona
March 11th, 2015, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the info!

Bjvarizona
March 11th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Ok, help me! How did you get your "B" on your signature to be so big and bold. I can get mine entered but now I see its small and I can't figure out how to edit it??

rebeccas-sewing
March 11th, 2015, 04:58 AM
I find it's better to post the message even if you're not finished. I think there's about a 30 minute window before you can no longer edit.

Bubby
March 11th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Live and learn, right? It Restore click is wonderful.

Iris Girl
March 11th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks for sharing always good to learn a new trick...now if I can just remember next time my post goes *poof*

Sonic
March 11th, 2015, 09:17 AM
I did not know about the auto restore here, but have learned from other forums that love to eat long technical post (with no restore feature) that using word then the copy/paste feature are both my friends. :)

bscuzz
March 11th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Ok, help me! How did you get your "B" on your signature to be so big and bold. I can get mine entered but now I see its small and I can't figure out how to edit it??

Bev, when you're writing a post, up along the top 'task bar' (or whatever it's called) where you see "Font" . . . next to it is "Size" which will give you options to make bigger or smaller. Also, what's neat is . . . to the right of that is "A" . . . if you click on that, you can choose color!! Neat-o, huh?

bscuzz
March 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
I did not know about the auto restore here, but have learned from other forums that love to eat long technical post (with no restore feature) that using word then the copy/paste feature are both my friends. :)

You got it, Sonic - that's what I had been doing (and still do on FB), even though it's cumbersome. I'd put it in 'Pages' on my Mac - but then I'd forget that I only put it in there and didn't copy it over to the Forum!?!? Age and short attention span, I guess?!?! Just was delighted to find "Restore".