PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling and browsing difficulty

happygram
March 8th, 2015, 09:27 PM
This afternoon I spent so much time looking through the jellyrolls trying to find a perfect one for a gift I'm planning. Since I'm not too sure of the look I wanted, I tried to see all of the jelly rolls MSQC sold. As we know, there are a lot of them!

Each time I stopped to see a roll that looked interesting caused me to have to go back to the very first one in the 709 choices of jellyrolls. It was so frustrating to be at, say, #560 in the list, look at it, put it on my wish list or cart, and then begin with #1 again in order to see the rest of the choices.

I don't mean to complain, but is there anything that could make browsing a list a little easier?

Thanks so much.

Carlie Wolf
March 8th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure why this was happening to you today. When I go through all those fabrics or precuts and click on one I'm interested in seeing, after I'm done looking at it I hit the back button. It takes me back to the last page I looked at and IT scrolls down on it's own to where I was before I clicked on the item.

katier825
March 8th, 2015, 09:58 PM
When there is one I want to get a better look at, I like to right click on it and open it in a new tab. Then when I go back to the original tab, it's where i left off.

happygram
March 8th, 2015, 11:44 PM
I forgot to mention that I have a Mac. Maybe some of the functions aren't the same. I've tried the back arrow button, and it just takes me back to the beginning. I've also tried to open in a new tab, and a little picture of the fabric shows up, and then when it's clicked off, I'm back to the beginning.

I feel really stupid and would love to learn how to get this all to work. Thanks for any help.

Genny
March 8th, 2015, 11:49 PM
I forgot to mention that I have a Mac. Maybe some of the functions aren't the same. I've tried the back arrow button, and it just takes me back to the beginning. I've also tried to open in a new tab, and a little picture of the fabric shows up, and then when it's clicked off, I'm back to the beginning.

I feel really stupid and would love to learn how to get this all to work. Thanks for any help.

This happens to me too and I have a Gateway Computer and an Ipad2.....happens on both of them...I've given up looking thru the fabrics.

Carlie Wolf
March 8th, 2015, 11:49 PM
happygram that really is a real bummer :icon_shake: I'd hate that. How about trying to do a quick bookmark before you leave the page and then when you're finished click on your bookmark. I know that's annoying too because you'll probably have to delete all those bookmarks when you're done but maybe it's better than having to repeat page after page after page to get back to where you were?

Deegles
March 9th, 2015, 12:20 AM
This afternoon I spent so much time looking through the jellyrolls trying to find a perfect one for a gift I'm planning. Since I'm not too sure of the look I wanted, I tried to see all of the jelly rolls MSQC sold. As we know, there are a lot of them!

Each time I stopped to see a roll that looked interesting caused me to have to go back to the very first one in the 709 choices of jellyrolls. It was so frustrating to be at, say, #560 in the list, look at it, put it on my wish list or cart, and then begin with #1 again in order to see the rest of the choices.

I don't mean to complain, but is there anything that could make browsing a list a little easier?

Thanks so much.

If you right click on the link for the jelly roll and use the option to open in a new tab you will not loose your spot for browsing. I hope this will help you out next time.

happygram
March 9th, 2015, 11:38 AM
So...
I tried to open the selection in a new tab--didn't work.
When I opened it in a new window, it did!
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I'd never have thought of it myself.

GrammaBabs
March 10th, 2015, 10:00 AM
what about putting ones you like in your shopping cart...then go back and remove them... I've done this on other sites... mostly because I'm not all that "savy" with functions...LOL

Claudia0712
April 7th, 2015, 11:30 AM
This frustrates me endlessly too. I'm used to a site returning to where I was. Back button does not work for me. Putting them into my cart didn't work either. Why can't it just be fixed instead of having to gerry-rig around it? They have so many beautiful fabrics, I want to look at them all. Is there a wish-list category? That would allow us to compare fabrics. Thanks.

DramaMama
April 20th, 2015, 05:53 AM

Apple user here, too. You are NOT stupid! The entire world has just not advanced to the level of Apple yet!

:icon_bump: