PDA

View Full Version : ugggghhhh!!!

bubba
March 8th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Here it is 0504, which means it is really 0404 in my body, and I have been up for thirty minutes hacking and trying to catch my breath, which means MM has been up because who can sleep thru that??? Now I will try to sleep sitting up on the recliner and see if that helps, because clearly, I can't sleep in the bed!

Sylvia H
March 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I'm tip toeing around the forum so I don't wake up Pat.

shermur
March 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Since I took a 5 hour nap yesterday afternoon....I've been pulling an all nighter. Been working on this....

Bubby
March 8th, 2015, 09:37 AM
That's gorgeous, Sherri!

MayinJerset
March 8th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Nice colors and design Sherri, would love to see the top when you finish it.

Sonic
March 8th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Oh Pat, I can totally sympathize.
I'm just now coming out of the creeping cruddy nasty bronchitis cough after being down for 10 days (plus the flu) and just saying more that 2 sentences throws me into a coughing fit, still, and my voice is barely more than a whisper.
I spent quite a few nights awake and hacking up a lung....waking everyone up in the house.

{{{ Huggers }}}

Monique
March 8th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Feel better soon Pat. Sherri, you busy little beaver!!

Granny Fran
March 8th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Sherri, you have more zip than I. Love to see finished project.

Sonic, glad you are on the mend.

Pat, try some tea with honey and lemon and if that doesn't work, add some whiskey. Good ole hot toddy helps.

Midge
March 8th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Get well soon, Pat and Sonic. Hate it when a virus hangs on like that and I know that out of breath feeling. Sherri, you are going to suffer for getting your sleep all messed up, but at least you have pretty patchwork to show for it!

CarolynK
March 8th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Hope you feel better very soon, Pat and Sonic. I so far have not been sick this winter and not sure how I've managed to dodge that bullet since so much has been going around here and I deal with the public every day but I'll take it.

Sherri, that's really pretty.

bscuzz
March 8th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Shhhhh, Pat's sleeping in the recliner!!

Sure wish I had some 'white lightnin' to substitute in Granny Fran's potion to send to Pat and Sonic - that'd cure 'em or kill 'em!! Feel better, ladies!

shermur
March 8th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone, but if you want to see a finished version of what I am working on? Look in Eriepatch's photos! She gave me the inspiration! Her version is very pretty!!!!!

donella
March 8th, 2015, 12:42 PM
How are you liking Arkansas Sherri?

Carrie J
March 8th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Pat, get some rest, be it recliner or just being duct taped into a corner!!!! Feel better soon!!! This stuff is nasty business, Hugs!

shermur
March 8th, 2015, 01:01 PM
How are you liking Arkansas Sherri?

Donella....I like it better than Kansas City Metro area; Arkansas is very beautiful. I like the slower pace, but the diversity is lacking. I am still looking for a full time job. I have been working as a temp for a manufactoring company since November. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that I am earning some kind of income, but it is not near what I was making up north. And another draw back? The BBQ is better in Kansas City than here in Fort Smith....I guess, I need to keep looking for a good BBQ restaurant!

songbird857
March 8th, 2015, 04:10 PM
awwww... bubba :( feel better soon.

bubba
March 8th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I stayed in the recliner for about an hour, still coughing, before going back to bed....it's okay, MM was on the couch! Dozed on and off till just a bit ago and now I'm wondering if I need to go to urgent care or take a nap.

alliek
March 8th, 2015, 04:24 PM
That Hot Toddy is a great idea! Taken with two tylenol (I know, I know you are not supposed to use alcohol and meds) it will sweat the bad stuff right out of you. Years back we lived on Long Island (before the Island was so inhabited in Suffolk county) and we all had the flu. Mom showed up with her lemons, tea, and whiskey.The adults got the toddy's and it helped.

bubba
March 8th, 2015, 05:20 PM
So here I am in the recliner with a big fat comforter and Yoda, MM running around in Tshirt and shorts and he has the back door WIDE open.....oh, did I mention the furnace is running??????????????

Doloris
March 8th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Pat, try getting some Mucinex cough syrup with expectorant. The mucinex products were recommended to me by my Dr.

bubba
March 8th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Been taking it two days now....

Doloris
March 8th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Sounds like urgent care might be next so you can get something stronger and get some decent sleep.

Simply Quilting
March 8th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Pat, I hope that you can get some good rest and feel better soon.