PDA

View Full Version : Update on Emily

janluna
September 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone, Emily's blood work came back lower again across the board. ANC level dropped as well. They are scheduling a Bone Marrow Biopsy in October. Looks like we are getting into the "last ditch effort stage". My heart just went from my throat to my feet. Hugs, Jan
<\\\\\X <\\\\\X <\\\\\X

KiltedQuilter
September 16th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hugs back!
x

sally
September 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Oh Sweetie, My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers are coming your way! Hang in there!
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun.
And find your shoulder to light on.
To bring you health, happiness and best wishes.
Today, tomorrow and beyond.

Hugs SHauna

NM Lady
September 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Praying for you and your family......May the Lord wrap his arms around you and Emily.

HandsOffItsMine
September 16th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Dearest Jan,

Wish I could hug you while I type this message to you. Prayers for Emily, you and the family. Hang in there, have a good cry (I do mine in the shower), make a cup a tea and take a break.

I'll check back on you later.

Love ya, Ruby

EsGrandma
September 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Prayers going out to you and your precious family - I am so sorry. Linda

Sandy Navas
September 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Lord, you love this child as You love all children,
Bring healing to Emily, who is not well.
Stay by her side and comfort her through this trying time.
Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence
Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also.
Thank You for hearing our prayer!

sewmuchjan
September 16th, 2011, 04:28 PM
O Merciful God, giver of life and health; Bless, we pray thee, thy servant's Jan and Em and Family, and those who administer to them of thy healing gifts; that they may be restored to health of body and of mind; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

janluna
September 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Thank you for the prayers. I don't know what happened to me. I've been strong for the kids sakes but this time my heart went to my throat and then to my feet. It just rattled me. This is the beginning of our last ditch effort they keep telling us will happen if she has to have a bone marrow transplant. Are they just preparing us for the end or could this be her last chance. I'm sorry I just lost it. I have to get over this so I can be strong for the kids. Thank you for the prayers. Thank you Sandy and Jan. I will get it back together. I will. Love you all. I'm going to go and pray. I'll be back later. I love you guys. Shauna thank you. Jan

sewmuchjan
September 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I am right there with you my dear friend;

Almighty God who hast given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplications unto thee; and dost promise that when two or three are gathered together in thy Name thou wilt grant their requests; Fulfil now, O Lord, the desires and petitions of thy servants, as may be most expedient for them; granting us in this world knowledge of thy truth, and in the world to come life everlasting. Amen

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holly Ghost, be with us all evermore. Amen

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be always acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19 v14

quiltingtrish
September 16th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Oh Jan - I have you and Emily in my prayers. No wonder your heart hit your feet.
Wish I could HUG on you. ((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs,

Monique
September 16th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Jan, prayers are going out to you and your family during this trying time. Sometimes it is good to just unburden yourself and it looks like we all have pretty big shoulders for you. So I offer my shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. And remember you also have to look out for JAN!!

Great big hugs to you,

Bubby
September 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Jan, I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I know how helpless we can feel as a grandparent and parent. Remember that when we are weak He is strong. I pray the Lord will bless you and you family with peace, strength and renewed faith.

Bless you, Jan, and my prayers are with you....HUGS, Barb

quilter.martha
September 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Jan, what better place to "lose it" than here. Go ahead and get it all out of your system so you can then be strong for your family. We here are holding you and yours, and especially Em, in our prayers. God is with you all and will never ever forsake you, even at your darkest moment.

Please keep us informed. We all love you.

meemeecyn
September 17th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Jan...your reaction to that devastating news is totally understood! You love Em beyond anything imaginable and when she hurts you hurt. Just like our kids. Know that you have friends here that will listen anytime. It is ok to 'take care of yourself', too. By not holding on to the pain and frustration is one way of taking care of yourself. Hugs, prayers and love are sent your way.
Cynthia

a1angiem
September 17th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Jan...I'm so sorry that you are having such a sad time at the moment. Since I am new here I do not know the details of what's going on but it is obviously serious and my heart is aching for you. I have the same sentiments as all the other posts on this thread. Hugs and support from here too.

stitching woman
September 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Jan the arms of the Lord are around you and your family. I a long with all your other friends here will be keeping your family in my prayers, I hope you feel the love coming your way.

Bernice

Shannon
September 17th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Oh Jan I'm so sorry that that news is not more positive for Emily. Having just gone through this with my husband, I know how hard it is to not be able to do anything but just stand back and watch and pray. As devistating as it was to go face this with my husband, I can't imagine the pain of watching a child have to fight such a disease.

I think all you can do now is use your time to make Emily feel as safe and comfortable as possible and try to get some rest yourself. Trust me, I know that you may think you are super woman and can handle all this and 'rest later'. Yeah, not so much.. sooner or later it catchs up with you!

Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Shannon

Alana
September 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Lord, you love this child as You love all children,
Bring healing to Emily, who is not well.
Stay by her side and comfort her through this trying time.
Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence
Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also.
Thank You for hearing our prayer!

Amen.....We are all here for you Jan.....

bec
September 17th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Jan, I am so sorry to hear this. Emily will be in my prayers, as well as her family. Don't forget that we are all here for you if you need us. Hang in there.

MaryB
September 17th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Jan, have only just caught up on your post about Emily and am sending thoughts and prayers to you all at this very anxious time.
Hugs

janluna
September 18th, 2011, 03:12 AM
This site has blessed me with such love and I so appreciate it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul. Thank you for the prayers and the love you are sending our way. We can and do feel it. I am calmer today and got my wits back, and my head back on my shoulders. Emily has such faith in the Lord, and I am ashamed of myself for losing mine yesterday, even for a minute. I have brushed it off and shined it back up and have put us all in His hands. It is all in His time, not mine. And no matter what happens Emily will always be His.
So, I have cried, prayed, and given myself to Him once again. I'm calmer now. I guess I just had to let go of all the fear, helplessness, and cowardliness, and get my head back to where it belongs with positive healing thought. God bless you all for everything. Thank you. With this much love and healing prayers going out to Emily, how can we lose this battle? We can't, plain and simple. We will fight for her with every fiber of our being. God willing, we will win this battle. I am going to ask the kids permission to post a picture of Emily, so that you can put a face with the name and really see who you are praying for. You are my family, God has blessed me with all of you. God bless Jenny and her family for making all of this love possible.
God bless all of you for being there to keep Emily surrounded in love and positive healing thoughts. And God bless you for keeping this crazy person sane, and on the right path. Well, I don't know about the sane part but He's not finished with me yet.
Today the 17th is our anniversary. Joe and I have been married for 46 years today. It was spent quietly but with Joy that can only come with all the love you have showered us with. Thank you. Hugs, Jan

MaryB
September 18th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Jan, I'm sitting here crying my eyes out. God surely has tucked you under his wing - such courage, such faith, such confidence He has blessed you with. Whatever the outcome, you will endure. Hugs and blessings.

janluna
September 18th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Thank you Mary. It's only because He is holding me up. And the people here, are holding me up with their prayers and healing thoughts. They are holding Emily up to our Father. And I am forever grateful to all of you. Please don't cry. Unless they are tears of joy for the love you all have shown us. Blessings on you Mary. Hugs, Jan L.

jingleme
September 18th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Jan, I just wanted to add more prayers & hugs. I feel it is important to thank you for the gift you have given us when you allowed us to share your heavy load. Because of your generosity in sharing Emily's struggles, you have made us all stronger, closer, & better than we were. I just keep thinking of the ripple effect.....you may never know how much of an impact you have had on us all.
And Sandy, prayers & hugs for you too. And for all of you....my new extended family.(((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))

Patrice
September 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM
You and Emily are in my prayers.."Jesus I Trust in You"