PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Idea

Loonwatcher
September 15th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Not really a tut, but here goes.

I read on another thread that there are many, many of us who will probably never make it into your shop and will always only know you via internet and phone. So......

How about a tut/video of a tour of the shop and studio!

Just an idea!

Beach Cottage Quilter
September 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Oh Yea, I second this idea!!! Pretty Please with a jelly roll on top! :D

Happy Quilting,
Paula

debinmalaga
September 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Nancy, Sewbee has a GREAT album of pictures of the shop from when she visited. I've looked at it more than once.

Loonwatcher
September 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks Deb. I'll check it out.

HandsOffItsMine
September 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I vote for a video tour. The Hawaiian gals would really like to see it. The concept of coordinated sets together and displays is a "Oh really Hun?" : )

Monique
September 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I vote for it too!! Would love to see the shop.

janluna
September 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Cool idea, but I'd still rather go there in person! Boo Hoo.

Loonwatcher
September 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Okay it's the Eastern Road Trip! Monique, head south from Quebec and pick me up in Vermont. You and I will head over to N.Y., get Jan; then south to Maryland and N.J. to pick up Deb and Paula. Together we'll all head out to whereever the heck Missouri is and get a look at that shop.

HandsOff...you'll just have to meet us there.

Who's in?

mrswindy4
September 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
HandsOff can fly into the St Louis airport and you gals can pick her up on the way through!!

Where there's a will...there's a way!!

I'm coming from the other direction, I could pick up Sandy, SuzyQue and Bubby on my way if'n you ladies dont mind if we all join you!!
Handoff could even fly into the Kansas City airport and I could pick her up and bring her along!

quiltingtrish
September 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
On the way south from Jans, pick me up too!
Hugs,

Txgrandma
September 15th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I'm so far south I'll just have to meet up with everyone at the shop. One day while on vacation I will get there, it's on my list. Just too bad it's not closer to where my friend lives, I might get there a little sooner.

HandsOffItsMine
September 16th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Gee, now that sounds like a fly/road trip! ; )

Telliott68
September 16th, 2011, 12:22 AM
MAry, since we are so close to one another, we should run off and leave all the animals, kids, grandkids, etc with the hubby's and just go :). Well, it sounded good anyway.

meemeecyn
September 16th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Martha and I will meet you in Vermont, Nancy and then all go together. The Mass. ladies could drive up here first. Hey, where there's a will, there's a way!!!!
Cynthia

SuzyQue
September 16th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Having been to the shop, I must say a video will not do it justice! You have to experience this one in person! Yes, Mary.....I want a ride! I will buy lunch!

Sandy Navas
September 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I'm so far south I'll just have to meet up with everyone at the shop. One day while on vacation I will get there, it's on my list. Just too bad it's not closer to where my friend lives, I might get there a little sooner.

But Mary, you have loads of friends in the area - close by, too!!!!

donnah818
September 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Would one of you make a quick stop in South Carolina and pick me up? I will pay for gas.

KerriS
September 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM
mmpff.. and who will come and get me?

So I'm voting for a video-tour too.. http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/schilder/135.gif (the sign says "I'm for it")

GrammaBabs
September 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
I'd love to visit visuallly as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_bigsmile:

Linda
September 24th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I live in NH and Hubby and I are starting to talk now about the possibility of a road trip to the shop next May or June!

MarianneK
September 24th, 2011, 08:29 AM
My daughter goes to Washington University in St. Louis so I almost made it in this past August. Unfortunately MSQC is about 4-5 hours west of St. Louis and after the long trip up from Florida I decided against it. Maybe in May before her graduation. I love the idea of the video though!

carolv
October 2nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
OK Texas and Arkansas people since I'm the farthest south I will pick up everyone between here and the shop. I'm so ready for a road trip. LOL

Sandy Navas
October 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
My daughter goes to Washington University in St. Louis so I almost made it in this past August. Unfortunately MSQC is about 4-5 hours west of St. Louis and after the long trip up from Florida I decided against it. Maybe in May before her graduation. I love the idea of the video though!

It isn't that far from St. Louis to get to Hamilton. I can drive from the west side of Missouri to St. Louis in 3 1/2 hours and Hamilton is an hour + away from me . . . nest time you are in St. Louis you have to make the trip!!

BellasQuilts
October 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Yes on the video!!!

blueberry
January 20th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I know this was a long time a go but now that I have spent my money in the said "Shop" I would love to see the inside of the shop and all the display shelves with every thing on and the lines of fabric , what about a live vidcam day on one of the quilt classes so we can pretend to be there as well , I would so love to see the whole inside of the shop , I would love to come to America but till I win Lotto !!!!!, but when I do win lotto I will be the little lady with the big big smile from ear to ear

Jean Sewing Machine
January 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Come on girls! Missouri is in the MIDDLE of the USA! I've been to the MSQC store, it is so cute. It is like walking into Candyland for sewists! Yum, yum. Lucky for me, it's right on the way from my house to my son's house in DesMoines, so I can stop by whenever I make that road trip!

MRoy
January 20th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Jean, you lucky gal! I'd love to visit the shop and I'd also love to travel to the other side of KY to Paducah for the Quilt Show. If any of you happen to pass through KY on the way to MSQC, pick me up on the side of the interstate. LOL!

debi weaver
January 20th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I live close enough to turn any day a treat! 30 minutes north of my house, and I arrive for the best times ever. It is the cutest shop, but the best items they carry are wonderful people offering to help you! Natalie, Jenny...and so on! Each of the family act like you're the most important person that entered their life that day! They take time to show new tricks at the famous cutting table, then skirt around the table, plop down before a machine, and zip...a seam is done, and trick proven! They are awesome!

rebeccas-sewing
January 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM
A u-tube video would be lots of fun!!! Let's hope they do it.

Polly Maree
January 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM
I know I will never get there so I would love to see a video of the shop! A vote form me!
Paula