PDA

View Full Version : Like mother-like daughter

asta
February 27th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Or as my dad used to say, "The don't fall far from the tree." Daughter just called, she was excited about the new tutorial. During our discussion she mentioned that Jenny needs to get her terminology straight. We both love Jenny and her talents but this one thing that is like fingernails on the chalkboard for her. Rows go across---columns go up and down. I found myself thinking this same thing while watching the tutorial this morning. We must both be old school math teachers.

Amy R
February 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Lol that's cute!!! I quietly correct my mistakes with columns and rows.

songbird857
February 27th, 2015, 01:55 PM
LOL.. my daughter and I saw a quote that we want to make into T-shirts - It says
"I am silently correcting your grammar."

sidesaddles
February 27th, 2015, 02:02 PM
UMM Eleanor Burns says this and so does Fons and Porter, and Miss Mary Fons and several other tutes

Midge
February 27th, 2015, 02:19 PM
UMM Eleanor Burns says this and so does Fons and Porter, and Miss Mary Fons and several other tutes

Not sure what you mean. I've heard Eleanor Burns use the word columns correctly. If several people are misusing words, does their number make them right?

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Hey, just think, you could be like my friend Dee - she carries a sharpie with her in her purse and will pull it out and make spelling corrections on signs in stores.

Wrenmuzz
February 27th, 2015, 02:42 PM
The thing that amuses me in the tutorials is the fact that we are told to use quarter inch seams, but cut fabrics into fourths!

Juliet Taylor
February 27th, 2015, 03:05 PM
LOL.. my daughter and I saw a quote that we want to make into T-shirts - It says
"I am silently correcting your grammar."

I do that every day at work. Italians don't know how to speak Italian. it's so sad