PDA

View Full Version : Is the dress blue and black OR white and gold???

songbird857
February 27th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Some of you may have seen this - my daughter showed it to me this morning. I first saw it as white and gold - when I scrolled down to the picture that is blue and black, then back up to the first pic - it was blue and black as well - WHAT?????? Now I can't see the image as white and gold anymore. The only thing is, my older daughter still sees it as white and gold, and my other daughter only saw the pic as blue and black - so weird! So amazing how the brain works!
Try it with more than one person looking at the picture at the same time - we were sitting here arguing over the color...
https://www.yahoo.com/health/is-this-dress-blue-and-black-or-white-and-gold-112194158507.html
Ok, now my daughter showed me the same pic on her phone - I saw it as blue and black - then she covered it so I could only see the top part, which then looked gold - then the whole thing looked white and gold....

Doloris
February 27th, 2015, 11:24 AM
all I see is blue and black in both of them

irishrn
February 27th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I only see white and gold! Since DH is totally color blind I didn't even ask him!!

Midge
February 27th, 2015, 11:31 AM
It's an optical illusion. The dress is blue and black. If you have Photoshop, open the picture in Photoshop and check out the RGB information.

WendyI
February 27th, 2015, 11:32 AM
ok..I've seen this and I'm really confused..it's clearly white and gold...isn't it?!

songbird857
February 27th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Wendy, the dress is actually blue and black. If you scroll down in the article, there are a few pics that are blue and black... after you look at that, you might see the original image as black/blue! It is an optical illusion, and I can actually switch back and forth now!!

Marebear
February 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I saw that this morning too. At first I saw gold and white, then after scrolling down it is black and blue, and now I can see both colors- really freaky!

WendyI
February 27th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I have NEVER been able to see things like that. Same as those weird posters that look all a jumble but when you stare at them long enough a picture supposedly emerges...NEVER happens for me.

songbird857
February 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I have NEVER been able to see things like that. Same as those weird posters that look all a jumble but when you stare at them long enough a picture supposedly emerges...NEVER happens for me.
You and me both. I have a lazy eye - when those posters were all the rage and in the mall - I thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn't see what they were supposed to be. Can't see 3D either. I used to think - 'what's the fuss about 3D??'

shirleyknot
February 27th, 2015, 12:18 PM
With the pic provided, I see blue and gold......

YellowCockatiel
February 27th, 2015, 12:42 PM
I only see blue and black.

Over40momma
February 27th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I see a darker shade of periwinkle blue with a black trim that has a slight golden lustre.

MRoy
February 27th, 2015, 02:05 PM
The first pic still looks white and dull gold to me. That must have been very bad lighting and/or a crappy camera to wash the colors out so much!

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Only blue and black here.

laura44
February 27th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I see blue/black on both, my husband 1st saw white/gold,
then saw black gold. Funny!!

Juliet Taylor
February 27th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I saw this on my fb updates this morning... this thing is viral :D
Btw I've always seen it only black and blue!

Hulamoon
February 27th, 2015, 03:10 PM
White and gold

rebeccas-sewing
February 27th, 2015, 03:40 PM
On my laptop it looks blue and sort of a brownish dark tan. I'm not seeing black at all.

Iris Girl
February 27th, 2015, 03:44 PM
I see it as blue and black

dwil23
February 27th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I could tell it was blue and black before reading the story. It is just a combination of very poor picture quality and bad lighting, and the colors are washed out. I had heard and read about the controversy over the color of a dress and was wondering what it was all about.

Now I know.

Deegles
February 27th, 2015, 06:43 PM
all I see is blue and black in both of them

hmm...me too. I don't get it. Perhaps I have a "special" computer.

ilive2craft2
February 27th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I see white and gold, dh saw the black and blue. I scrolled it last night and briefly saw the black and blue, then it immediately went back to white and gold. Weird stuff, huh?

gkturn
February 27th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I see blue (periwinkle) and a sorta greeny tan never see white or black. this is crazy,

Vonnie
February 27th, 2015, 08:42 PM
I looked several times at the big picture and the small ones and the big picture still looks white and gold to me.

No DH only sees blue and black. And he looked back and forth several times too.

We got a good laugh out of it.

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2015, 09:25 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/health/what-thedress-color-you-see-says-about-you-112243093272.html

stationarymom
February 28th, 2015, 04:06 AM
we had this argument last night in my house.My daughter insists the dress is blue and black,my son and I see the dress as white and gold.The designer of the dress said there isn't even a white and gold dress in the collection,but she may have one made now.