PDA

View Full Version : Ah Thursday you have arrived

Monique
February 26th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Good morning. Soooooo it is another bitter cold morning here. -30C brrrrrrr

Spring is coming I heard, but I think it is taking the slow boat from China.

I am on a liquid diet until tomorrow. Do you know how hard it is NOT to eat. Tummy is grumbling a little. Today I have to drink 4L (that is about 17 cups) of stuff and stay close to the porcelain throne. What a great day I have in store (sarcasm here). Yesterday I ended up going back to bed at about 9:30 or so and slept until noon. WHAT? I never do that.

I did work on the baby quilt that I need finished by Saturday. It is almost done.

So on that note, have a fabulous day friends. Safe travels for those going somewhere, stay warm for those in the cold.

Granny Judy
February 26th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Ah, poor Monique.. Alas, I know what your are going thru. At least we have the modern conveniences and don't have to visit the out house anymore ; ).

Checked in for the DD and bought it with more - never can have too much fabric, Right? M* has got to stop having such great fabric.. I never can resist their layer cakes. That's like 4 charm packs and 2 jelly rolls.??

Wash day for me and then I can get into the sewing room. I have a little project cut out for Gifting, and then I need to get the border put together for my Hunter Star quilt. Using left over fabric/ stash fabric in hopes I can get a quilt big enough for a twin size bed. This is a test quilt so I don't wanna go buy any more batting or fabric to finish it.

I can never figure out just how much fabric to get for a large quilt.. so I just start in the middle and work my way out. It's a learning curve but I do enjoy the process. After all this is my HOBBY.

With 3 inches of new snow on the ground, I'm staying inside and close to a heater. Ya all take care if you have to be out in the weather..

Amy R
February 26th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Oh Monique that doesn't sound fun at all!

Hubby's birthday dinner was amazing topped off with a dessert out of this world!! What a great night. He enjoyed being surprised with his little wall hanging.
Pic is the ginormous chocolate stampede dessert with soph and hubbs.

Weekend is just about here lots of sandwiching and thread shopping planned. I'm going to hand quilt most of the walking dead quilt and thanks to the awesome tutorial someone put up for rockin Lou I'm more confident.

CarolynK
February 26th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Monique and all!

It is FREEZING cold here and the winds are howling and did so all night. Just Brrrrr! On a good note, it kept the coyotes from howling all night and ruffing up the fur kids.

No mouse yet but it did eat all the cheese from the traps. Hubs always uses peanut butter so not exactly sure why he went with cheese but now we have peanut butter.

Yesterday, I saw a "high speed" chase through my little bitty town. Some dude in a farm truck that couldn't go over 50 mph with two sheriff officers on his tale. He had that farm truck wide open. Couldn't stop laughing. They followed him for 6 miles before setting out the spike strips. Guess he tried to steal a vehicle out in the county but was unsuccessful. It was the highlight of my day.

I got my order from M* yesterday with the Bosal Innerform, dresden template, charms and a couple other things so I'm ready for a snowy sewing weekend.

Stay safe, warm and sending smiles and hugs!

Carolyn

Ginny B
February 26th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good Morning. A chilly morning here with the possibility of some light snow later on today. Won't amount to much of anything though.

Heading to work today. Got rid of a headache yesterday afternoon and dh cooked dinner for us so I didn't have to venture into the kitchen. Took a little nap on the couch. DS and granddog are here and so far, Boo is nice and calm. I was a bit concerned that because he had gotten into his "I'm nervous and I'm going to be pacing constantly and trying to get into places I can't really fit" mode that he would be a bit trying. But he isn't and is actually sound asleep. So is ds and I think that they both needed a good nights sleep without starting the day off with construction sounds next door and panic along with it. We are hoping construction is done by the time they go home this weekend.

Time to get this body moving. I really would rather stay home again but I've got a project I need to get done at work so off I go. Stay safe and warm everyone.

MayinJerset
February 26th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Amy your cute DD and DH are so enjoying digging into that huge dessert.
Monique hope your fasting time goes quickly.
Rest of the group - stay warm indoors!

I'm ready for the weekend but with No Snow please. Nothing much planned besides finishing top I'm working on and packing up more 'stuff' for Good Will. Beginning of the year DH and I decided we needed to clear out stuff from the garage but the freezing temps have hindered our progress so we're hoping for a warmer day to get out there and work at it.

Blondie
February 26th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Hi ya Folksies

Slept in super duper late and then had to have two huge cups of coffee to warm me up. We have Mom up here, and she is still sleeping. Lots and lots and lots of snow and ice outside; fingers crossed for no power outage from the icing. It is really so very pretty to have the landscape painted so well. It really is a special feeling. Although Spring is calling my name, I may just have to make one more snow lady.

Monique, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Yuckie - poo. Saying extra prayers for you.
Granny Judy, you've been on my mind - big hugs
AmyR - love the pic with hubs and babygirl. Her bow is as big as she is. Gorgeous family!

I will try to check in later; off to make some 'nana bread and a fresh pot of joe.

Blessings, hugs, prayers and SMILES for everyone.

Midge
February 26th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone! Looks like a sunny morning here already, but still really cold. Although, Monique, nothing like you have up in Montreal. Today it is 8 F with a wind chill -10, and the thermometer isn't supposed to rise much throughout the day. And Friday another arctic front comes through. So today is a good day to get to the grocery store for a few things, and tomorrow will be a good day to do some baking.

Amy, such a sweet picture of Sophie and her dad. Glad the birthday was a success. Ginny, ok go to work if you must. Just make time for sewing fun later on. May, you inspire me with your tales of cleaning out your accumulation of "stuff". I cleaned a bunch out before I moved, but now that I am here I need to continue to weed out things. Slow and steady wins the race I guess. Carolyn, your low speed chase story is funny. Guess that's why we usually add the word 'stupid' in front of criminal, eh? Blondie, pamper your mama! Not that you need the suggestion, of course.

Not much going on here. Still dogsitting, but I am definitely ready for my friend to return home late Saturday. I'm going to finish up a quilt top I had packed away when I moved and get the borders on it for sure. I'm also working on a little wallhanging project for a Craftsy class I'm taking. And for some variety, I need to figure out what I want to make as a gift that will be coming up soon. I guess I like a smorgasbord of things to do, because I'm working on two books, too. Hey, it's retirement. I can do what I want and I have no one to account to for having my things out ready be picked up when the mood suits. Have a great day, everyone.

WendyI
February 26th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Morning all...Monique hope your day goes quick! I know it's not pleasant for sure. Amy such a cute pic.

Last night I met up with three ladies from my divorce support group at a pub in a nearby village. Very quaint and pretty good food. They have an arrangement with a small private theatre (very old) and do dinner and a movie nights! So you pay for your meal and get a movie pass with it! We saw the Theory of Everything and it was pretty good. Although I think all four of us had a wee cry when he and his wife separated. I couldn't sleep when I got home so am very tired today.

Tried to buy an aquarium off of a guy on kijiji...rudest person I have ever dealt with in my life and I told him so. Why post stuff there if you don't know how to deal with people!?

I'm at work today and my supervisor is gone for two days and left me nothing to do. She's still "weaning" me back into work which is really getting on my nerves. So..will have to try and keep busy. Going to be a very long two days! Stay warm and safe everyone! ((((HUGS))))

Bubby
February 26th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Morning,

It's bitter cold (6 degrees), snowing and blowing. Miserable. The Girls agreed with me when we were out before daylight and they didn't waste a split second outdoors.

Monique, I hope you get a good report on your test. That's such yucky stuff to drink...hang in there. ((HUGS))

Amy, what a priceless picture of Soph and Daddy! I hope you got your share of that scrumptious dessert! Soph is such a doll!

I caved and ordered a kit from Connecting Threads yesterday...the Ob-La-Di Kit. The Splash line of fabric is designed by Alex Anderson and I love the greyed neutral colors...beautiful and so reasonable. If you got the March 2015 CT catalog, it's on pages 30-31.

Jeff is howling for his breakfast. Were running later than usual this morning in the food department.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 26th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Good morning! It's snowing here! Yea! No, BOOOO! I did my traveling yesterday, and have plenty to do here, so I don't need to go out in it!

I had a wonderful day yesterday. The weather was beautiful, traffic was light, GPS got me to where I needed to be. I attended a long arm machine maintenance class at Bob W.'s favorite dealer, who has the most amazing huge, well stocked store out in the middle of the cow pastures in mid-Missouri. I was shocked when I saw the outside, and even more amazed when I walked in! It's a Bernina Mecca! Huge, had every machine and accessory anyone could think of. He had three long arm frames set up, one full size king! And there was still space around it! Amazing! The class was on maintenance of Tin Lizzie long arm machines. It's weird that in this whole state, to get service on these machines, I have to travel halfway across or all the way across the state! But I've met some great people in the search!

Met our friend zany Bob as I traveled through Jeff City on my way home. We weren't followed by the cops, we were on good behavior for the most part! Had the most delicious fried chicken lunch at a nice family restaurant! I had worked for 8 years with people based in Jeff City, it is a pretty town, state capital, but I had my places that I had to be for meetings and never got to explore the town very much. I enjoyed seeing things off the main drag. And reviewing some past memories of things I once did in that city.

Well, I got a whole pile of new accessories to try out and pretty fabrics that need to be made into something, so, you all have a great day! Monique, good luck with the porcelain throne, then tomorrow you'll get to take the best nap you ever had! That's how one friends of mine described her colonoscopy! She's right about that!

LRM
February 26th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Good morning everyone! Monique, I know today will be miserable, but the test is fine and it could save your life. It is one of those things that, if caught early, is no problem. If not, causes real heartache and misery. Good luck and stay focused on the loved ones that are grateful that you are taking care of yourself.

I'm feeling really bad for all of you in the deep freeze. My husband is traveling and in Chicago. Had to be rerouted yesterday to avoid weather as he left Texas. My daughter in Indiana is so tired of the weather. She thought that moving from Utah to Indiana she would have better winters, but last year and this year it has been horribly cold and snowy, while we have had it mild. She comes home this winter and I hope she doesn't bring the cold with her.

I'm waiting on a shipment with the backing fabric for my Summer in the Park. I hope the color matches. I couldn't get enough yardage of one of the fabrics from Miss Kate, so I ordered another aqua in 108" wide. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last bit of good news, the first calf was born yesterday. We have about 40 coming this year. I'm grateful for the mild weather because when it is bitter cold it makes this process much more difficult. I'll post a pic if I can get one.
Cheers to all!

rebeccas-sewing
February 26th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Oh Louise, Please post a picture of the calf if you can. I'd love to see it. Forty!!! You must have a pretty big herd.

RockinLou
February 26th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Hello friends! I'm knackered tonight, it's just exhausting, this teaching full time and having two little ones business...

Highlight of the week has been yesterday's delivery of my cutting table, desk and bookshelf so I can FINALLY set up my sewing space functionally :). I can't wait to spend the weekend at home sewing. Going out will be difficult anyway, because our car died and the mechanics are in an argument about what is wrong with it... Joy.

DD is overtired and worn out, she needs a down weekend too, and I think she will cozy up in the sewing room with me and watch Cinderella or The Sound of Music with me while we have a pajama day on Saturday. She's had a tough three weeks, so I've decided to refuse to do homework and put her to bed early, I'm sorry. But kindergarten kids cannoth spend all day in school then come home and do an hour of homework!!

I don't know what I'll work on this weekend, but I'll definitely get my space set up tomorrow afternoon and evening, tonight I'm too tired. I've been sleepwalking since noon.

Grandma Nan
February 26th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Good morning everyone - Well last day in Florida. We have to leave a few days early so that we can attend the memorial for my step mother in law. It has been a very stressful last few days as the family dynamics have played out. I am not going into all the shenanigans and foolishness that have gone on here but just a word to the wise. Please talk to your families about your death/funeral wishes and WRITE it down somewhere. Our problems come from a very late in life marriage (he was 82 and she was 86). He thinks because he was the husband (of 8 years) he doesn't have to consult with the daughters of (71,68 and 64 years). Let me tell you this is a mess. We kinda had an idea that this would happen someday and I tell you I am kinda happy to be out of town while the craziness is going on. I believe my husband might have been the reasonable voice to spread some oil on the water but we are not there. So now the daughters wont attend the memorial and there will be 5 of us there because the grandchildren are not invited or allowed to come either. If the bad weather in the north east continues we may have to delay our travels. Who knows, that might be a blessing right now. Just when you think you've seen most of it, something else comes along that truly shocks you. It is going to be a long drive and a stressful landing.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 26th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Good morning everyone - Well last day in Florida. We have to leave a few days early so that we can attend the memorial for my step mother in law. It has been a very stressful last few days as the family dynamics have played out. I am not going into all the shenanigans and foolishness that have gone on here but just a word to the wise. Please talk to your families about your death/funeral wishes and WRITE it down somewhere. Our problems come from a very late in life marriage (he was 82 and she was 86). He thinks because he was the husband (of 8 years) he doesn't have to consult with the daughters of (71,68 and 64 years). Let me tell you this is a mess. We kinda had an idea that this would happen someday and I tell you I am kinda happy to be out of town while the craziness is going on. I believe my husband might have been the reasonable voice to spread some oil on the water but we are not there. So now the daughters wont attend the memorial and there will be 5 of us there because the grandchildren are not invited or allowed to come either. If the bad weather in the north east continues we may have to delay our travels. Who knows, that might be a blessing right now. Just when you think you've seen most of it, something else comes along that truly shocks you. It is going to be a long drive and a stressful landing.

Thinking of you and the family, Nan. Have safe travels, and I hope the memorial will go off without more drama. Who needs that? My uncle remarried after his wife of 50+ years died! and the results of that were ugly for all involved. Especially when greed and egos get involved.

irishrn
February 26th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Morning all! Hope everyone has a good day today!
We were on the rain side of the snow/rail line for this last storm so we are doing OK. Others got snow and some are in power outages!! I hope Blondie made out OK!! She was well in the snow area!
Finished up painting lower walls yesterday then headed out to walmart to pick up RX ahead of the storm. The store was packed!!!
Picked up take out for dinner and crashed! Going up and down ladders and steps tools really got my fibromyalgia a bit crazy!!
And my muscles this am are screaming a big hello!!! Clean up today will not be fun, but necessary if I'm gonna get back to sewing!!
Health and happiness to all who have tests, babies coming and are snowed in!!

Blondie
February 26th, 2015, 01:09 PM

Ah, Nan, this is such a sad situation. I am not going to say it doesn't happen but most of the true love is not found in the later years; marriage is for convenience, taxes and not being alone. i think I can understand both sides and agree with you 100% - write it down, write it down, write it down! blessings to you on your journey back - hoping that the roads will be cleared and smooth driving.

Blondie

Blondie
February 26th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Morning all! Hope everyone has a good day today!
We were on the rain side of the snow/rail line for this last storm so we are doing OK. Others got snow and some are in power outages!! I hope Blondie made out OK!! She was well in the snow area!
Finished up painting lower walls yesterday then headed out to walmart to pick up RX ahead of the storm. The store was packed!!!
Picked up take out for dinner and crashed! Going up and down ladders and steps tools really got my fibromyalgia a bit crazy!!
And my muscles this am are screaming a big hello!!! Clean up today will not be fun, but necessary if I'm gonna get back to sewing!!
Health and happiness to all who have tests, babies coming and are snowed in!!

Thank Eileen ~ we have a good solid 6 inches - in the back yard where there are no trees to obstruct the snowfall, it is 8". Hubs put on his boots to make that trek. It is a very heavy wet snow and actually looks as if it is deeper than that. Must be some kind of optical illusion. we had 6 inches last week and it didn't look this pretty. no power outages yet but our locals are saying that if we freeze tonite, it may affect the power lines. I like the optimism "if it freezes tonite". brilliant forecasters. I was thinking of you, eileen, thinking you would get hit hard with the ice. Glad to read that you are in the rain zone. Stay dry and warm

Simply Quilting
February 26th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Good Morning! A crisp morning here. The windchill is -10 at this late in the morning. We missed basically all of the snow just had enough moisture to have to watch out last night for black ice.

Nan, praying for safety as you travel and so sorry about all the trouble with the funeral.

Amy, a very precious picture.

Monique, hope the day goes quickly by for you.

Carolyn, glad that it was a slow chase and no one was hurt.

Jean, glad that you had a great time yesterday. And looking forward to seeing your creations from all the new accessories and fabric.

RockinLou, enjoy your weekend of relaxing. It can be wonderful and refreshing for the whole family just to have a down weekend.

Louise, glad for a healthy calf for the first one of the season. Surely, spring has to be around the corner. When the little ones started being born that is what we always thought that spring can't be too far off.

Have a great day everyone :)