PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Morning Hellos

Blondie
September 14th, 2011, 07:02 AM

Good Morning, all you lovely folksies!
I have my work cut out for me today - literally. Will be with Mom, cleaning and looking for some stuff she can't find. I told her she is contagious. I can't find anything here either!
I did get a bit of sewing in yesterday. Still haven't taken any pictures. I didn't get out to the store but will as soon as the sun comes up.
What's up for everyone today?

Shirley
September 14th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hi Blondie, Hope you and Mom have fun looking for stuff. :) I have the same problem here. Today I plan on making some pillowcases. One of the homeless shelters is asking for pillows and pillowcases for the new cots they purchased for children. I have made several pillows. You can use your quilt scraps, (fabric and batting) for the stuffing. They are surprisingly comfy! The cases I have made so far are really cute and I know the children will really love them.
Have a great day everyone!

Bubby
September 14th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Good Morning...It's a chilly morning here, so I decided to bake DH a German Chocolate cake. The house smells yummy! I was up until 2:00 am sewing and now I have 17 Dresden Plates made...12 to go! The tedious thing about this pattern is all the prep work...cutting, sewing and turning and pressing the blades. When each plate uses 20 blades, it takes a pile of fabrics. It's fun work and it's using up some of my stash. DH is wondering why I stopped sewing in the direction I was sewing and took on this new project.....he still has alot to learn about quilters..LOL.

Blondie, I'm on my way to spend the day with you...put on the coffee!!!!

I have hopes of getting some housework done today early so I get get back to sewing. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.....

donnah818
September 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Up til 2:00 and a cake baking by 8:00? When do you gals sleep? I guess I am not quite addicted yet,I still need my 7to8 hours. Enjoy your day. Donna

meemeecyn
September 14th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Good Wed. morning, quilting friends! Yes, we have some ambitious folks on this forum! I just did my walk....today is unseasonably warm for this time of year in New Hampshire. But I refuse to complain...it'll be snowing before we can blink! I do hope to do some sewing...finishing up a few things for our hospital craft fair. Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
September 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hey, look who beat me up this morning! Can't believe Barb has a cake in the oven. Guess where I'm going with my cuppa!!!

Have a quick trip to the PO this morning - watch out Cynthia and Martha!!! Also have to run by Sam's Club to pick up paper products - some for the BR and some for the printer . . . horrible to run out of printer paper when you have quilt patterns just begging to be printed out and added to your bucket list. Does anyone know where that term came from??????

We had chill in the air this morning (wonderful) and some little drizzles here and there. I realized yesterday that we hadn't had any significant water falling on plants when I saw my potted plants were looking droopy - but don't get me started on this DH of mine who has been ignoring my pleas to finally hook up my water hose that was disconnected LAST YEAR when they put in the new deck - and they made it necessary to have the whole thing rerouted. AS usual, I digress.

Some days I get up full of it and today seems to be one. Sorry, GALS and GUYS.

Don't know what I'm doing today, so I'll leave here before I show myself again!! Hugs, prayers, warm wishes and lots and lots of love to everyone.

sally
September 14th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Good morning...IS IT ONLY WEDS. SIGH I have to work out of town again... I am starting to see a pattern forming here and it isn't a quilt one. SIGH Hey Jan I was watching American Pickers and it looks like they were in your neck of the woods. I would love to be a picker...look through old barns and such ( Blondee that one across the road from you haunts me):lol: What I want to find is one of those old metal laundry baskets on wheels...SIGH Anyhow must get ready...Have a great day everyone...I am off to hit the open road....SIGH

Monique
September 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Good morning everyone. I see we all have a full day ahead of us. I am going to try to make more blocks for the swap. Beautiful day. One of neighbours has cukes for me and I will take a recipe of the peach cobbler muffins from this site to another neighbour. Other than that no much happenin'.

Have a great day to you all.

Loonwatcher
September 14th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah...it's Wednesday. My brain is fried. Last night was another sleepless night; awake until about 3am. Been having too many of those lately. So far today I'm doing ok but I expect I'll run out of energy any time now. Can't leave work early because I'm dispatching the ambulance today. Then I have to go to JoAnn's for the last items and drop some packages into the mail - they'll be there soon Barb and Blondie!

Have a great day.....(prying my eyelids open)....

Hugs,

oldgurl4
September 14th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Well... I Made it for Lunch Time!
M-m-mm--- German Chocolate Cake!!...

Send US the recipe! ~Bubby~ that's one I have not made....YET!...hee-hee

Hellooooo There... Unfortunatly Here at work.
I wonder when will be my time to RETIRE!!! I Can't WAIT!

I would LUV American Pickers to come over my house----I'll Be there with OPEN ARMS!..I MEAN DOORS!!

Have a Safe and Blessed Day

TTYL

HandsOffItsMine
September 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Aloha Wednesday all,

Hmmm, cleaning, baking, watering, working, I need to get going, I feel so behind.

Nancy, hope you get some sleep soon. With Fibro, that's something we normally don't get enough of. So I feel your pain. Cat naps normally make me feel spaced out, don't do those unless I'm having a really bad day.

DH has to meet a head hunter in Honolulu this morning, please say a prayer. Then he's taking me to a "quilt shop", I'm a bit skeptical 'cause terms out here are normally not what they are on the mainland. lol I'll keep you posted.

Have a blessed day and make sure you smile at least once today. Love, Ruby

Txgrandma
September 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Well this is Wednesday and I'm crying just a little bit. My one and only shade tree a huge live oak got cut down in my back yard this am. It had beatles in it and the tree guy said the drought is making the problem extremely worse this year. Now I'm on the hunt for a fast growing shade tree to replace it with. I have been told cottonwoods grow fast but with allergies that is not an option. We'll have a lot of firewood they just cut it down now hubby and I have to cut it up for firewood. Got some cleaning and my shopping done yesterday, Sams Club, pharmacy and quilt shop. Groceries, meds and fabric, the three mainstays of life. LOL It sounds like everyone here has a busy day ahead, I'm going to fix a bite for lunch then headed for the sewing room. I have backing for one that I need to measure and get cut, then do some more to the pinwheels. I'm in a quandry about what to do, didn't like the looks of it after doing them the way I had planned so now I'm changing them in midstream. Prayers and hugs going out for all my quiltie friends. Have a great day. Love and Hugs.

K. McEuen
September 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Catalpa trees grow fast and do well in Texas, but they have those darn bean pods. Cottonwoods grow fast but don't live that long there and that cotton they drop in their blooming season is terrible. You might see how a sycamore or maple would do in your area. I think maples are slower and maybe for a bit cooler climate, not sure. My parents had a big live oak on their property in Texas that I loved, all except all the acorns it would drop on my car when I was there.

Today is my Friday this week for one job. I have a board meeting at noon this Friday, but it should be relatively painless.

Blondie
September 14th, 2011, 09:21 PM
What about a pussy willow tree? I planted one about 5 years ago in the back from a rooted slip off my Mom's. It is gi-nor-mous now. I am trimming it and rooting it for everyone I know. I have also heard of the Chinaberry Tree - does that grow fast enough? I know they get big from friend's pictures.

Sandy Navas
September 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Oh, Blondie, I need a pussy willow slip. I really wish they were prevalent around here . . . we had some when we lived upstate New York.

janluna
September 14th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hello, I was busy today, mostly with cleaning and then my back started in. Next my legs started burning and muscle spasms in my back. I have mopped my floors three times this week and I swear by the time I put the mop away it's dirty again. I gave up, took my meds, and started reading my new J.D. Robb book to get my head away from my back. Now I know why it hurts. According to the weather man we have a day full of storms coming at us tomorrow. I should have known after all these years, but you tend to question yourself about why it hurts. My kids use me as a weather map. So I accomplished nothing, again! Hopefully tomorrow once the storm front passes I will get some stuff done. Until then, I'm going to watch Nanny MacPhee Returns! and see if her magic makes me forget to hurt. I love kids movies. They make me smile.
I want to finish a couple of quilty things and I have a quilt kit I would love to start, or maybe its time to start my Christmas quilt I always wanted for my bed. I'll decide to do whatever talks to me in the morning. Love you all, prayers for those who need them. Hugs, Jan L.

<\\\\\X

HandsOffItsMine
September 14th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Aloha Jan,

Hope your back's getting better after you've rested a bit. Prayer's to ya! Ruby

quiltingtrish
September 15th, 2011, 12:11 AM
What a day.
Hi everyone. Please pray for no more rain here. Got a call from my sister who said that 3 of her 4 basement walls are buckling. She called and asked me to please bring home her prized possessions. She is waiting for the insurance man to call. Told they'll call within 48 hours. She is nuts. Seems that the water they got in the basement - not from the flood here, but from the heavy rains we have had for a week - they got 4 inches. Well, seems that the wall that was put up around the cinderblock basement walls has given way and now the walls are buckling. Also seems that it goes back to when they bought the house 4 years ago. Were told there 2 other bids on the house and since their's was the highest, the lady would sell to whoever did not want a home inspection. My sis and BIL were so excited to get a house, they neglected to have it inspected and now see that someone put up steel beam supports - of course who would have thought about it then, but now see why they were there. OF course the 2 people that lived there they bought it from has died, so if insurance doesn't cover it (were told so far that it might cost about $40,000) that they have no other recourse. I don't know. Of course when I got ready to leave their house, it poured so bad that I couldn't see coming home so I turned around and went back to stay at her place until it let up.
Then on the way home, got a call from DH that my oldest was in a car accident on his way home - in my car. He hit and she ran. Said that the lady ran a red light and that's why he hit her. The car doesn't look like it has a scratch on it but he knows her car somehow got something done to it. He followed her and got her license plate number and she never pulled over. After about 15 minutes of him following her through the city, he called the police. He is still waiting for them to call him back. My guess is that she doesn't have insurance. I am just thanking God DS is okay.

Been busy with school during the day and am wiped out at night normally. Not a moment to sit and think during the day. Did get those 2 quilts done and turned in to the Guild. They had a goal of 200 quilts for the local Christmas charity and surpassed it by 10 quilts. Everyone pitched in.
Tomorrow is a home soccer game for Katie so I will go to that after school. Says they are not playing her cause her knee has been bothering her. She's pretty down about that, so prayers would help with that.
I'm going to go do my dishes, turn on the outside basement light for my sister if they need to come here and go to bed. Tomorrow has got to be a better day! (Of course they are calling for rain so I'll be checking my phone throughout the day in case she calls for me to come get more stuff.)

Hugs,

SuzyQue
September 15th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Trish---here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day for you! Wow! Sounds like you had a toughie today. Hugs!

HandsOffItsMine
September 15th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Trish, hope you get some rest, that DS gets home ok and that your sister and BIL do ok...and please Lord, may the rain stop!

Hugs and prayers from us all.

Ruby