PDA

View Full Version : the birds are singing....

bubba
February 22nd, 2015, 08:02 PM
the sun is shining.......the cherry blossom trees are in full bloom! Oh, and so are the daffodils! This is unheard of....normally this does not happen till April! Hope it does not screw up the tulips.

And Yoda is in and out of the house searching. I may need to take a tranquilizer!

Grandma G
February 22nd, 2015, 09:54 PM
Yes, dogs grieve for each other. Many, many years ago I owned a Bassett Hound and a family at the end of our street had one, too. His name was Thunder and he would waddle down to our house to play with my Wendy all the time. Well, my beloved Wendy died quite unexpectedly leaving us all grieving. About a week after Wendy passed I was in the kitchen and heard this God awful sound coming from the back yard. I looked out the window and there was Thunder in the middle of the yard, head tossed back and howling like nothing I had ever heard before or since. It gave me chills and caused another wave of grief. Thunder came to see us often and we would let him in and he would get under the kitchen table and just lay there and watch us. He was killed by a speeding car a few years after that when he wandered out to the main road. We grieved again but my thought was that he was now playing with Wendy in heaven.

Pat, I am still sending prayerful thoughts to you both.

stationarymom
February 23rd, 2015, 03:40 AM
Pat I'm sorry for your loss.
We still have six feet of snow on the ground here.Today it actually reached 40 but then tonight the temp dropped back in to single digits and we're going back into neg. numbers again.