PDA

View Full Version : Returning to previous spot

soul60s
February 20th, 2015, 08:29 AM
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but can't find it now. When I am shopping in a section like precuts, there could be hundreds of items. If I click on one to view, when i hit my back button to continue, it takes me to the top or close to the top of the page and not to where I previously was. If I left off at item 500 for example, I'd like to be taken back to that spot. As it is now, I have to wait for each "page" to load again. More often than not I get so frustrated thatI stop shopping. Any chance this feature can be added?

stitchwishes
February 20th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Right click on the link and select to open in a new tab, as many items you want. I usually use my iPad to browse and sometimes the browser does just what you're describing.

soul60s
February 20th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Right click on the link and select to open in a new tab, as many items you want. I usually use my iPad to browse and sometimes the browser does just what you're describing.

I have this happen on my tablet and my laptop. People get so used to little luxuries like hitting your back button and it takes you where you were, the scroll wheel (the software at work doesn't work with the wheel) working, shortcut keys working, etc. I just end up giving up on shopping when I have gone through hundreds of items, click on one, then can't get back to where I was. :icon_angry:

Cat n bull
February 20th, 2015, 08:21 PM
OMG I have been hating the browsing too! I am currently gathering fabrics in very specific colors, and every time I have to go back to look for more, I need more wine.

Would be FABULOUS to be able to go back to where I was! Or to at least be able to add to a specific wish list from the Quick Look option.

Thimbleena
February 20th, 2015, 08:43 PM
This is one of my pet peeves, too. I hate to admit it, but if I get frustrated enough I usually either don't make a purchase at all, or go to a different website that has a more user-friendly way of searching. There's no problem if I know exactly what I'm looking for, and am searching by designer or collection, but when I'm browsing by color, or precut (jellyrolls, layer cakes, etc.) or style, if I'm on number 945 out of 1200 items, I'm certainly not going to start over from the beginning, I just give up on looking at those last 255 items.

asta
February 20th, 2015, 08:57 PM
On the up side here, it has saved me $$$$. I have, more than a few times had a daily deal in my cart when I got frustrated with the search feature, trying to find coordinating fabrics and such, Then ended up not getting anything that day.

JCY
February 20th, 2015, 10:52 PM
This is a problem M* needs to fix, as there are many frustrated customers out here who are unhappy with the way that works. Who wants to keep starting over with their browsing!

mpattylou
February 21st, 2015, 12:43 AM
Amen!
Have to add to the message...it says you cannot leave a comment shorter than 10 characters....

shermur
February 22nd, 2015, 08:41 AM
This has been an aggrevation of mine as well; it would be nice to hit the back bottom and resume were you left off in viewing different styles and catagories!

Suzette
February 22nd, 2015, 08:49 AM
To avoid this hassle, I right click on the item I want to view and open in a new tab. Then I can just switch back to my original tab when I am ready to browse again, picking up right where I left off. :icon_happy:

Until they add the feature that takes you right back to where you left off, this works beautifully. ;)

Betsy D
February 22nd, 2015, 12:24 PM
I find that feature annoying too. On my Macbook, I hold 'control' and click the mouse. Then an option comes that gives an option to open another window. Pick that.

That saves having to scroll down over and over.

BillNye
February 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
I definitely hear you guys. I wanted so badly to build a really visual browsing experience, but we sacrificed the functionality of shopping instead.

Give me about 2 months and I'll have pagination and more built back in. Sorry about the trouble!!

Granny Fran
February 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks for hearing us. I can wait it out.

diane_827@hotmail.com
February 23rd, 2015, 07:42 AM

I also wish it would take you back to where you left off

soul60s
February 23rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
To avoid this hassle, I right click on the item I want to view and open in a new tab. Then I can just switch back to my original tab when I am ready to browse again, picking up right where I left off. :icon_happy:

Until they add the feature that takes you right back to where you left off, this works beautifully. ;)

I don't have a right button. I use a track pad. Sometimes I have many, many tabs open. I don't need another one.

laura44
February 23rd, 2015, 11:01 PM
Thank-you!

Claudia0712
April 7th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I have been reading many posts regarding the same problem. Some of these posts go back years, so I guess M* is not going to fix the problem. Shame on them, happy customers are buying customers.

BillNye
April 7th, 2015, 02:10 PM
I have been reading many posts regarding the same problem. Some of these posts go back years, so I guess M* is not going to fix the problem. Shame on them, happy customers are buying customers.

Hey Claudia, I'm currently rebuilding this now, there is a lot that goes into it though, give me just another month or two and I'll have the fix out. Working hard here, please don't put shame on me, pretty please!

sidesaddles
April 7th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I've not had this problem. When I hit the back arrow, I go back to where I was.

dwil23
April 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM
So it's not just me? I admit I don't order near as much as I would like to from M* because the website is just too hard (time consuming) to navigate. I check the daily deal and if I want it , I might look for something to go with it, but browsing is exasperating.

p.s. Alan, just read your post - no shame - it's just growing pains you all have grown very quickly!

Josephine09
April 7th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I'm excited for this fix to come! Thanks for working on it. I don't know why I haven't thought of using the open in another tab option (and I'm a tech teacher for crying out loud!).

diane_827@hotmail.com
April 13th, 2015, 08:45 AM
I could not agree more.. This is so frustrating!!!!