PDA

View Full Version : It' another Thursday

Monique
February 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Not much happening. Blondie is snowed in if you haven't heard. I did not sleep well last night. Hubby was away to start, my hip got so sore and sleep alluded me at times.

Going out for breakfast this morning and a little grocery shopping, nothing exciting.

Have a great day friends.

NanaB
February 19th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Just wondering--is anybody cold? It's 10 degrees here in North Carolina. I'm downhill from Blondie (an hour or so away). I'm sure she is snuggled down on the hill. Have a great day, folksies. Quilting generates warmth!!!!

buckeyequilter
February 19th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Just wondering--is anybody cold? It's 10 degrees here in North Carolina. I'm downhill from Blondie (an hour or so away). I'm sure she is snuggled down on the hill. Have a great day, folksies. Quilting generates warmth!!!!

Not too cold...spring temps here, it's -1. You stay warm, now.

Amy R
February 19th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Negative 18 this morning!!! It says 3 now on the thermometer.

Had to take Kit Kat to the vet last night, he's got two large ulcers in his mouth one is infected pretty bad. Apparently the salmon cat food is too much for him. #1 provoker of these sores. So, after a shot of steroid (which I know is bad) and some antibiotics and a 56 dollar bag of special food >< we're on our road to recovery. Luckily he's not a picky eater, his stomach is just picky about the protein that's in it!

Hopefully there will be sewing in my day today.
Hope all is well with everyone!

WendyI
February 19th, 2015, 10:32 AM
They're calling for a low of -35 today...I'm surprised the schools were even open. BUT the sun is shining so I'm okay with it and I work indoors so it's good. Going to be a very long day. Hugs to everyone who needs them...stay warm all! xox

Sonic
February 19th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Just wondering--is anybody cold? ........Quilting generates warmth!!!!
Cold enough here to cancel school. Kiddo is overjoyed!
And I agree... quilting does keep me warmer during the long cold days.

MayinJerset
February 19th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Don't know present temp but it's cold but sun is shining brightly. Supposed to be around 40 this weekend but I'll believe that when and if it happens.

Still sewing some doll quilts, 2 finished and 2 to quilt and bind. Did de-stash some fabrics so that's good. Next project an irish chain lap quilt for DS#1's MIL who is going through chemo. Will be a stash quilt as I'll pull pastels from stash and use white on white yardage I have.101544

Navy Wife
February 19th, 2015, 10:52 AM
It's even cold in Florida. Supposed to be below freezing tonight all the way down here in Tampa. The wind is about to blow us away. I wish you folks would keep your winter weather up north where it belongs!

JCY
February 19th, 2015, 11:00 AM
It's +26 deg. with frost here. It's supposed to be 60 today & sunny. The warm before the next storm, which is coming Sat. & Sun.; 8-12" of snow are predicted. I'm all packed up ready to head out with all my stuff for the all day quilting class on FMQ. The class is in Lyons. A wonderful quilt store. It's cozy with a wood burning stove in the corner. You can check out Lyons Quilting on fb. The instructor will be teaching trapunto, McTavishing, & other stitches, along with some thread work. I hope to learn some new things. I've been doing FMQ for 3 yrs. I hope everyone has a good day. For those of you in the deep freeze, stay warm. My son lives in the D.C. area & it's bitter cold there, too. Very cold, for that area.

ravelim
February 19th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Morning everyone. I'm so frustrated with my football quilt. The FMQING is horrible. I tried to follow the pattern ideas and it's miserable looking. DH says it will nice and warm and the thought that is with it is great. Bless his heart. He truly is a keeper. The top isn't flat. It is puckered and not tight. But I guess if you look at it from the courthouse on the hill it's okay. Just bummed by all that work and excitement that went into it and now realize it isn't that great. Enough complaining.

Today I'm going to try to finish up that miserable quilt. Have to go have a blood draw. Then coming to read a book.

Have a good day. Hugs

irishrn
February 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Yes, it's cold here in NC! It's 18 now with a high of 20 expected. But it will be 3 overnight! DH is driving me crazy about keeping the heat up but my dry eyes are screaming NO!!!!!
I hope this all goes away soon! DH fell on the ice yesterday and couldn't get back up but refused my help!! His right arm hurts today but he won't let me look at it! MEN!!! So stubborn!
So hope everyone stays safe and warm! Enough snow already!!

Carrie J
February 19th, 2015, 12:29 PM
The English word Thursday is named after the Norse god of thunder, Thor. Thursday literally means “Thor’s day” in Old English. Thor is represented riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the hammer.

In most languages with Latin origins, the day is named after the god and planet Jupiter. Jupiter is depicted as the chief god of sky and thunder who maintained his power with his thunderbolt.

OK, so we're dealing with hammers, chariots, goats and thunderbolts...................how the heck did goats get in the mix? LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

Ok, Ok, it's a sheep, but what the heck..........................thought we needed some levity due to the Winter blues. :D
Hugs and Blessing to all, especially those that need them, stay warm!

RockinLou
February 19th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Hi friends! Glad to hear Blondie is okay!

This is what I've been sewing this evening....

Too bad it is all paper!! But my daughter is super excited for her rainbow birthday party tomorrow afternoon!!

RockinLou
February 19th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Okay, my iPad is possessed, The top image is upside down and the bottom image is sideways.... Anyway those are party decorations for my sweet girl!

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2015, 06:29 PM

Meanwhile, back in Australia.

inspired
February 19th, 2015, 11:12 PM
OMG Sandy...You manage to end my day with a huge laugh !!! It is so darn "COLD HERE IN ONTARIO" Did I emphasize that enough? Just walking from my car to hospital today froze my a** off. Took me a long time to warm up enough to hold and feed babies. They are crying right now that they want to return to the womb!