PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new sewing machine

OhMara
September 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
In need of a new sewing machine. Dont want to spend alot. Has anyone had a Bernina Activa 135? Interested in Pros and Cons!
Thanks for you advise!

sally
September 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I currently use an older Kenmore but there have been many previous discussions on machines...put in the word sewing machine in the search area and check them out.

janluna
September 12th, 2011, 11:40 PM
My friend has Bernina's and she loves them. ALL of them. Hugs, Jan L.

OhMara
September 13th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Thank You!

lamkin
September 13th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I have had 3 different Berninas. All sew great. I faithfully have yearly mainteneance done only. Most stores have trade ins that they sell. You might be happier with one with lots of decorative stitches.

S

Bubby
September 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Bernina...they all have the basic quality built in and, of course, all the bells and whistles cost more! I have never known anyone who owned a Bernina say anything negative about their machine. My next machine will be a Bernina.

Kizzie
September 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I just got my brand new Brother SE-400 - I cant believe it my hubby bought it as a suprise for my birthday - I've never done sewing before but it also does embroidery too So now I can personalize items like towels etc its like two machines in one! I think its fantastic for its price too - but then again I'm a beginner and find it super easy to use - loving all the gadgets and electronics!!!

lamkin
September 14th, 2011, 06:32 PM
One thing my newer Bernina has a 9MM stitch width which I really like. This gives you lots of flexibility for the decorative stitches. I believe the older machines were 5MM stitch width.

S