PDA

View Full Version : It was great! Difficult but good!

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 11:00 AM
So went to my meetup group last night and it was really good! The woman who does it is an actual psychologist/therapist and is volunteering her time for this group! AND she's from the east coast of Canada (Newfoundland) and my family are all Maritimers so we clicked right away. There's also a 69 year old man there who teaches Martial Arts and kickboxing. He owns a gym and only charges $25 a month...so may look into that. I did have a few tears of course but felt very safe and supported. I am definitely going to go back. Half of them already offered to help me move on May 1st...and they just met me! I signed the lease on my new place on Friday last week and opened my own bank account.

Tonight I am driving 45 minutes to join another group and then will be hanging out with the first group possibly on Sat. night. It felt REALLY good to get out of the house. Afterwards, I treated myself to a 500 ml container of Hagdendas praelines and cream icecream! I have never done that in my life and I ate the entire container! It was SO GOOD! Now I have to behave for the next month but it was so worth it!

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement received here...again...best forum EVER. Love you all. xox

MRoy
February 18th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I'm glad it went so well Wendy! Excellent!!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 18th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the update! One step at a time!

Doloris
February 18th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Glad you are able to get out and meet new people. We never realize how isolated we make ourselves when we are in a relationship. This is a beginning of the rest of your life, not an ending. Let your new path lead you to happiness!!

Midge
February 18th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Yay, Wendy! You did it and the ice is now broken. I'm so glad you found this group, and I hope the second group will be equally good. You have made a great start.

shirleyknot
February 18th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I'm very proud of you! You are doing wonderful things.

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Kudos to you Wendy for reaching out for support and Congrats that the group last night was just what you need at this time. Lots a new and positive things happening for you.

Cathy F
February 18th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Way to go Wendy! You've already taken many steps, you have a new residence, and opened your own bank account!

irishrn
February 18th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Congrats girl!! This is a wonderful first step! See, people like you ( but we all knew that)
So glad you are making your way on this new journey!!!101465

Hugs to you!!

Sonic
February 18th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Yay! I'm glad it went well and you have another ring of support!
You deserve it and this is just the beginning...things go up from here. :)

GrammaBabs
February 18th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Good for you Wendy! Finding the groups to help you is the right move... my son has spent over 10 years in AA....I thank God for them Each Day! Family can only support you, and the only one that can live your life is YOU !
The people in these groups NEVER give up on you,,, Just keep your mind and ears open.. they are so important to your healing and success...One Day at a Time and one foot in front of the other... Bless you and Good Luck! Hugs, GB

fatquarters
February 18th, 2015, 11:56 AM
yah! glad it worked out for you!

Iris Girl
February 18th, 2015, 12:11 PM
wonderful news!! Glad everything went well and your moving forward and getting YOUR life on . Remember baby steps one at a time . YOU will get there. (((HUGS)))

pcbatiks
February 18th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Glad everything went well for you in your new group meeting!

Bubby
February 18th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I'm glad it worked out so well for you!

asta
February 18th, 2015, 12:29 PM
So glad to hear you had such a positive experience! (((((hugs)))))

sidesaddles
February 18th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Good for you girl..The first step is the hardest. Glad you found a great group. You have a wonderful personality and it will get you through this.

Simply Quilting
February 18th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I'm glad that things went well at the meeting last night.

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone! Tonight I'm off to a second group in another city that's 45 min away. I'm hoping this one will be just as good! Will keep you all posted! xox

quiltingtrish
February 18th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Aww Wendy - that's great you found a group you are comfortable with and I hope this 2nd group tonight is just as good. I can see some smiles in your typing so that's great!!
Hugs,

toggpine
February 18th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Here is a big one for ya! :icon_hug:

I'll get you some photos sent soon!

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Here is a big one for ya! :icon_hug:

I'll get you some photos sent soon!

Oh Yay!!! Can't wait!! Thanks for the smacker! Xoxo

auntiemern
February 18th, 2015, 08:30 PM
How exciting. I am so proud of you. I truly believe that with a little help your light will shine brightly. It has been snuffed out for far to long. Love that you ate the entire carton of ice cream. Mine would have been rocky road, ;)

sewelegant
February 18th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I'm so proud of you Wendy! YOU DID IT!!! Now that the huge first step has been taken, you'll shine from here on.

Monique
February 18th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Ah Wendy, what a great start on this new road of adventures. You even sound cheery and upbeat in your message. YOU CAN DO THIS!! It is WENDY time. Look out world, here she comes.

ceiliam
February 18th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Way to go, i am sure it was hard to go, but so glad you did

Bjvarizona
February 19th, 2015, 01:17 AM
I gained a pound just reading about the ice cream! Way to go trying out support groups, sounds like you've struck pay dirt with at least the first one!

grammakim04
February 19th, 2015, 01:52 AM
You are amazing!

bscuzz
February 19th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Bravo Girl - like opening a new door . . then another . . .and another. Hope tonight is even better. Good for you!! :icon_woohoo:

FabStripper
February 19th, 2015, 02:26 AM
This is such an exciting journey to your new life isn't it? Enjoy every moment!

maxwellthecat
February 19th, 2015, 02:39 AM
Wendy, I am so happy that your having a good time at your groups. Getting out of the house and being with people is the best medicine.

stationarymom
February 19th, 2015, 02:46 AM
Glad to hear that your meeting went so well and that you are on your way to finding some new people to surround yourself with.

traildancer
February 19th, 2015, 03:57 PM
The ice cream sounds wonderful! I sometimes treat myself for whatever reason to a Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard at Dairy Queen. Yum.

You're worth it and your news sound great!

alliek
February 19th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Wonderful! So happy to hear it went well.:icon_bigsmile: