PDA

View Full Version : There is hope!

rebeccas-sewing
February 18th, 2015, 10:34 AM
I know many of you are feeling cooped up and going stir crazy! Today I was out for a walk and I took this picture with you in mind. In case you think spring is never going to arrive, take heart, it will be here. Just hold on a while longer.101458

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 10:46 AM
OMG are those crocus'!?! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 18th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Beautiful! Looks like spring is coming early to Western Europe!

SuzyQue
February 18th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I always think those first spring flowers hold so much hope! Thanks for the encouragement!

K. McEuen
February 18th, 2015, 03:47 PM
I have tulip and daffodil leaves starting to poke up through the dirt here. They are maybe an inch high.

Monique
February 18th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks Rebecca, but spring can't come soon enough. And if ANYONE complains about the heat this summer............................................ .....................................

kimsophia
February 18th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Would the Netherlands accept me on refugee status? :D

rebeccas-sewing
February 18th, 2015, 05:00 PM
hahaha. I don't know how that works Kimsophia, but maybe! The Grape Hyacinth that Joe surprised me with last year are sending up green shoots. I thought for sure those plants wouldn't make it but sure enough they are thriving!

laura44
February 18th, 2015, 08:57 PM
My daffodils and tulips have already bloomed and are now dying.
Crazy weather!

Bubby
February 18th, 2015, 09:32 PM
What an encouraging sight!

JCY
February 18th, 2015, 10:44 PM
I have crocuses blooming, as well as early blossoms on the primrose. Tulips & daffodils have green stems up, but too early for flowers. We're expecting 8-12" of snow Sat. & Sun, so they'll get covered up...again. It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow! Glad for the good weather to drive to my quilting class 12 mi. away. The weather in Colo. is very changeable this time of year.

alliek
February 18th, 2015, 10:48 PM
SIGH! Even here in Southern Virginia, we are in a deep freeze! Thanks for the pictures, Yes, Spring is coming, It is, It really, really is!

Bjvarizona
February 19th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Oh, please let me hang onto the idea of complaining about too much heat! I've been gentle, not mentioning (very often) our 70 degree days, just so I can complain when it hits 115 this summer in Phoenix! I lived 30 years in Alaska, so I know about cold (-50+ on the thermometer - no wind) and snow(less than many places this year), it can be very depressing, not to mention the short days, but HEAT is also oppressive! I love winters here but sometimes I wish I was only a seasonal Arizonan! I guess I should just average the temps I've lived in and call it good, huh?

maxwellthecat
February 19th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Thank you Rebecca, you are so sweet.