PDA

View Full Version : It is a Wednesday kind of day today.

Monique
February 18th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Good morning. A little warmer this morning. Spring isn't coming fast enough for me. AND I will never complain that it is too warm.

I got started on that baby quilt yesterday so I guess that is what I will be working on for the next few days. I need it done by the 28th.

Not much else is new around here.

Have a safe and warm day friends.

Bubby
February 18th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Good Morning....we're still having blizzard weather. I shoveled a small mountain of snow yesterday and put ice melt down. I could only stay outside about half an hour at a time because it was so cold. More of the same for me today I think.

Jeff's physical therapist is scheduled to come today. Not sure if she will want to risk driving on our county lane. I drove to the mailbox yesterday and slid around a bit. Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk. Her kids are certainly out of school so it would be nice if she could stay home with them. Dottie pulled me off my feet yesterday and I fell on my right hip but I seem to be fine other than aching this morning. Luckily I fell on the snow and not the sidewalk or porch. I have to keep the Girls on a leash in deep snow because they're so short and I need a way to retrieve them if they go in too deep. Sometimes all I see are ears sticking out of the snow.

The DD is really gorgeous. Some musical person will fall in love with it and make something fantastic.

Wishing everyone a safe and warm day.

YellowCockatiel
February 18th, 2015, 09:46 AM
It's another cold day here too. Don't plan to go out unless I really, really have to. Need to finish up on the housework and paid bills today. Then it's off to start cutting fabric! I bought several craft patterns over the weekend. Since I only have one table, today I will cut fabric and tomorrow I use the table for the sewing machine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, stay warm and healthy.

Amy R
February 18th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Morning ladies, it's a surprise snow this morning! Im not sure we knew about this one and hubby wasn't a happy camper.
Bubby, too bad you couldn't rig a rope so that the girls can be pulled out of snow if needed but you didn't have to get drug down.
Hope Jeff is progressing and the pain is dissipating.

No sign of a plow yet, maybe they were surprised too :P

Simply Quilting
February 18th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Good Morning! We are cold here with a wind chill advisory til 11AM. It figures the day that I have to get out to go to the tax man that it would be very cold. I'm just thankful that I don't have to get out in this every day. Nothing else big planned for the day except some laundry and organizing some fabric.

Barb, glad that you did not break anything when you fell.

Have a safe and warm day everyone :)

shermur
February 18th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I hope today is better than yesterday!

Constantly on the phone yesterday with duaghter's school, real estate agent stating we have to turn the gas back on the house for sale in Lee's Summit for inspection as we have a cash offer bid on the short sale (house AS IS)....
I called my gynecologist to get my medication refilled. I had one appointment with this new doctor in December 2014, I find out yesterday, she has moved her practice from Fort Smith, AR to Fayetteville, AR. Massively ticked off on this new information, now I have to find a new doctor, Yay for me?
School meeting today at daughter's school regarding her annual IEP, I have a feeling it may not go well, after speaking with one of the teachers yesterday.
Navy daughter's husband moved out of their condo in San Diego, as he is not ready to be a new Daddy. I think a marriage disolution is on the way in the Ashley's life...UGH!
Lately, I've been thinking to myself....how much life can I handle and why won't my family help out and support? Why does the Mother always have to take care of EVERYTHING? It is times like these, I want those who complicate my life to leave me alone....

Monique
February 18th, 2015, 10:11 AM

Constantly on the phone yesterday with duaghter's school, real estate agent stating we have to turn the gas back on the house for sale in Lee's Summit for inspection as we have a cash offer bid on the short sale (house AS IS)....
I called my gynecologist to get my medication refilled. I had one appointment with this new doctor in December 2014, I find out yesterday, she has moved her practice from Fort Smith, AR to Fayetteville, AR. Massively ticked off on this new information, now I have to find a new doctor, Yay for me?
School meeting today at daughter's school regarding her annual IEP, I have a feeling it may not go well, after speaking with one of the teachers yesterday.
Navy daughter's husband moved out of their condo in San Diego, as he is not ready to be a new Daddy. I think a marriage disolution is on the way in the Ashley's life...UGH!
Lately, I've been thinking to myself....how much life can I handle and why won't my family help out and support? Why does the Mother always have to take care of EVERYTHING? It is times like these, I want those who complicate my life to leave me alone....

Sherri, I am so sorry to hear about all this.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 18th, 2015, 10:13 AM

Sherri, your plate is overflowing with a smorgasbord of woes! I think of you so often and hope and pray for life to cut you a break. Sorry about the SIL, best the DD find out his true colors now. And is Halona still quilting? Prayers for you, my dear!

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 10:45 AM

(((HUGS))) So sorry all this is happening....hugs to your DD also. I am sad for her and hoping she is okay. xox

Grandma Nan
February 18th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone

Just sitting here drinking coffee watching the world evolve around me. DS, DIL and 3 GS's getting ready to head out to Legoland. I love having them here but very glad those days of organizing kids in the morning are over.

It is really cool today- I know that a silly thing for Canadian to say in February when it is 48* here but it is funny how your body acclimatizes to where you are.

The kids are out the door now so one more coffee and then I will sew. I haven't done any sewing since the weekend so feeling a bit deprived. I will get topped up today. Throwing a beautiful pork loin roast in the oven later and doing some baked potatoes for dinner so I will not need to do much dinner prep so more sewing time today. Still working on my Jacob's ladder and still loving it.

Not much else shakin' in this part of the world today. Hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Lots of cold, snow and woes (hugs to Sherri) for forum members today - pray all get a little bit better as the day progresses. I think we're in for some 'surprise' snow showers later today. I'll be quilting the 4 doll quilts I made, that is if I can get my fingers to work. Right hand fingers have been a little numb since this very cold weather began and last night it seemed to take forever just to put few straight pins into one of them. I'll ask DH to bring the spray basting can down for me from my sewing room, a couple of sprays should get the other 3 little quilts layered in a jiffy.

Dinner last night was a disaster as I tried a new chicken breast recipe. It seemed simple enough to mix Greek yogurt, Italian cheese and dashes of salt, pepper and garlic powder and spread on chicken and bake. All went wrong when I looked at it after it baked awhile, coating turned to liquid and began to burn. Realized it was my fault when I saw the yogurt container - it was regular yogurt not the thicker Greek! Made DH and I some eggs and toast. Was so annoyed that I left the chicken in the oven while we went to watched Jeopardy. Kept smelling the cheese but thought nothing of it until I went back into the kitchen, I had left the oven on and there were 2 black dried out chicken breasts ready for the garbage. Only good note was that I only made 2 servings instead of 4 the recipe called for.

Between the frustrating problem layering the little quilt and the burnt dinner I treated myself to a dish of black cherry and chocolate chunk ice cream! That put a positive spin on the rest of the night.

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Went to my group last night (just posted about it)...today I'm at work and wasting time...just don't feel like being here...almost called in sick as I have a pretty nasty headache...tea is helping though. Just wanted to wish everyone a great day and send lots of (((HUGS))) to those who need them. Hang in there wintery people...Rebecca says spring is on the way soon!! And it's already almost the end of February! Two more months and a bit and I will be in my new apartment and trying to forge ahead in my new life. There's finally a small part of me that is getting excited about it. I hope that feeling grows.

Midge
February 18th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Good morning all you quilty folk! It's another cold one today, but by the time I was up and out at 7:45AM the thermometer had cracked the double digit barrier! Yes! Today is our reprieve day and I need to get to the store and pick up the necessities of life, milk, bread, Milkbones and chocolate! Oh. And another bottle of wine, for sure. Halfway through the open one. After this it is back to the ultra deep cold tomorrow, the worst yet we've been told. We have already broken many low temp records for this time of year. And tomorrow I begin taking care of my girlfriend down the block's dogs. She's headed to Florida, and we take care of each other's pooches. Unfortunately, although her dogs are on the small side, I can't just bring them to my house. Her chihuahua is the meanest most traumatized little thing ever, and she goes after my dog. Her other dog, a Cavalier, is just typical of the breed, affectionate and friendly. My friend found Chi Chi wandering the street with a horrible tight collar embedded into the flesh of her neck! Took her in, and now she's too soft hearted turn her into the APL. Little Chi Chi's saving grace is that when she is alone with you she is the most affectionate and sweetest little girl ever. I wonder what horrors she has lived through. So the next ten days I will be busy with dogsitting. Guess that's not so bad since I had to order a new power cord for my sewing machine. On Sunday another neighborhood friend was over for dinner with her dog, and the little scamp chewed the cord. I found the evidence! Teeny tiny teeth marks on the cord. Dead machine for now. Oh well. Maybe I will get some housework done to fill the time and get back to some books I started.

fatquarters
February 18th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Brrrrr, -29 here when I came to work this morning. Glad I get to stay indoors. wish I were at home quilting though instead of working.

Sherri, I hope you get through all the troubles in your life lately

Wendy, I hope there will be better days ahead, and glad you joined a new group of people. Maybe you will have some new friends who understand what you are going through.

Bubby
February 18th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Sherri....I'm so sorry to hear all the trouble your going through. Hopefully you old house will sell and you can get that off your platter once and for all. It's sad about your DD and her Hubby. Maybe things can work out? Yes, as women we carry most of the burden with everything. My prayers are with you and here's a (((HUG))).

BobW
February 18th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Well it is colder than cold here. The wind is blowing. Well you get the picture. The temp is supposed to fall all day and the wind pick up even more.

I'm staying in unless I find out I won the lottery and I have to go and collect the prize today or lose it. LOL]

Angelia
February 18th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Snow day again here--I think I'll play with my Patches and Pinwheels--students think they enjoy snow days; little do they know that we teachers enjoy them more! :)

toggpine
February 18th, 2015, 01:20 PM
It's looking grey outside. Possible rain showers. I'll go get the farm set for the day and then run through the shower.

I have a day at the computer planned. I have to whip the power point presentation into shape from the outline I made earlier. Then I must figure out how to make it run, so I don't look like a complete ding bat. (One of the tech guys used to get it all set up when I gave the talks with WASART.) First will be a call to the school who is hosting the event to find out what kind of connection their projectors use so I bring the right cords. Sheesh. They should just be universal, like a phone jack.
Then again, I think rotary blades and bobbins should be universal too.

You all have a good day and I'll catch up with you later!

Iris Girl
February 18th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Cold here also. -7 when I got up at 4am . Its now 27. Had to make an early run to Stewarts for eggs and milk...glad they are only a mile away. Made an apple cake this morning. trying new recipe for Chicken Divan tonight. Hope the family likes it they are so picky.
Got tax papers back from account ready to sign and I see he has our old bank account on them...won't get the refund that way as that is a closed account.
Sherri hope things work out for you soon. Hugs to all that need them.

quiltingtrish
February 18th, 2015, 08:36 PM
More snow squalls tonight - thankful that DS1 is where he is supposed to be and hope he waits until it's all over to get home. Have to cancel a doctors appointment for me tomorrow - again - I'm not traveling on a slippery 2-lane road up over a mountain to get there and back. I have 2 more weeks to get there before my medicine runs out. 15-25 below 0 - another reason I won't be out in it. If they don't call off school, I'll head to that but they are crazy if they don't have at least a delay or something cause the knucklehead kids around here show up without hats and sometimes coats thinking 'they are so cool'.

I've been working on some hand quilting projects in the evenings. Right now it is the 3 Christmas stockings I've been wanting to make the kids for the past 10-15 years or so. Now, isn't that ridiculous? Well, this Christmas there will be 3 new stockings hanging up - not the dollar store variety ones. DH has been pulling up some movies on Netflix that are pretty good. He's sitting there sneezing - really do feel bad for him - but I better not get it. A lot of our faculty is out with the stomach virus so we are doubling up kids and they have us Aides filling in where needed. We are not allowed to actually teach something new so they have been getting extra study halls which helps in getting some work caught up. There have been some very busy days.

Stay warm everyone - stay safe and watch that ice under the snow. DD Katie out in San Diego lets me know how nice it is out there everyday when I send her our latest weather reports.

Hugs,

shermur
February 18th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement....I just want all my family and friends to know the happiness they deserve!

maxwellthecat
February 19th, 2015, 02:48 AM
OMG, I am so sorry for such a crazy day and I hope your DD will be alright