PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of snow

maxwellthecat
February 18th, 2015, 04:41 AM
This is our first winter that all we are getting is snow. We are having Arctic freeze weather, Friday is going to be -1. I can't take it anymore, I have to get out of here before I end up losing it. I haven't been out since before Thanksgiving. All I do is stay in this house and cry. I can only go out when the temperature is high 30's or 40's otherwise, when I come home I'm in agony. I'm sorry for complaining. Sometimes, I leave my vertical blinds closed so I don't have to see the snow. Have a nice day

Renate
February 18th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Hi dear,
what can I write that lifts you up? I think the White and White gives you a Feeling like beeing blinde. Why not coloring the snow? Do you have watercolors at home? Go out and paint flowers into the snow or quilt Patterns, anything that makes your surounding colorful. Sorry, if I could I would send you sun sun sun, but the only I can send you is my understanding and my compassion. Do not give up it is already mid of February.

Sheena
February 18th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Oh no that's terrible. I was about to email you but I thought I'd just have a peek at M* first. I'd just love some of your snow we've had only one day of it. I can hardly believe how mild it is here compared to where you are, but we are further north by about 10 degrees latitude, I think. We need to swap houses for a month and I'll enjoy your snow and you can enjoy playing with my hens in the garden.

I've been looking at the pictures of the bad snow you've been having over there and it's unbelievable!

If I was fed up with the snow I'd close the blinds too. When I feel down I light coloured fairy lights in my dining room and do some quilting, or get my jelly rolls out and play with them - that's what they're for isn't it!

bubba
February 18th, 2015, 05:40 AM
A few years back, some people who live nears us took spray bottles w/colored water in them and sprayed all over the snow. They had snowmen and forts they built and sprayed them too! So happy looking in all that white!!

rebeccas-sewing
February 18th, 2015, 05:52 AM
You poor dear! I can totally understand why you are going stir crazy at this point. That's a long time to be cooped up inside. Is there any way you can bundle up super warm and have someone take you out for a bit? I'm assuming you have health issues that the cold makes worse (from what you said). Maybe if you could bundle up really well and step into a car that is warm, that would work for you. Just going out to a warm restaurant for a bite to eat and a bit of a visit with a friend might help. Is anyone able to actually get to you at this point? From what I understand from the amount of snow New England is experiencing you might not even be able to get out. Are your roads able to be driven on at this point?

WendyI
February 18th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Sounds like you definitely have cabin fever. Time to bite the bullet and get out of the house...easier said than done I know. Hang in there...springs gonna come..it always does!

I have to say I do wish we had only minus one though...that's shorts and tshirt weather for us! ;-)

evy
February 18th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I feel for you. We have 16 inches of snow on the ground and it's snowing now. The dogs are like "when will it end?" Hubby is out of town working, our home is in a very rural area and on a very high hill with a steep curving driveway. The only way in or out is on foot. Thank goodness for good neighbors who help out little old ladies who are literally snowed in. I just keep praying that the power stays on and the pipes don't freeze. Hard to believe just last March we sold our place in Florida and moved here permanently. No regrets though. Seeing animals in the yard and knowing I have neighbors who actually care about me makes me realize it could be worse.101462

Midge
February 18th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Lori, I'm so sorry you are feeling this low. I'm guessing you have a health problem that is worsened by exposure to cold? I agree with Rebecca. Would it be possible to dress in multiple layers, put a scarf around your face and move from the house to a warmed up car? Maybe if you went out, even if just to an inexpensive restaurant for a lunch out, it would give you a boost. Yes this is a horrible winter and it isn't over yet. Although statistically, "the dead of winter" is Jan10 - Feb 10, so we are past that...The cold isn't leaving for a while yet. There is a new cold front moving in Ohio tomorrow until the weekend - this will be the coldest yet. So you should get it by Friday and be warming up by Monday. After that I'm hoping the weather will be more typical for all of us. Hang in there, you've almost got it nailed! Come by and complain any old time. We get you.

YellowCockatiel
February 18th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I know we complain about how bad the weather is or how we can't get outside but, Spring is on the way. You have many friends here on the forum who will help you get rid of the cabin fever feeling. Sometimes for fun I put on the fake fireplace (YouTube) and enjoy a good book and hot tea.

Hang in there.

Quiltlover
February 18th, 2015, 12:09 PM
So sorry you are snowed in. I cannot begin to imagine that. I grew up in Florida and now live in southern Alabama. We rarely get snow here , so, it is a treat for the kids when it happens and a temporary problem for the roads and travelers. I wondered if there isn't a friend or relative who could come over and you two could watch a movie or have a long buddy chat. Do you have any friends or relatives who live in a warmer spot and could go visit them for a while? Sending you a hug. The painted snow pictures sound cute. Another idea might be to get some paper and paint beach scenes or summer scenes and put them up in windows. Pretend you are in the tropics. Bake something yummy and put on some good music and pretend you are somewhere else. Sending you a long distance hug...hope things get better for you soon. Brenda

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2015, 02:38 PM
A few years back, some people who live nears us took spray bottles w/colored water in them and sprayed all over the snow. They had snowmen and forts they built and sprayed them too! So happy looking in all that white!!

You could do this without going outside - open a window for a few minutes and spray away. Sounds like fun so I'll look for my spray bottle and watercolors.

maxwellthecat
February 19th, 2015, 01:50 AM
I want to thank all of you for all your suggestions, you guys are so wonderful. My hubby came over to me and said guess what and I said what, he said Monday is going to be 37 degrees and we are going to paint the town red. We are going to The Outback Restaurant for dinner and go shopping. He said he is going to start the car and get it nice and warm, plus he has to put my wheel chair in the car and off we go. I am so excited that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks everyone, :icon_hug::icon_woohoo:

Bjvarizona
February 19th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Boy, that weather better cooperate! I love the Outback, great food, have a coconut shrimp for me if they still have them. Let us know how the outing goes and what you ate and where you went shopping and, and, EVERYTHING!