PDA

View Full Version : This is his first real snow as a big doggie

Pandabear
February 17th, 2015, 10:26 PM
So he decided to try and be a ninja and blend.

I tried to get a pic of my chocolate lab but he was hiding in the trees. He's better at ninja-ing.

K. McEuen
February 17th, 2015, 10:29 PM
My black lab loved snow. Her favorite game was trying to bite snowballs off the house after we would throw them about 5 feet high and they would stick to the wall.

bubba
February 17th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Our cairn, Cooper, loved the snow too! He would stay out there for hours trying to catch snowflakes in his mouth and expecting you to stand there freezing to throw snowballs for him to chase.

Doloris
February 17th, 2015, 10:40 PM
ninja dogs. there are 2 dogs in this picture

Sandy Navas
February 17th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Aren't they just wonderful? DeeOGee is out back trying to decide if he smells a raccoon or if he's treed a coyote.

Dolores - looks as if you have a set area for your friends to irrigate.

We've never tried throwing snowballs - that may become a new pastime. Al throws sticks and DeeOGee goes nuts.

Doloris
February 17th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Aren't they just wonderful? DeeOGee is out back trying to decide if he smells a raccoon or if he's treed a coyote.

We've never tried throwing snowballs - that may become a new pastime. Al throws sticks and DeeOGee goes nuts.
the snow gets deeper than they are tall, so we have to make space or they use the sidewalk. There was a third dog in the house when this was taken

Pandabear
February 17th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I love labs... Seriously, when you guys talk about your labs and all I can think is 'yes! That's exaxclty at least one of my three!'

This morning when my DS was shoveling we let Tiberius out with him. My boy said all Ty did was run around in circles like a nut trying to eat all the snow.

Doloris I love how your pair are staying on the mostly green spots.

tamsterg7
February 18th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Sandy, that is so funny that your dogs name is DeeOGee - I thought my witty sister was the only person with a dog with that name!

maxwellthecat
February 18th, 2015, 04:14 AM
My Golden Retriever loved the snow, he used to go crazy around the whole back yard. Your dog is so cute.

irishrn
February 18th, 2015, 08:38 AM
It is too cold for man or beast and I'm in NC!! Today's high is to be 40 and tomorrow's high is to be 18!! Seriously!!!
Our new rescue Casey went out in what looked like snow yesterday morning but it was actually all ice. He looked like Bambi on a frozen lake for a few seconds before he got his footing and just glided over the ice! It was comical! He spotted a squirrel and took off after him but the squirrel had far better footing and made the tree just fine!
My eyeballs are so dry, my face hurts, my skin is cracking at the fingertips and those suckers hurt! When I went out for the mail I thought my glasses froze to my face. This isn't good weather for dry eyes, fibromyalgia or arthritis! I am really aching!!

DH's DGD flew down Monday and is expected to return to NY today! She has classes tonight for her Masters program and doesn't want to miss it, but the traveling is quite suspect!!!we decided to get her an airport taxi rather than braving the hour ride to the airport with her. DH just isn't up to that as he is just getting over another GI bleed. He's really tired out! And falling on the ice is not an option!!! So hoping the flights are on time as all were cancelled yesterday!

I need spring! So Hope all are staying warm and dry, but this season is just a killer for everyone. DS in MA is so sick of snow, now piling on top of the first 100 inches. And DDIL is house bound with the 3 grands! Yup! We all need a Spring NOW!!!

Tina W
February 18th, 2015, 09:01 AM
My 4 pound pomeranian King loves the snow the deeper the better, but my 2 little girls go do there thing and come right back. My oldest one is 15 yrs and she hates the cold. We shovel the deck for them if they do something on the deck they look at us through the window like they are doing something wrong because they know they are not suppose to do there thing on the deck, but during snowstorms and ice storms we don't yell at them. I feel so bad for them in all this bad weather we are having in CT. SPRING please hurry!!!!

Bubby
February 18th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Dottie & Olive sink up to their chest. Olive looks like she's swimming in slow motion and Dottie tries to jump out but keeps falling back in. When they come back into the house they always have ice balls in their feet and skirts so I fill a tub with warm water and stand them in it to melt the snow. It just takes a few minutes to melt the snow and blow them dry. Dottie is good about this, Olive no so much at all.

YellowCockatiel
February 18th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I don't have a dog, but reading your stories make me laugh.

Sandy..... you are very creative with your dog's name. Thought I was good when I named my cockatiel: Phlyppdebird.

Pandabear
February 18th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Dog names... ours are all named after Cartoon or TV characters.

Hogan (deceased) was from Hogan's Heroes
Maximilian - villain from Yu Gi Oh cartoon
Phineas - main character on Phineas and Ferb cartoon
Tiberius - (almost Ferb but I was vetoed) - Star Trek - James Tiberius Kirk