PDA

View Full Version : Er visit this am

Amy R
February 17th, 2015, 04:15 PM
For me this time, ugh. My heart kept skipping and I was getting some chest pains.
All the tests and monitors said all is well, just have to get a stress test to rule out cardiac disease.

No fun! Just hoping it doesn't decide to come back.

bubba
February 17th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Good to hear all is well. I had the same thing several years ago. Turns out I have a spasming esophagus and the pain it causes mimics a heart attack.

Bubby
February 17th, 2015, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Amy. This happens to me if I consume caffeine. I hope your stress test comes back fine.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
February 17th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Oh no! And you're supposed to be having an easy week with lots of sewing!

Sonic
February 17th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Ack! Not fun, especially after the recent visit with kiddo.
Sorry...[[[hug]]]

Here's hoping the tests come back as just excitement for upcoming spring!

Simply Quilting
February 17th, 2015, 05:32 PM
I'm glad to hear that all the tests came back fine.

Eriepatch
February 17th, 2015, 05:34 PM
So sorry Amy and hopefully the stress test with turn out okay and you can stop worrying and start sewing!

Midge
February 17th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Amy I'm sure you feel your family has had enough of hospitals for a while, and now it's your turn. Sure hope your stress test is negative and this will turn out to be an easy issue to treat. Let us know how you are doing.

Sandy Navas
February 17th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Sending calming thoughts and a prescription for more quilting time. Dr. Sandy orders!!

Granny Fran
February 17th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Oh, Amy, so sorry this happened to you. It is really scary. Don't let the stress test worry you. It's kinda interesting in a way. Bubba, (Pat) I have the same thing. Heart is okay, but those spasms....nitro really helps, but it is still a worry sometimes.
Amy, let me know if I can help.

Doloris
February 17th, 2015, 06:30 PM
I went to Dr once for another problem and came out wearing a Holter Monitor.
The nurse took my pulse and went and got Dr right away. Heart was skipping. Had an EKG and some other tests. . Had an Echo cardiogram, can't remember all they did. I felt nothing.

I was put on a beta blocker (blood pressure meds) and all is well now. Beta blockers will smooth out the heart rate.
Hope you end up with similar results.

Snip Snip
February 17th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Just suspecting there is something going wrong with your heart is so scary. Glad you are ok and will find out what the issue is.

Snip Snip
February 17th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Oh, Amy, so sorry this happened to you. It is really scary. Don't let the stress test worry you. It's kinda interesting in a way. Bubba, (Pat) I have the same thing. Heart is okay, but those spasms....nitro really helps, but it is still a worry sometimes.

Granny Fran, you take nitroglycerin for esophageal spasms? Just curious...?

Marebear
February 17th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Oh Amy! I hope all will be well for you. Prayers and good thoughts sent your way!

WendyI
February 17th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Wow Amy....you guys have ben through the wringer lately. Hoping all comes back fine! (((HUGS)))

Amy R
February 17th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm sure it's from stress + caffeine. Plus I've been tested every year for thyroid issue so it might be partly that too. Maybe this is the year it'll be low enough for treatment? I was pretty scared this morning not knowing what it was, now that I know it's not a heart attack (at 36!) I'm just trying to relax.

Carrie J
February 17th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Amy, glad all the tests came out good, and am sure the stress test will as well. Same thing happened to me about 5 years ago, same routine, only to find major GERD (issues, had NO clue til that major attack), meds prescribed, and limited just ONE cup of java per day now (not that was hard to get used to as I guzzled coffee ALL the time) Also, an extra heartbeat and uneven rhythm, hence beta blockers. Since then no issues. I'm just glad you're okay, and hopefully NO more ER visits!! Big Hugs coming your way!

ravelim
February 17th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Oh, how frightening. Hang in there. ER's are kind of scary. Try to relax. Maybe sit back, close your eyes and think about being on a lovely beach with the waves rhyming coming in. Now, don't you feel better? Prayers and hugs for you

alliek
February 17th, 2015, 09:12 PM
My DD has the same thing, Omeprazole helped some, but certain things still spasm her esophagus. She says she feels as if she can't breathe. The doc said it will relax, and to try not to get anxious, however, easier said than done. She gets up and walks around when this happens, says it helps. Amy I'm glad you will follow up with a cardiologist. Prayers for your wellness and health. God Bless

Kgrammiecaz
February 17th, 2015, 10:12 PM
It seems you are not spending enough time relaxing in your sewing room. Hope all goes well with the test and there is an easy solution.

pcbatiks
February 18th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Amy.......hope you don't have any more problems like that.....glad you are having it checked out.

Granny Fran
February 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Alliek and SnipSnip: Yes, I take nitro for the spasms....it cuts them out fast. Had first episode 8 years ago, went to ER in snowstorm in ambulance, had all sorts of tests (found out heart good), then diagnosed with base of tongue cancer 4 months later. If the tests (MRI, CT) had gone up a little further may have found it sooner..

After cancer treatments (surgery, chemo) developed GERD....ugh. I complained to my family dr and he said, take some of your husbands nitro (he had heart attack) and see if it helps. Heart and esophagus are both smooth muscle so that is why it works.

Now I have my own Rx and it wipes out the amount of time it takes to resolve. This spasms are no fun and I still do not know what sets them off, but the nitro makes it tolerable when it does happen.