PDA

View Full Version : Update - A special dog and puppies!

dwil23
February 17th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Post from yesterday:

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/49680-special-dog-puppies.html

Thanks to all for the kind comments. Rescue work can be hard - but oh so rewarding! Many think, as I used to, that it is too hard to let them go, but trust me, when you see how happy new owners are with their new babies and you know that if someone such as you did not foster them, they would have been euthanized, it is worth it all. You do get used to saying so long and wishing them a happy life.

Now, an update on the puppies! First, I had a bad case of brain drain yesterday. Too many hours at work, not enough sleep, not enough quilting, etc.:icon_razz: The puppies are Working Bearded Collies, not Old English Sheepdogs as I stated. They look much like OES, but smaller. There were eight of them (only expecting six or seven) and one is a Red Tricolor Female like DD wants. The breeder will decide who gets what dog, based on personality traits and what characteristics the owner is looking for. They will be ready on April 13th.

Have a great day, everyone - and if you have room in your heart, please consider Fostering a dog or cat or two;)

Marta
February 17th, 2015, 12:25 PM
If I lived on a farm in a cool climate I would have a Bearded Collie. I fell in love with them watching a dog show. They seem like such happy animals; they don't walk , they skip and hop. Any way I live in Rio in an apartment so we have a low energy rescue mutt.

Wwena
February 17th, 2015, 12:43 PM
What a wonderful article to read! :) Kudos to you for doing such spectacular work!!

dlsnaples
February 18th, 2015, 03:34 AM
How do the other pets react to the fosters?

dwil23
February 18th, 2015, 02:10 PM
How do the other pets react to the fosters?
We've never had a problem - they are just one big happy family! We try not to take any dogs that chase cats, but most of them don't. We do usually crate them, especially at first, until they get used to their surroundings.