• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwil23
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

A special dog - and puppies!

This is an article about Zen, one of our former favorite Foster dogs. DD recognized right away what a special dog he was and made arrangements to get him to Animal Farm Foundation in NY for specialized training. He has now been placed with a soldier suffering from PTSD.

Rescued pit bulls fight stigma by guiding people in need - The Commercial Appeal

And DD called to inform me that my "next grandchild" is being born today. He/she is a purebred Old English Sheepdog that she will train for agility trials. This is a first for us, since we have rescued all of our dogs. I figure that she deserves to get the puppy that she wants and knows the history of the parents. Over the past 6 years we have fostered between 400 and 500 dogs/ puppies and even some kittens that were pulled from euth lists. DD has volunteered many hours at local shelters and with rescue groups.
    Donna
  • YellowCockatiel
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: A special dog - and puppies!

You have an awesome DD! This is an amazing story. Congrats on your new 'grandchild'.

I volunteered at a local cat shelter for a year. It was a lot of work, but rewarded with love.
    sigpic
    Keep Calm and Quilt On!
    Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
    Paula

Comment

• Suzette
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2012

How awesome! Good for you guys and all your efforts on behalf of dogs in need!!

I have a purebred dog from known parentage (my sweet pembroke corgi), but I too have done lots of rescuing and saving of strays and abandoned dogs and cats over the years. There is a place in this world for both in our lives and I wish your DD lots of happiness with her new furbaby!!!
      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• Simply Quilting
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2013

Awesome article. Thank you for fostering animals.

Comment

• shermur
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

Thank you, Donna for fostering and sharing the story! I have been a volunteer for dog rescue and adoption myself....if you save a life, that life will save yours. I am truely grateful for adopting my pittie-mix, Dottie. She has been a god-send for me since I started menopause and anxiety attacks a couple of years ago.
          Bless those who give their time for the love and support of rescue and fostering animals!

Dottie asleep.jpg
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Quiltfreestyle
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2014

The best dog ever born was our Pit Bull/Lab rescue dog, Cisco. My DS#1found him on a deserted stretch of road in the desert. He was the most loving, obedient dog ever, took about a week to house train & he never had an accident after that. He used to go out each morning & get the newspaper for us.
            He lived to be 15 years old, and passed away about 4 years ago. We still miss him.
            Thanks for your work with these dogs
            May the road rise up to meet you...
            May the wind be always at your back...
            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

• Divine Daisy
              Missouri Star
              • May 2011

That's great to hear. Lou, our rescue Collie is divine!
              Blog
              http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• tamsterg7
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2011

Womderful article, and good for youall to take in rescues! The furry love of my life was my OES, and she was by far the smartest dog we have ever had, Your dd will be in love with her new baby too!

Comment

Working...
                X