PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer's Smash Cake

HandsomeRyan
February 16th, 2015, 09:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccwEIVIEUSo

Here is the birthday boy doing his ceremonial "smash cake".**

**A smash cake (http://www.babble.com/toddler/smash-cake-101/) is a small cake given to a child on their first birthday which they are allowed to smash/eat/play with for the amusement of party guests. This was the first time Sawyer got to taste cake and I think he is a fan. We also had a half sheet cake from Costco which remained un-smashed and was served to our party guests.

I knew Wiggles would be into the cake smash. This is how he eats all his food. :) The actual smashing lasted about 3 minutes followed by three people spending 5 minutes cleaning up and a wardrobe change for the guest of honor. We had about 35 attendee's from 2 months old to 86 years old and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. The weather was cold but the snow and ice held off until well after the party was over.

I can't believe my son is a one year old now.

Swedish leo
February 16th, 2015, 09:17 AM
He hehe It looks like he is having a great time!

Before you know it he will be asking you for the car keys!

Have a great day/Evening

Jean Sewing Machine
February 16th, 2015, 09:29 AM
That is just priceless! He has a Mark Twain style handlebar mustache out of white icing! Great photo! Happy Birthday, Wiggles!

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Ah, So cute celebrating his 1st Bday with family, friends and Smash Cake.

Monique
February 16th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I love this.

YellowCockatiel
February 16th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Oh so cute!

WendyI
February 16th, 2015, 10:40 AM
So awesome! Liam had the same for his first bday but he was such a clean freak I had to put his hands in it myself at first. Now at 12 I have to fight with him to take showers! What is it with boys and not wanting to shower?!

Thanks for sharing the video! What great memories!! And what an adorable wee man!!! Xox

Simply Quilting
February 16th, 2015, 10:46 AM
He is so sweet!!!! I'm glad he like smashing the cake.

ravelim
February 16th, 2015, 10:47 AM
How adorable. Thank you for sharing your son with us. We love it! Oh, happy birthday wiggles

LynneLeavell
February 16th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I can't believe Wiggles is already 1. Like Swedish Leo said, before you know it he will be asking for the car keys. Glad the weather held off. To me the first birthday is the fun one. Costco is my favorite for cakes.

Eriepatch
February 16th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Great video thanks for sharing!

SallyO'Sews
February 16th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks for sharing, Ryan! Please give Mr. Wiggles a big birthday hug from all his "quilty grammies."

GuitarGramma
February 16th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Wiggles is one?!?! How can time have flown by so fast? Well, he's just as cute as the day he was born. You and Tabitha are to be congratulated for raising such a cutie!

bubba
February 16th, 2015, 08:04 PM
So cute!! The stores here give you the one year cake for free, believe it or not!! There used to be one store, that is now a Hobby Lobby, that would make a matching smash cake to the bigger one you ordered. When Tyler turned a year old, he would have nothing to do with it.....that boy did not like getting his hands dirty at all! Wouldn't walk barefoot either!

Annette Ackley
February 16th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Awesome!!! He is good at cake smashing!!!! Happy Birthday to Sawyer!!! Where is the time going!!!

K. McEuen
February 16th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Ha! We had to stick my daughter's hands in her cake and even then it was only her fingertips. She wasn't having any of it. Looks like Sawyer had a blast.

AuntieVic
February 16th, 2015, 11:36 PM
This is so cute, thank you for sharing.

inspired
February 16th, 2015, 11:59 PM
That is so adorable...Happy Birthday!

stationarymom
February 17th, 2015, 02:03 AM
So cute,I kept waiting for him to throw a handful.

Terry L
February 17th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Happy Happy Birthday to the little one !!! Great video :)

Kgrammiecaz
February 17th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Happy First Birthday. What fun. We do that with all of our kids too. And not just the first bday lol. He looks like he is totally enjoying it, he is a natural. I too cannot believe a year has gone by. I loved your open letter as well. Thank you for continuing to share your wonderful little one wih all of us.

Bjvarizona
February 17th, 2015, 02:40 AM
So for a second bday may I suggest spaghetti? Very cute is your Wiggles! Thanks for the update, my goodness, a year old! My youngest turned 40 recently and her first bday seems like yesterday. But it is all good stuff, this life we have. You have so much to look forward to, enjoy every day.

rebeccas-sewing
February 17th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Hahahaha! I would definitely say Sawyer enjoyed his birthday! I also can't believe he's one year old already. Seems like just yesterday you were sharing his newborn photos. Has he started walking yet? My first walked at 10 months and my second took her first step on her first birthday!