PDA

View Full Version : How does life go so askew?

kensington
February 15th, 2015, 11:02 PM
You all know my sister passed away recently, and it's been so very hard for our family, and my little sister especially. They spent the most time together.

Well, yesterday... my little sister's fiancÚ was killed in a car accident. She is a mess. When I talk to her, she just can't even hold a clear thought for a minute or two. I feel so sorry for her. There is nothing to say... just to wait it out with her. She has no idea what she is going to do or when.

It's really sad, they weren't married yet, so his family is taking care of everything, and she is just kinda walking through the motions. They are being kind to her. But, she is just a bit out of place. I was uncomfortable being at his house yesterday with my sister, his dil kept looking at us like we might steal something from the house or something.

Good grief, they didn't even know where his papers were, my sister had to show them. I think if she was going to steal something, she would have by now. But, I am worried about her for sure.

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2015, 11:08 PM
That's so sad. I have tears. :( It's good she has you.

inspired
February 15th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Kensington; That is so tragic and I feel for the burden you and your lil sis have...Sincere hugs from me..Val

JCY
February 15th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Oh, how sad! My heart breaks for her. Rather an uncomfortable situation with the relatives. She really should have some say in things, even though they weren't married yet. I hope she can stick up for herself. A similar situation happened to my cousin & his live-in gal. They were widower & widow. The reason they didn't marry was financial. They lived together as husb. & wife for many years. Fortunately, their mobile home was in her name, so she got that. However, after his death, his kids took over & she had no say in his service other than to pick out 1 song! They basically shut her out of the family. This is tragic.

I feel bad for you, too, on top of all the other grief you've had lately. Thoughts & prayers for all of you. God bless.

Annette Ackley
February 15th, 2015, 11:17 PM
So sad!!!! My heart goes out to you and your Sister. Glad you are there for your Sister!!!

Amy R
February 15th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Oh my this is unthinkable. I'm so sorry please send our comfort and prayers

kensington
February 15th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Oh, how sad! My heart breaks for her. Rather an uncomfortable situation with the relatives. She really should have some say in things, even though they weren't married yet. I hope she can stick up for herself. A similar situation happened to my cousin & his live-in gal. They were widower & widow. The reason they didn't marry was financial. They lived together as husb. & wife for many years. Fortunately, their mobile home was in her name, so she got that. However, after his death, his kids took over & she had no say in his service other than to pick out 1 song! They basically shut her out of the family. This is tragic.

I feel bad for you, too, on top of all the other grief you've had lately. Thoughts & prayers for all of you. God bless.

They didn't live together. He just bought her the ring for Christmas. She may have stayed at his house a bit... but she didn't live there. His boys like her as do his sisters. But, the truth is, it is up to them to do what has to be done, and to deal with his will, papers, belongings, etc. We understand that. They have already asked her if she wanted anything out of the house, and told her there were some things they know their dad wanted her to have. She just can't deal with any of that quite yet.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 15th, 2015, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy! Your family has gone through so much in the past two months.

Simply Quilting
February 15th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Praying for your sister.

ozziepuppy
February 16th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Thinking of you and your family. So sorry you are all having to go through this. Life can be so hard sometimes. I know you will be there for your sister. Will include her in my prayers tonight.

snippet
February 16th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Oh gosh Gloria, your family is really going through a lot of rough times. I wish there was something I could offer but in times like this, nothing helps I think. Just know we are here for you. (((( HUGS ))))

Kgrammiecaz
February 16th, 2015, 12:31 AM
There are no answers to our every ending question of why things happen. That is so hard to accept. You all have been through so much already, only time can bring any healing. I hope they continue to keep her involved. And it is really good you are there. Hugs to you all and of course you are in my prayers.

YellowCockatiel
February 16th, 2015, 12:32 AM
This is so sad, but there is a lesson in all of this. Never wait until tomorrow to tell someone how much you care for them.

Will keep you and your sister in my prayers.

pcbatiks
February 16th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Our thoughts are with your sister and your family.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
February 16th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Oh how awful. Feeling for you all.

mommamarsh
February 16th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Sending thoughts of peace and comfort for you all .

Iris Girl
February 16th, 2015, 02:09 AM
my thoughts are with you and your sister.

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2015, 03:11 AM
What a tragedy right after losing your sister. Hugs and Prayers are being sent to you and your ''lil sister.

rebeccas-sewing
February 16th, 2015, 05:24 AM
This is so so sad. I can't believe this is happening right after your sister's death. This is just too too much. Kensington, I really am grieving for you and your family. I hope your sister can stay strong through all of this.

dlsnaples
February 16th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Prayers and hugs for you and your family. So much to endure in such a short time. I am so sorry you all have to deal with this.

irishrn
February 16th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I am so sorry for your family's loss. What a difficult time for all of you. Hugs to you and yours.

Suzette
February 16th, 2015, 08:10 AM
So heartbreaking! I will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers.

dwil23
February 16th, 2015, 08:21 AM
(((HUGS)))) and prayers. So tragic. Life can change forever in the blink of an eye and for your sister, it has changed twice in just days.

Monique
February 16th, 2015, 08:49 AM
That is just so terrible and very sad. Sincere sympathies to you all.

Vonnie
February 16th, 2015, 10:11 AM
My deepest sympathies.

She's fortunate to have you to look out for her.

Bubby
February 16th, 2015, 10:13 AM
This is such a tragic situation. Thank goodness you are with her. My prayers are with everyone connected to this situation.

Midge
February 16th, 2015, 10:17 AM
So terribly sad for your sister and all of you. I'm glad you have each other for support.

Grandma Nan
February 16th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Cannot even imagine how difficult this is for your sister and the rest of the family. How our lives can change in a matter of minutes. Just know that there is a whole supportive team behind you all who are praying and waiting to support you should there be anything we could do.

WendyI
February 16th, 2015, 10:35 AM
This is so incredibly sad for your sister. My heart is breaking for her. ((((HUGS)))) She is so very lucky to have you.

Eriepatch
February 16th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry your family is dealing with another death and one so tragic.
I'm so glad you are there for your sister.

Granny Fran
February 16th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Sending prayers for all of you for the strength and comfort you so sorely need at this time.

Gina
February 16th, 2015, 11:42 AM
My heart goes out to you and your sister! The loss of two loved ones in such a short time is so heartbreaking... Sending you both hugs and prayers!

Grandma G
February 16th, 2015, 12:55 PM
This is so very sad. I'm sure your sister is in shock. Back to back tragedies, what a terrible thing. Prayers and positive thoughts for your sister and all of you.

SuzyQue
February 16th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Prayers sent from here, too. What a double whammy has hit your family. I know in my life, when it rains it pours, but that really doesn't help when you are the one standing in the storms of life. Keep breathing. Know that God is with you all through these rough times.

alliek
February 16th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Unbelievably SAD! I am praying for strength for you and your sister. I am sending (((()))) to you.

kensington
February 16th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Thank you all so much.

SallyO'Sews
February 16th, 2015, 05:19 PM
So sorry to hear this; praying for your sister & her fiance's family. Hugs to you!

FabStripper
February 16th, 2015, 06:38 PM
You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad you are the bouy that your sister will need and hope that her dark times ahead will very soon be replaced by her loving memories of her fiance. I'm sending you an extra hug for her too.

GuitarGramma
February 16th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Oh, Gloria, I am so sorry to hear this! My heart is breaking just thinking what your poor, poor younger sister must be going through. I'll be praying that God grants her some comfort.

Peggy Anne
February 16th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Praying for you and wish I could be there to give you a big "hug". I'll save it for you for when the snow isn't on the ground. Love you!

kensington
February 16th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Thanks Peggy. I'll take that hug as soon as I see you!

You just can't make this stuff up. I just found out moments ago, my husband's cousin passed away today. They were football buddies, he lived 5 minutes from us when we were stationed in Pensacola, Fla. Just 58 years old. HUGE smile and laugh. So sad.

jjkaiser
February 16th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I can't even imagine going through two deaths so close together like you and your sister have. You must be completely shell shocked. Lucky you have each other. Take it one hour at a time
But oh, how I feel for you!

AuntieVic
February 16th, 2015, 11:30 PM
So sorry to hear this. I am thinking and praying for your sister. I totally understand the difficulties she is having keeping her mind focused. Glad that she has you by her side.

Bjvarizona
February 17th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Well, if tragedies come in threes, you are done! Hold onto that thought. And look out for youself, too. Let folks who offer, help you all through this ordeal. There are people all over the world wishing they could give you a physical hug. Take strength from all of the cyber hugs reaching out for you. Everyone of us cares about you!

goofyizzy
February 17th, 2015, 06:47 AM
So sorry to read about all of the difficulties you and you family have been dealing with lately.

Wwena
February 17th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oh my, that is just too much. It's a good thing she has you. Maybe she needs someone to talk to too? Professionally I mean. You all do what you feel is best!

Don't mind his family, people who are griefstricken are hard to read and might give wrong signals at any turn.

Big hugs!

songbird857
February 18th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Don't even know what to say....praying here ♥

kensington
February 18th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Don't even know what to say....praying here ♥

Thank you very much. I appreciate all prayers!