PDA

View Full Version : MM likes me....he really does!!

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Years ago, we bought some little electric scooters you can sit on and ride around. Well, once the novelty wore off, we never used them anymore. He has decided he is tired of me not being able to walk long distances because of my disability, so he has been working on mine, new batteries, etc. He's got it going like it was brand new and I just took it for a spin up and down our alley, which is paved.

Checking to see if I can take it to Sew Expo.........

Doloris
February 15th, 2015, 04:34 PM
OMG!! I have heard stories on facebook . This kinda scares me!!

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Those people on facebook can't be trusted!!!

Pandabear
February 15th, 2015, 04:47 PM
You need a new tote bag to go with your scooter. Matching colors.

YellowCockatiel
February 15th, 2015, 04:48 PM
OOooooooo..... paint racing stripes on it.

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2015, 04:54 PM
After falling off a curb, I wouldn't dare get on a scooter!

Have fun though!

Granny Fran
February 15th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Did you get a little flag on a pole for it so people can see you coming and get out of the way?

MM sounds like a real keeper.

Iris Girl
February 15th, 2015, 06:10 PM
When I was younger a man that worked with me and his wife on retirement bought a couple of scooters. they would ride up and down the road, they lived one way and their son lived another way and her sister lived in between . They were always riding up and down the road, looked like fun.
We have a Harley and I doubt my hubby would ever get on a scooter...

RhondaRae
February 15th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Good for your hubby! My DH had a scooter for awhile. He liked using it and used to take the kids on rides around town. But he is better now and doesn't need a wheelchair much. so we gave it to a lady who needed one. It gave her access to going to the grocery store by herself instead of having to wait for someone to take her.

Terry L
February 15th, 2015, 06:40 PM
What a sweet husband :)

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2015, 07:22 PM
A couple of people on my street use golf carts. In would chance going to the dog park in one of those!

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I think you are picturing a different kind of scooter than what I have. Top speed might be ten or fifteen miles an hour. It's a sit down scooter, kind of like an amped up kids scooter, but it has a nice big padded leather seat. No flag, but it has lights, blinkers and a horn!!

MRoy
February 15th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Your scooter sounds like it's similar to the one below. Have fun driving it. I would think the Sew Expo would be handicap accessible if it's open to the public.
http://www.progressmobility.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/100x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/x/exec4a_1.jpg

K. McEuen
February 15th, 2015, 07:39 PM

Seen on the streets of Washington?

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Your scooter sounds like it's similar to the one below. Have fun driving it. I would think the Sew Expo would be handicap accessible if it's open to the public.
http://www.progressmobility.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/100x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/x/exec4a_1.jpg

Very similar, but the seat is like a big padded bicycle seat that has no back on it. And, mine is even that color red!!! MM's is a royal blue.

Hulamoon
February 15th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Very similar, but the seat is like a big padded bicycle seat that has no back on it. And, mine is even that color red!!! MM's is a royal blue.

How legal are those in a neighborhood, like 1 1/2 miles? I want one. lol

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2015, 09:02 PM

Seen on the streets of Washington?

But she said it was HER scooter he got running. This has to be a picture of MM on his?????

K. McEuen
February 15th, 2015, 09:04 PM
But she said it was HER scooter he got running. This has to be a picture of MM on his?????

She did say his was blue ...

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Lorie, they got about 20 miles before the batteries die. They don't do hills well....at least not with our fat butts on them!! They will go up a slight incline, but not at the normal speed.

MayinJerset
February 15th, 2015, 10:28 PM
I ride one in local supermarket, I'm able to do my shopping without having to rest every 15 - 20 minutes as those hard floors are murder on my knees. Some stores like Target have them also. Never rode one out doors and would be leery of riding on uneven pavement and also crossing major streets in one but would be good to ride around the neighborhood. The big quilt shows that I have been to have them for rent for the day. I did notice that the quilter who rides on one gets to hold all her friends bags of fabrics and notions.

dlsnaples
February 16th, 2015, 06:42 AM
He sounds like a keeper. My DH kids and says he wants one. He would make his look like a Harley.

WendyI
February 16th, 2015, 11:07 AM
What a great man you have there! I rented a scooter when we went to Disney as my left knee needs replacing. A bit of a pain but I would never be able to walk that much! Have fun on your new ride!

Eriepatch
February 16th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Pat, you should fly to Hamilton until the fumes clear!
Sorry you are dealing with this

Drat I posted this in the wrong thread!
Maybe the fumes got to me!!