PDA

View Full Version : J's at it again.

Doloris
February 15th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Every time I go in there I swear it will be my last, but I really have no where else close to go.
Today I went to use the 20% off total and 60% off notions wall coupons. Needed several different interfacings, and they were 50% off plus the 20%.
Then I picked up a box of red wonder clips, 40% off plus the 20%
had a few things from the notions wall, 60% off

Get to the register and she is separating everything. Rings up interfacings and a couple other things and the wonder clips. Takes 20% off. I thought she had rung up everything and used both coupons. Next thing I know she is ringing up the notions wall things.
I ask her what she is doing and she tells me the notions have to be rung separately because you cant use the 60% and the 20% on the same bill. WHAT!!!!!! I have NEVER had them ring separate transactions because of coupons before.

I swear this is my last trip to J's!!! till the next time

I spent $83.43, and saved $110.18 .

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 04:02 PM
You say interfacing is half off?????

Doloris
February 15th, 2015, 04:05 PM
yes maam!!! 50% today and tomorrow

rebeccas-sewing
February 15th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Wait a minute! You seem to have saved a boatload of money. You can only use the 20% off coupon on a total purchase that is made up of sale items and regular priced items. You can't use a 60% off coupon and then turn around and save an additional 20% off the that item as well. That's why she divided your purchases. I'd say you did exceedingly well with the amount you spent and the amount you saved. The cashier would've gotten in trouble if it was noticed that she rang everything up on the same ticket using both of those coupons.

Doloris
February 15th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Wait a minute! You seem to have saved a boatload of money. I agree that not ringing it up on the same ticket is strange, but you saved a bundle one way or the other. Right?

yes, I like the savings, but I just cannot understand how they do things sometimes and it drives me crazy. Happy with the savings.

Juliet Taylor
February 15th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Still not bad!
Btw just think that here in Italy when there is a discount on an item (usually in supermarket because here there are coupons only for supermarket-stuff) and you have a coupon you cannot have double percent off. It's one or the other.

When I see some tv shows about American Coupons I really envy you!

Amy R
February 15th, 2015, 04:39 PM
My joanns stores always ring it all up together. I've gotten the % off non sale items then 15 or the 20% on top of that.

YellowCockatiel
February 15th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Just got home from J's......same thing happened to me. Cashier rang up notions separately from other items, she said if she used the 2 coupons together, I wouldn't get the 60% of the notions, just the 20%. Weird but what was I to do?

I spent $16.76 and saved $97.51.

Pandabear
February 15th, 2015, 04:46 PM
My J's too rings up everything then uses the 20% off everything coupon. I haven't been there in a bit though, so maybe they've changed policy recently.

Doloris
February 15th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Just got home from J's......same thing happened to me. Cashier rang up notions separately from other items, she said if she used the 2 coupons together, I wouldn't get the 60% of the notions, just the 20%. Weird but what was I to do?

I spent $16.76 and saved $97.51.

WOW!! great savings. What did you buy?

vchale
February 15th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I thought I did good but not that good! I paid 41.66 and saved $73.32. I only used my 20% off coupon. My J will only let you use more than one coupon if they are from different sources, mail, newspaper ad, email, etc. I wanted to buy lots of flannel but I just haven't been making receiving blankets lately.

dwil23
February 15th, 2015, 05:16 PM
You have to read the coupon. Sometimes the promo is 20% off the total of everything. Sometime it excludes certain items that are already on sale for a substantial discount.

I have made myself stay away this week, I always say I am gong to only spend so much, and then.....

YellowCockatiel
February 15th, 2015, 05:20 PM
WOW!! great savings. What did you buy?

Simplicity patterns - $1 each, limit 5. They were $18 each.
safety pins
tailor's chalk
machine needles

Wanted to shop more, but the DH was sitting in the car waiting for me. Oh well, the sale/coupons are still good on Monday too. I'll leave him at home tomorrow.

laura44
February 15th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I was there yesterday. I used both coupons at the same time.

FabStripper
February 15th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Somewhere I read that if the sale price has a sign posted as a % off, you can use the additional off coupon. But if you have to use a coupon you can't use two coupons for one thing. Off to Js to find interfacing.

bubba
February 15th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I went after seeing this and was in and out and back home in under 30 minutes!!! Bought one whole bolt of SF101 and one on 71F and some emu vinyl and a pattern for $1!!!! Total was $83.27, saved $125.66!

At mine, the limit on patterns was ten....I bought only one.

dlsnaples
February 16th, 2015, 06:48 AM
The policy seems to change from store to store. I have two within easy driving distance. One takes all coupons and takes the % off of everything. The other is a stickler and allows only one coupon per transaction. Trouble is, they stock different items so I find myself shopping on or the other depending on what I am looking for ---- especially yarn.

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I have coupons and a gift card - maybe I can stop at J's on the way home from this mornings appointment. I'm destashing and making up kits to sew or give away and could use some creams and beiges. Would like to get yardage or a small bolt of a good muslin. Have bought a light cream part poly muslin there before, could order online but I want to feel the muslin before I buy it.

WendyI
February 16th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Your coupon savings are insane!! That would never happen in Canada! Sweet deal you got....worth the frustration even. Lol!

bakermom
February 16th, 2015, 11:42 AM
They did that the last time they had a notions wall coupon. The 20% off won't discount items already reduced by a coupon. Two transactions is a pain but you do get the savings.

Carah
February 16th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Seems they couldn't stay in bussiness if they gave 80% off.

I don't have a J's here but it seems pretty reasonable to me. We all love a deal but I wouldn't want them to go bankrupt giving it.

RockinLou
February 16th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Still not bad!
Btw just think that here in Italy when there is a discount on an item (usually in supermarket because here there are coupons only for supermarket-stuff) and you have a coupon you cannot have double percent off. It's one or the other.

When I see some tv shows about American Coupons I really envy you!

We have neither coupons nor sales in Kazakhstan!! I hear you...

FabStripper
February 16th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Seems they couldn't stay in bussiness if they gave 80% off.

I don't have a J's here but it seems pretty reasonable to me. We all love a deal but I wouldn't want them to go bankrupt giving it.

I got some flannel prints to make baby rag quilts and got them for $2.24 per yard. That was 60% off then used my 20% off coupon. I'd go buy more for 80% off! Lots more.:icon_bigsmile: