• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockinLou
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

What a Kazakhstan day!!

We got up early today and got our things together to go Ice Skating at Asia's largest outdoor ice rink...

... We got there and our friends we were meeting were running late... By half an hour, but it was strange because a huge crowd had gathered and couldn't get in the gates.

... Then by coincidence someone else we know came by and told us that the reason there was no skating was that there was a motorcross on ice world championship event, and they happened to have extra tickets so they invited us to join them. So we went in with them (the other friend decided to hike a 800 step hike up to an overlook on the mountain...) and waited.... And waited.... And waited.....

.... And after an hour the event still hadn't started, and the kids were STARVING!! So was I, it was noon, and had Plan A worked out we probably would have been on our way back down the mountain and into town for lunch, so we gave up and went to eat.

Lunch was AMAZING... Of course we could have been eating leaves and dirt and it would have been yummy!!

Then, we came home and the friends from the motorcross called to tell us that the event had never even started. It has been an unseasonably warm winter, and so the ice wasn't frozen enough for the motorcycles...

Anyhow, we got home this afternoon and my kids wanted 'to do activities' so we built some 3D puzzles, played candy land and sneaky snacky squirrel, arranged dollhouse furniture and and made applesauce. We had so much fun today, even though NOTHING went as planned.

I still want to go to the ice skating rink, I've been teaching my 6yr old how to skate so that we could enjoy it together and she's getting really good
  • Midge
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2014

Re: What a Kazakhstan day!!

It sounds like a terrific day despite standing in line for so long with no payoff.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Come to the U S, we have enough freezing cold weather to make ice for motorcycles! Sorry your day was not what you had hoped for!

Comment

• Hulamoon
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2012

Sounds fun! I could never do those 3d puzzles. lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• RockinLou
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2014

We actually had a great day and I started to realize that my son is really growing up!!

Comment

• Sylvia H
            Missouri Star
            • May 2014

That is great! Sounds like everyone had fun today, in spite of some glitches. You have made some good memories for your kids.
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2010

A day that turned out exceptionally well is a day to be cherished. Glad you had so much fun.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• WendyI
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2012

Sounds like an awesome day!!

Comment

Working...
                X