PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Greetings

Ginny B
February 15th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Haven't seen a Sunday thread started so thought I'd get one going. I woke at 6:30, looked outside. Hardly any snow but the wind was blowing around pretty good. I headed back to bed and slept until 9. I w was up late reading so I guess I needed the sleep.

Going to stay inside today for sure. Hope everyone has a good day. Stay warm and safe all of those dealing with more snow.

buckeyequilter
February 15th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Good morning....

This is just what I have planned for today.

Started off by sleeping in...until about 9 a.m.(yes that's sleeping in for me). Hubby made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. We were planning to go out for dinner this evening but it is so cold here I told him we'd do it another time.

DD has some new curtains that need hemmed, so I'm doing that first. Then on to working on a quilt. No other plans for the day.

Everyone have a wonderful day and stay warm (cool)..wherever you are.

Claire Hallman
February 15th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I wondered about the Sunday thread, I didn't see one earlier and just decided I had missed it somehow.
It is bright and beautiful here but cold, cold, cold.
Laundry and taxes today, yuck. The last of the laundry is drying so on to the taxes. After that I plan on doing some more stitching down binding on a king. I have one and a half sides done with another mile to go.:icon_heh:

Midge
February 15th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Good morning everyone. I feel like I've put in a full day's work already! Had wretched sleep last night, and ended up awake shortly after 4. Finally got coffee and read for a while until the dog decided it was time to go out. Beautiful sunshine really felt nice, however, with the windchill it was -20 degrees. Yikes! Decided on a short walk for sure. Doing some vacuuming and dusting, straightening up and bill paying today. Started some no knead bread last evening, so tonight with dinner - soup - I'll have homemade bread. Yum. Made some brownies too. Guess I should invite my neighbor to hop over for dinner. Have a good one!

toggpine
February 15th, 2015, 02:27 PM
I usually look for the daily thread in the General Chit-Chat section, but found it here today!

According to the weather people, the Jet Stream is to blame for us having no snow in the mountains (Only 40% of what we need), and the Northeast getting dumped on. Some of our ski resorts have shut down except on the highest runs, and a few completely. While I'd like to be happy about the not-so-cold winter, we'll pay for it later.
Yesterday, we spent the day outside. Hubby got the new blueberries planted and I attacked the veggie beds after I finished weeding around the established plants. Things are budding out around here, and it's crazy early. We'll be back out there again today. If we don't get on it early, it will take forever to catch up. Especially once the goats start kidding and we have milking chores and babies to deal with.
To you all still caught in the grips of winter, stay warm and sew when you can!

Off to get some dirt under my nails!

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2015, 03:30 PM

Just in case you didn't know, this is Goats Kidding . . .

BobW
February 15th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Woke up with a headache and just not feeling good. So I have slept in my recliner most of the day. I need to get out and get some groceries in. Depending on who you listen to we are going to get anywhere from 0" (just flurries) to 6" of snow tonight and tomorrow. I need to have some things in just in case.

My kitchen is a mess. Yesterday morning I started out the door and looked into the kitchen and in the 30 minutes since I had eaten breakfast there was a huge puddle of water in front of my stove, refrigerator and cabinets. I grabbed towels and started soaking it up and called the landlord. He came and says all the places it could come from in my apartment was dry, so he thinks it is coming from upstairs. So tomorrow he is going to have to start working on the pipes in the walls.

Well off to the grocery. Have a great day.

YellowCockatiel
February 15th, 2015, 05:37 PM
It's cold and windy here, so hurried with the errands and grocery shopping. Now that lunch is over and cleaned up the kitchen, I think it time for a nap.

Need to clean/straighten my sewing area. Truth be known, I lost something and now I have to find it or buy another one.

Neller
February 15th, 2015, 06:56 PM
It's the middle of a three day weekend and I want to sew but my new sewing machine didn't come with a quarter inch presser foot. You would think that would be standard, wouldn't you? The Baby Lock dealer here in town didn't have one either so i ordered one on line. It won't be here until Wednesday so today I have been knitting, sorting through my scraps for the Itty Bitty Blocks I'm going to make, and now, I do believe it's nap time!

It's sunny today and feels spring-like, even if it is just the 15th of February. 3 months exactly until retirement!

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Woke up with a headache and just not feeling good. So I have slept in my recliner most of the day. I need to get out and get some groceries in. Depending on who you listen to we are going to get anywhere from 0" (just flurries) to 6" of snow tonight and tomorrow. I need to have some things in just in case.

My kitchen is a mess. Yesterday morning I started out the door and looked into the kitchen and in the 30 minutes since I had eaten breakfast there was a huge puddle of water in front of my stove, refrigerator and cabinets. I grabbed towels and started soaking it up and called the landlord. He came and says all the places it could come from in my apartment was dry, so he thinks it is coming from upstairs. So tomorrow he is going to have to start working on the pipes in the walls.

Well off to the grocery. Have a great day.

Feeling for you, Li'l Bro. (You do realize that there are quite a few people here who actually believe that, right?) After lunch I realized I had a horrendous headache (something that isn't the norm with me). I took a couple Tylenol, took my BP (quite normal) and decided to lay down until it passed. Four hours later I woke up with piles of quilts (4 total) on me because I had been complaining of chills. I have no idea what was going on, but woke feeling just fine and chipper.

I think water in the middle of my kitchen would be cause for abandonment.

Started lightly snowing around here about 4 (according to Al) and we've got probably one to two inches max and it's stopped. But, the winds this morning were driving me nuts. I LOVE wind chimes but the one on our back deck was so noisy I had to go out and take it down. I think we are way behind on moisture for the farmers though - regardless of whether my chimes are tinkling or thunking.