PDA

View Full Version : A Snow Night Owl once again

MayinJerset
February 15th, 2015, 02:49 AM
as it began snowing lightly on and off this afternoon and DH said we did get a lot. Probably much less than Ohio and what's heading to Boston but more than enough to keep all the Night Owl home where it's nice and warm and cozy.

After dropping off a bag of scraps at my guild I spent part of the afternoon playing with my repro fabrics. Will turn as much as I can into small dolly quilts and anything leftover that's less than a half yard goes into my new scrap bundles to give away. Have some of the fabrics for years and it's time they are put into quilts or given to someone who can use them. 101115TTi

toggpine
February 15th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Hi May!

I am afraid to tell you all in the snow globe up there in the Northeast that I was out working in the gardens today for fear that I'll be getting some snowballs thrown at me or find some in the mailbox!
Eric brought home 3 new blueberry plants. I cleaned the rest of that bed and two of the veggie beds. I also shaped up and dead-headed the hydrangea under the bedroom window after I cleaned out one of the rain barrels. Some how, a mouse had gotten in there and the stink was pretty bad.
Tomorrow I'll go out and dig out all of the Phlox and move it out from under the apple trees. While I am there I'll probably prep the ground for more pumpkins and sunflowers. Speaking of which, I should get the sunflowers started so they can get a jump on things in Mom's greenhouse.

I'm going to go read another chapter of my book in front of the fire, and then hit the sack.

Sweet Dreams Quilty Friends!

kimsophia
February 15th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Toogpine, I think I would be happy living in the rainy Pacific northwest. I don't like sunshine or heat and I hear it is cool and cloudy often. Getting more months of gardening would be a blessing too! :D

I think I have settled on making a double sided Kaffe Fassett quilt. It means that I'll probably have to send it out to be quilted so I will need to review the necessities for that. I will have hot colors on one side and cool on the other. I plan to use my blue Kaffe jellyroll that I got in a recent DD and the black fabric jelly roll that I already have to make that in the Flying Geese Log Cabin pattern of Jenny's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42pztXcaVOI Since I want the quilt to be queen sized I will need more cool colored fabric. Maybe more will go on sale again. :) I've ordered Best Press, washable glue sticks, and some sharp new pins. Those should arrive Monday according to Amazon. Then this life's work will be underway. :)

I hope this will be my last big quilt.

MayinJersey, I'm glad you are safe and warm! That's generous of you to donate your fabric. I'll bet some folks will be delighted to get it and use it. :)

Boy, I had never heard of See's chocolate before I found this forum but it sure looks good on their web site!

MayinJerset
February 15th, 2015, 03:47 AM
Oh Cathy, You are such a bundle of energy. You are getting the gardens ready for the growing season while we're buried in snow. Don't worry I wont throw any snow balls at you, I'm too busy getting ready to snuggle in my quilt and go back to sleep for awhile and dream of spring flowers and fall pumpkins.

toggpine
February 15th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Not really that much energy. More like, gotta do it. If I get on the weeds early, they can't set seeds, and that makes the rest of the season a lot easier to deal with! We don't have a huge garden, but it helps with the fresh food and winter stores. We are figuring out what we will really eat and how much we will go through in a year. We could go through quadruple the raspberry jam if friends and family had their way! I have so many projects I want to do. They are longer than my UFO list for quilting! Oh well. One at a time will get them done, eventually!

We have been hit with a whopper of an El Nino this year. Lots of rain, but not much snow. We only have about 40% of what we need for summer water. As the weather lady states, what the Jet Stream takes up must come down. Sadly for our snow pack and the ski resorts, our mountain snow is being dumped on Boston. This is why we are able to be out in the gardens this early. Still leery of starting anything in the ground, but cleaning up is always a good thing.

I obviously read more than 'one' chapter in my book. It's finished now. I can concentrate on other things, besides how the story will turn out!
I am going to go find the bed. We don't have the grandson tomorrow, but still, there will be more things that need doing around here.
Hugs, C