PDA

View Full Version : Today....in my neck of the woods....

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 04:12 PM
this is what is going on:

Good thing I talked DH into taking me to the fabric shop earlier....only got in one white out.

Doloris
February 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM
got up and went to grocery store about 7:30 this morning. It was not snowing yet. By 9: 00 when we came out of the store we had to clean off the car before we could drive home, and the roads were noticeably bad. Wind has really picked up . Temp here is still 21*

Midge
February 14th, 2015, 04:22 PM
We're all in for it this weekend. I got up at 7:15 and took the dog out. We already had 3 inches of fresh fluffy snow. But at least it made walking easier than on the treacherous ice that's everywhere after sunny days have melted the snow and then refroze in the overnights. Now the snow is coming down sideways and the roads are getting bad, even the major streets.We are down to 13 with a -7 windchill. I'm back from shopping with my girlfriend. Traffic was slow, hills are slippery. We stopped to get calcium chloride for the sidewalks. Hah! Everyone, everywhere is completely sold out of all forms of snow/ice melters. I wasn't able to even get a small plastic jug of the stuff.

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Well I'm in for the week-end. Doing some laundry and working on a quilt. I just hope we don't lose power, if the winds pick up.

Granny Fran
February 14th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Try kitty litter next time, Midge, not the clumping kind if you really need traction.

Vickie1965
February 14th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I'm so thankful I don't have to go out in this, other than taking the dog out. The temps are steadily falling here and the wind is relentless! Here's a pic DH took just a bit ago.
Stay safe and warm today!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 14th, 2015, 04:45 PM
I'm so thankful I don't have to go out in this, other than taking the dog out. The temps are steadily falling here and the wind is relentless! Here's a pic DH took just a bit ago.
Stay safe and warm today!
That's such a pretty picture! Sorry it comes with terrible weather!

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 04:46 PM
My niece just posted these pictures. She said they are on Rt. 23 going about 20 mph. Her hubby should be at the sheriff's dept. putting levels on this stuff...not out driving around.

Midge
February 14th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Parking bans here, and accidents increasing. I heard there is a big pileup on the turnpike. Stay home and stay safe!

My long suffering mailperson just brought me some packages....yes of course it's fabric and thread. And my Mod Block. I'm making an Irish Coffee and settling down on the sofa to read it.

shirleyknot
February 14th, 2015, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry. 72 and sunny here today. Won't be monday though.

Monique
February 14th, 2015, 05:53 PM
At least you are home safe and sound.

Sonic
February 14th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I've been having white out squalls here all afternoon and I didn't measure how much new snow when I got the mail because I took a nasty spill. It's all ice under this new snow because of a very brief, but very melting two day warm up with heavy rains.

The winds are 30 mph winds now and the temps are falling fast. I sure hope we don't loose power either.
Calling for -30 wind chills tonight and the high (ha!) of -5F tomorrow. No relief in sight until Tuesday.

Is it April yet???

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I just saw on FB that in Morrow County there is a multi-vehicle accident. I saw a FedEx truck in that pile up....anyone expecting a delivery?

shirleyknot
February 14th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I hope you all can stay home and stay safe til its over.

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I hope you all can stay home and stay safe til its over.

I plan to stay home. When I was younger (much younger)....it was time to get out and go somewhere (anywhere) in this stuff......now if we get a snowflake I am whimpering about "don't want to drive in all that snow".

Tina W
February 14th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Snow has started to fall here again. Temp is about 17. Spring please hurry!!

Bubby
February 14th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Hang in there, Shirley. I sure hope you don't lose your power. We are getting it tonight and tomorrow.

LRM
February 14th, 2015, 08:47 PM
That's such a pretty picture! Sorry it comes with terrible weather!

It is like a post card! I love the bird and windmill. I'm sorry it comes at your expense! My daughter in IN keeps calling to give me updates and I'm cold just hearing about it!

bubba
February 14th, 2015, 09:09 PM
We went to the store too. I had to wear my sunglasses because the sun was so bright and shining in my eyes.....:icon_giggle: :icon_cool: :icon_giggle:

bakermom
February 14th, 2015, 09:53 PM
We have a level 2 snow emergency here. DH and I did go out for a bit though to pick up needed Rx. Slow, slow trip though. It was snowing when i left work at 4 am and it hasn't stopped.

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 09:59 PM
We went to the store too. I had to wear my sunglasses because the sun was so bright and shining in my eyes.....:icon_giggle: :icon_cool: :icon_giggle:

The sun was bright here this afternoon.....right after the blizzard LOL

Carrie J
February 14th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Well we'll finally get a real taste of Winter come Tuesday into Wednesday, and yep, even snow and ice. Fortunately for us, it won't last long, but trust me, one day of these mini storms shuts NE Texas down. So sorry y'all are having such fits with these awful temps, ice and snow Hunker down, stay warm and safe y'all!

This is about as bad as it gets here, and this was 2012 Christmas, very unusual and appreciated around here! Lasted 4 days and you woulda thought the world had stopped spinning, LOL!

buckeyequilter
February 14th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Hang in there, Shirley. I sure hope you don't lose your power. We are getting it tonight and tomorrow.

Do you have any plans for tomorrow? I don't anymore....did have some earlier this week.

ceiliam
February 14th, 2015, 10:01 PM
It is pretty , be careful, I sure do not miss it took my dog Petey for walk looking at my neighbors pansies iris and tulips in bloom. just my forum friends be careful

Genny
February 14th, 2015, 10:02 PM
I know this is a strong word to use...but I HATE snow...and this awful cold weather...I WANT SPRING!!!