PDA

View Full Version : Valentine Night Owl

kimsophia
February 14th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Hoooooo loves ya' baby!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

I need to get back to sewing. It seems I can't sew and cook on the same day...

@,@

MayinJerset
February 14th, 2015, 03:41 AM
To all the Night Owls, Will you be my Valentine?100998

Sylvia H
February 14th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Hoot! I'm still awake, but have finished my sewing for the night. Going to unwind a bit and then go to bed. In between working on my UFOs, I'm working on a different version of the JRR, and will take a picture to post tomorrow.

bubba
February 14th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Ugh.....I'm still awake too. From all the stress of this afternoon, my neck is in an uproar and on fire!!! I need to go find my biofreeze, some good drugs and turn on the mattress warmer, but I'm cozy where I am plus I'm hungry and there is a pound off See's chocolates in the kitchen with my name on them!!! Valentines Day does start in sixty minutes.....

bscuzz
February 14th, 2015, 04:05 AM
After almost falling asleep in my easy chair earlier . . now I'm all 'big eyes' and wide awake! I'll just flap my wings out to the Night Owl tree -

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

I'm starting to feel like a quilter . . . I am working on one quilt (but have to order some sashing fabric), so in the meantime I'm starting to work on a Swoon Bonnie Bucket bag, just gotta search my stash to be sure I have interfacing. Hope I'll be able to get it done.

I'd offer everyone some chocolates, BUT my Mr hid it from me - he seems to think my love of 'goodies' is what caused my appendicitis!! No, no, no, it did not - he's such a 'spoil sport'!! I think I'll go hunting the candy!?!?!?

bscuzz
February 14th, 2015, 04:14 AM
Pat, I must have been typing when you posted, just gotta tell ya that candy my Mr hid on me is "Sees Butterscotch Squares" - my all time favorite . . next to Canoli!!

I'm gonna start the Bonnie bag 'n I'm using leather as one part of it - did you use leather on yours and if you did, can you do the leather without interfacing (I'm thinking you can't fuse to leather)? I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I can sew leather on my Hazel (the Juki) - it'll be a first on her.

toggpine
February 14th, 2015, 04:17 AM
May, You'll always be my SweetHoot!

Nothing earthshaking here today. Although there were a few moments of terror.
I had a gal bringing her baby goats over for me to disbud (Bscuzz- That's using a small, electric branding iron type thing to stop the horn cells from growing.) She said she'd be here after school. I forgot she lives almost right next door to the school. Her timing on "after-school" was about 20 minutes earlier than mine.
I was at the computer when I heard goat screaming. High-pitched baby goat-type screaming.
We are not expecting babies on the farm for at least two more weeks. (I checked this morning and we were still aways off.)
Crap! The new big dog is out with the girls.
Did the doe kid early & the dog is giving the new baby grief? Did she grab one of the younger does? Did she run one of them into something and they are stuck? My heart was sick and the adrenaline racing.
Everything looked 'normal' in the doe pasture and they were all looking up at the house as I came out the back door. When I rounded the end of the house, I realized the ladies had arrived earlier than I thought, and their baby goats were the screamers. Whew!
I did have to calm down the two dogs and reassure them it was OK. Those noises bring out the defender in them. NOBODY better be hurting their charges. The older male whines and barks when I disbud or tattoo the kids and they cry. Big softy!

I did get a hair cut today. Yea! I love this lady. It took a while, but I finally found someone decent to cut my curly/wavy hair. She might not be as good as our Blondie, but she is a lot closer.
I swear, I pay for the scalp and neck massage and the haircut is just a bonus! One of these days I'm gonna splurge and get a hot stone massage, or at least a neck & shoulder thing done. I could have taken a nap right then & there.

Well I need to go find my nest and get some sleep. The last few nights the dogs have had me up between 3 & 4 AM. I'm not sure if something is just moving through the woods to get someplace else, or if something more sinister is a foot. But if they start in, I'm at the back door with the flashlight and some back up if they need it.

Sweet Dreams quilty friends!
Big hugs for you to ring in Valentine's Day! Cathy

bscuzz
February 14th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Lordy mercy, I thought I was too old to learn somethin' new . . . but 'disbudding baby goats, now that's somethin' new for me!! Toggpine, sounds like your life with the 'fur babies' keeps you busy . . . . it sounds like fun to me! Even the haircut sounds like somethin' I need . . with all my Hosp, Drs and the ungodly cold Jersey weather, a haircut just hasn't gotten to the top of the priority list and my hair has grown till I look like a wild woman!

bubba
February 14th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Pat, I must have been typing when you posted, just gotta tell ya that candy my Mr hid on me is "Sees Butterscotch Squares" - my all time favorite . . next to Canoli!!

I'm gonna start the Bonnie bag 'n I'm using leather as one part of it - did you use leather on yours and if you did, can you do the leather without interfacing (I'm thinking you can't fuse to leather)? I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I can sew leather on my Hazel (the Juki) - it'll be a first on her.

This is not my day!!!! I had a huge story all typed out and the thing disappeared!!! Too tired to retype!

I will make this condensed, bought tires, went to sister, went to bank, went to another bank, went Sees and came home.......you are missing out on the good Sees story!! I will tell you the line was 30 minutes long and I got four samples, two of which were the butterscotch squares which I had never tasted and are my new favorites!!!! MM likes buttercreams and Bordeaux, and those others are a mix of those two with brown sugar thrown in so I got some of that kind for him too....they are now his new favorite!

As for Bonnie, I did not use leather. I used a faux leather and I did not use the interfacing on it. Jack, the Juki, sewed thru ten layers of it like it was butter and it made me love him even more than I already did! That part was where you add the strap tabs to the bag. I wasn't even using a leather needle, just the regular quilting needle which I thought might break but it didn't!! What kind of leather are you using?

MayinJerset
February 14th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Shhh. Just for the Night Owls some delicious See's and cannoli to share for Valentine's Day.

toggpine
February 14th, 2015, 02:13 PM
B - I hope you didn't think I was being sassy. I just remembered another post that you commented about not always knowing what my 'Farm Lingo' meant. I was trying to be helpful and not a smart aleck. At least this time.

Jeeze Pat, you had a busy day! (Glad to hear Oscar returned home.)
I'm with MM on the Bordeaux, although the Butterscotch squares are just fine too. I avoid that place like the plague. I could easily spend a day in there just smelling the wonderful chocolate aroma. The other thing they carry that we like are the peppermint puffs. They are like whipped starlight mints. Yum!

bscuzz
February 14th, 2015, 11:56 PM
This is not my day!!!! I had a huge story all typed out and the thing disappeared!!! Too tired to retype!

I will make this condensed, bought tires, went to sister, went to bank, went to another bank, went Sees and came home.......you are missing out on the good Sees story!! I will tell you the line was 30 minutes long and I got four samples, two of which were the butterscotch squares which I had never tasted and are my new favorites!!!! MM likes buttercreams and Bordeaux, and those others are a mix of those two with brown sugar thrown in so I got some of that kind for him too....they are now his new favorite!

As for Bonnie, I did not use leather. I used a faux leather and I did not use the interfacing on it. Jack, the Juki, sewed thru ten layers of it like it was butter and it made me love him even more than I already did! That part was where you add the strap tabs to the bag. I wasn't even using a leather needle, just the regular quilting needle which I thought might break but it didn't!! What kind of leather are you using?

Pat, I sure wish your 'story' hadn't disappeared - BUT that has happened to me more than once. I've tried to get in the habit of copying what I've typed every 2 or 3 lines to outdo that 'disappearing ghost' that's roaming the Forum!

Now my mouth is watering for Sees candy and my Mr has given me today's ration of "one" butterscotch square - I'm not eatin' it yet, I'm savoring the idea of how good it's gonna be when I finally bite into it! But I'm jealous that you have a real Sees store to go to and get samples - my introduction to Sees candy was many moons ago . . . my company did business with a lumber/truss supplier from Ca 'n each yr for Christmas he would send our Corporate office a 5# box of assorted Sees chocolates . . . I'm telling ya I probably ate 4# of it every year myself (ah, the Butter Creams, the Bordeaux and which one has the chunks of cherry in cream?!?!?) - it sat on my desk, so I could steer anyone away from my favorites!! The only times I've ever actually been to a Sees store was once while vacationing in Ca and then annually for about 10 years when we were addicted to Vegas where they had a store - other than that it's been online orders. There's a really whacky story about my daughter buying it for me this year for Christmas - but it's a crazy long story for another time!!

You'll laugh at me, the leather I'm using is my Mr's outdated really soft brown leather jacket with a mix of a funky brown graphic fabric from one of my jackets - hey, what can I say, I'm obsessed with using my/our wardrobes. It hasn't been easy to debone his jacket cause to get the pcs I need, I couldn't spare any waste - then I used craft paper from the wrong side to diminish some of the wrinkles. If it's a 'bust' . . . nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!

I hope Jack's cousin Hazel will perform near as good as he did. I'm a little nervous whether she can cut/stitch it or not and was wondering what needle to use. Did you use a walking foot to stitch with other than the zipper foot? I better hit that "post" button before the disappearing ghost appears!! :icon_giggle:

bscuzz
February 15th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Shhh. Just for the Night Owls some delicious See's and cannoli to share for Valentine's Day.

Oh May, you've found the weakness that could be my downfall - I searched to find the See's my Mr hid and couldn't find it . . . 'n here you are with not just the chocolates but Canoli, too!! I'll be your Valentine forever! :icon_drool:

bscuzz
February 15th, 2015, 12:22 AM
B - I hope you didn't think I was being sassy. I just remembered another post that you commented about not always knowing what my 'Farm Lingo' meant. I was trying to be helpful and not a smart aleck. At least this time.

Jeeze Pat, you had a busy day! (Glad to hear Oscar returned home.)
I'm with MM on the Bordeaux, although the Butterscotch squares are just fine too. I avoid that place like the plague. I could easily spend a day in there just smelling the wonderful chocolate aroma. The other thing they carry that we like are the peppermint puffs. They are like whipped starlight mints. Yum!

No, I didn't think you were being sassy Cathy . . . but nothin wrong with being 'sassy' anyway! I liked that you're willing to 'farm'ucate (new word I just made up, not to be confused with similar sounding words!) me on 'Farm Lingo'. I surely would have misconstrued what "disbudding baby goats" meant - poor little things! Don't have much insight into the workings of a farm but my step-daughter had a pet goat a few years back which began when he was a baby goat . . . she took that little goat everywhere she went . . even in the car . . . till that little bugger was no longer a baby . . . matter of fact he grew to be bigger than her. I don't recall now what became of him but I can assure you he didn't wind up on the dinner table . . . she loved that little guy! :icon_noob: