PDA

View Full Version : It,s hot here

Marta
February 13th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Heat index is 120 F . I hurt my hand so can't sew. I am in my bedroom with air conditioner blasting, reading snuggled under a throw that I made. Pretending it is winter. Hope everyone else is cozy too.

Granny Judy
February 13th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Show off!!! I'm freezing my tushy off here in Central Illinois with 3 layers of clothing, a shawl and blanket wrapped around me body...

If I could toss that far, I'd be throwing snow balls at ya -- and so would a lot of others here who have tons of snow they would like to get rid of. LOOK OUT FOR in coming!!!

Marta
February 13th, 2015, 06:47 PM
I would SO welcome snowballs . I was born and raised in Western PA , college in Michigan, I miss real winter.

Hulamoon
February 13th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Yuck! The hottest it gets here is about 88. But the humidity makes it worse. I do the same thing, put the fans on and go under a throw. My dh thought I was crazy. lol

Sandy Navas
February 13th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I'm hunkered down behind the fort, rolling snowballs for Judy.

INCOMING!!

Midge
February 13th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Marta, I'm wearing long underwear beneath my jeans, and a baselayer turtleneck under my sweater. I'm under a quilt on the sofa right now with a warm dog snuggled up beside me and the cat sitting right behind my neck. Warm? Yes. But in a few minutes it will be time to take the dog out, and that's no fun. After the brief thaws we had the snowmelt turned everyone's sidewalk into a skating rink. Was doing OK until yesterday when I slipped and landed on my rear. No danger there, you say? True. But I jammed my elbow and it's sore and bruised. Enough whining though. There is nothing fun about too much heat either. And 120 is way too much. Everyone stay safe.

YellowCockatiel
February 13th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Sitting here in front of my computer sipping hot chocolate (holding the cup to keep my hands warm) wearing long underwear, turtleneck, sweatpants & sweatshirt wool socks and slippers. It's currently 19 degrees outside and have almost 2 feet of snow.

Yea - what Judy said.

Sorry to hear about you hand. But then again.....Judy and I would win at throwing snowballs at you!!

RiverMomm
February 13th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Oh man, I miss summer. But 120 heat index is just a tad too warm! The high today was -4 F (that would be -20C). Today I am loving quilts, sweaters and heavy socks and that's just for inside.

Poppytree
February 13th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Had a week of temperatures around 100f+ and it is expected to reach 106 today. No sewing for me at the moment just keeping cool with blinds drawn, evap aircon on low and drinking lots of cold drinks. Tend to hit the beach around 6.00 for a walk and swim as the sun goes down (still in the 80s then though)

This is our favourite walking route - from the jetty in the far distance to the river estuary and back takes just over an hour

Momama
February 13th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Buurrrr here, and I'm in Florida, mid 60's today, tonight 40's, but heat index 120, I think I remember, maybe 105 here.

laura44
February 14th, 2015, 12:05 AM
You poor thing, that is HOT! In the 70's here, spent a couple of hours pulling weeds, got sunburnt.
Since we can't seem to get any rain here I might put my garden in early
this year. Another year like last year and we will be water rationing.
Throw some snowballs (big ones) this way! Doesn't seem fair, does it?

Lightwriter
February 14th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Extremes of weather are very evident in this post! Seems like nowhere is moderate any more. We are southern Virginia and are 17 degrees tonight. Brrr. Don't want 120, but a little warmth would be nice.

stationarymom
February 14th, 2015, 02:02 AM
You should come here to Massachusetts.I don't know if we'll ever get out from under all this snow and we're in line for a blizzard this weekend.

alik57
February 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM
It's going down to -30 degrees with the wind chill in Chicago today. I think something in the area of 75-80 degrees with no humidity would be nice right about now. I'd rather have cold than all that snow again this year. I feel for the East Coast! :)

LRM
February 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I'll take cold over hot anyday! I can always put on more clothes (especially with the wonderful new fabrics for winter fun), but there is a limit to naked! Thanks for the reminder, Marta, of the alternative!

WendyI
February 14th, 2015, 01:29 PM
We have more snow....cant post a pic cause I am on my iPad. But we do have a cold weather warning in affect....supposed to go below minus 35... So glad I will be moving in May! I do have sympathy for 124 degrees tho....thats just too far the opposite extreme! Yuk!

CarolynK
February 14th, 2015, 01:31 PM
That's a little warm. It's a beautiful morning here but deceiving as that Polar Vortex monster waves in this afternoon and brings us from 51 at noon to 28 by evening. I really feel for you all up in the northeast. I am from Michigan's upper peninsula and love snow but there's a limit.

Iris Girl
February 14th, 2015, 01:33 PM
I'm hunkered down behind the fort, rolling snowballs for Judy.

INCOMING!!

Right there with ya girlfriend!