PDA

View Full Version : Please help re coming to America

SomerRose
February 13th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Sometime ago I asked for help about dates to see The Fall and advice re dates and quilt shops.

My husband and I have now booked our holiday and I am so excited even if we do we have another 8 months to wait !

We start our holiday by spending 3 days over a weekend in Toronto before spending 2 days in Niagra..... We will then travel to Woodstock for and then Jackson for before going on to Maine and Portland..... it is the beginning and end of our vacation that we are debating.
Should we forego a day in Toronto and add a day in Cape Cod...it is just we heard that lots of things are closed in Cape Cod at the end of October but it has been somewhere I would lke to go?
Quilting wise I have given myself a day at Keepsake Quilting is there anywhere else I must go to shop on my journey?
Also any recommendations for hotels or places along the way we should see would be warmly welcome.....
I am so looking forward to this holiday
Thank you in advance

RockinLou
February 13th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I don't know much about Toronto, but I don't think there would be much happening on the cape in late October... I would pass on it.

Grey Lady
February 13th, 2015, 06:29 PM
While I have never been to Cape Cod, we have friends who go there every year during the last two weeks in October. They say it so beautiful and relaxing, enjoying the ocean and the beach with no one around. They also say that there is very little else to do. My friends just rest, read and enjoy each other. I hope you enjoy your trip.