PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Blondie
February 13th, 2015, 08:01 AM

Happy Friday, Folksies

Whether it is morning, afternoon or evening where you are, Fridays seem to always bring some form of happiness. Especially to those who will have the weekend off. I don't know who appreciates it the most - kids with mountains of snow to play in or those of us who will spend the weekend stitching away.

Last night I was going through my stacks of leftover quilt blocks and trial blocks. It was sort of like going through an old photo album. Do you ever make a trial block? It sure helps me in the "Do I really want to make this" department. I have such a short attention span, I sit and imagine how long it would take to make the same block over and over and over again.

Prayers and wishes for those who are ill, good health; those snowed in, warmth and springtime thoughts and a sturdy shovel. As for myself, I am keeping the wood stove going and sowing some seeds under lights. Hope they decide to sprout.

Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your Valentines Day.

Monique
February 13th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Good morning. I had a very quiet day yesterday. I had brought some crochet work but alas I did not have my hook. So much for that. I did have knitting.

Yesterday I received a package at the door. I had ordered the VHS to DVD 7.0. It transfers tapes to dvds. I can't wait to try it out and see how it works. I have about 8 - 8mm tapes I want to transfer. I will let you know how that works out.

On Sunday we (including our friends) are going to the racetrack for dinner and little betting. It should be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to a night out.

Another work day. I will make sure I have that hook.

Have a great day friends.

dwil23
February 13th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Good Morning!

I've been up a while. Got a call from my coworker last night that we have been told to report 4 hours early tonight. UGH. Don't know how that will play out in the morning since we have had to stay 3 to 4 hours on the end for weeks now. Can you say short staffed? On top of that massive computer failures and power outages and sounds like everything is a big mess. So, my "day off" has been cut short. I will have to go take a nap by noon to prepare what promises to be a very interesting, but very long, night. And the icing on the Valentines cupcake is the woman we are being brought in early to help - hates us! Actually, she hates everybody. Even herself. A very bitter, vindictive, vile, human being. Well, that last part is questionable! OY vey! I have already started praying for grace to deal with her.

Hope everyone else has a great Valentines Day !

ceiliam
February 13th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Wow you are early birds.. Donna im sorry you have to work with a very miserable. Person ,makes for long day. I plan to clean the house, rather sew, oh well, get house fist then take my darling naughty boston terrier. Out walking. Then maybe get to sew. Blondie i sure enjoy your upbeat manner. Brings a smile to my face. Monique have fun dont lose to much mone,lol .Hugs and prayers to those who need them. Cecelia

songbird857
February 13th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Mornin all...
Oh Donna...sure hope you have a good day regardless of nasty coworkers :)
Monique, hope the dvd transfer works out (then you can transfer the dvd to mp3 someday when dvd's become obsolete! ;))
Blondie, that's cool about your blocks - also helps you see how far you've come with skill as well!
Ok... Laundry and groceries today, along with bread making... So probably no sewing. However, i did get my stencils in the mail yesterday; traced them onto paper, and have been doodling feathers and pebbles and stuff on them for practice before i play with thread!
Hugs everyone :icon_cool:

Ginny B
February 13th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday. Do so love Fridays. :icon_woohoo: Donna, sorry you have to deal with a difficult co-worker. I know how hard that is. Monique, don't forget that crochet hook!

It looks like it might be a bit of a slow day at work today. I finished all the big work that needed to be done (billing, some attendance spreadsheets, etc.) and today I will work on Payroll but other than that, it will just be little things here and there - or so I think at this moment. I disciplined myself to stay off the computer until I had things accomplished here this morning and now I have a few moments to see what everyone is up to before heading out the door. It is a cold one out there today for sure. Again, layers is the word of the day. I am so glad that they got the heating system up and running yesterday for the other half of the building. It would have been extremely difficult for people to work over there today. Now, if they could just get our copier to work for more than an hour, that would be wonderful. I think we need to set up an office for the repair guy.

Blondie, thanks for always starting my day with a smile. :icon_happy: Have a good day everyone and keep warm and safe.

Mom23
February 13th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good Morning All,

For some crazy reason I woke up well before dawn this morning. That hasn't made me any more productive as the only thing I have accomplished is finishing a pot of coffee and surfing the internet. I will head out to my exercise class soon and will hopefully come home energized and ready to work. That, or I will have to come home and take a nap. I'm not making my bed yet, just in case!

Hopefully by the end of the day I will have a quilt for show and tell. Working on the binding and hoping the sun stays out so I can get a good picture.

Hubby and I made a pact this morning, no valentine's gifts or cards. We stopped giving gifts a few years ago when he bought me a box of chocolates, when I was on Weight Watchers! He got the candy I bought him and the chocolates he bought me. We were laughing this morning saying we will just get the cards from the drawer that we bought each other last year. That's ultimate recycling!

I'm looking forward to the weekend, not because I have anything planned but because I have nothing planned. Hope to get a quilt I'm hand quilting finished.

Blessing to all. It's going to be cold here but I'm counting my blessings that we don't have the snow the Northeast is getting again.

Madeforyouinma11
February 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Morning everyone!
Blondie, I need to start some seeds too..just don't really have anywhere to put them.
Monique, good luck!
Donna, sorry for the miserable day ahead of you..try to think happy thoughts.
I need to do some laundry today before I go to take care of Julia. Today is a short day..my daughters class is from 2-4 and it's the only class she has on Fridays. It is so cold out there today! Temps are in the low single digits but with the wind factor it feels like -10. It's going to climb to a balmy 11 with a wind chill of -4 by the time I have to leave today...lol
Getting ready for another snowstorm on Saturday into Sunday. Like 50+ inches in the last two weeks wasn't enough, we are supposed to get anothe 12-18"! I am so over winter and ready for spring. Still smiling though cause I can stay in all weekend!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

philamena
February 13th, 2015, 10:23 AM
LOVE THAT PIGGIE PHOTO MAKES FRIDAY THAT MUCH MORE FUN!

Andrea F
February 13th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Good afternoon!

Monique, I hope you are feeling well again?

Donna, so sorry you have to deal with that person at work. I hope your shift doesn't feel too long.

I have made one or two trial blocks that I like but probably won't be making more of. Well, maybe I will, now that you reminded me of them... (they are hidden in a drawer)

I had a frustrating morning. As soon as I got up my little sister sent me a text message giving me family drama I really don't need any longer. This is an ongoing story (for almost a year now) and I'm so sick and tired of this crap. Sorry for ranting, I guess I'm really mad about it. I'm going to sew the rest of the day to clear my head and find something to smile about...

Have a wonderful day everybody.

Carrie J
February 13th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Morning all, Happy Valentine's Day! Yeah, know it's early but, seeing as how some still celebrate it, thought I'd throw that in the mix. Hubs and I decided many moons ago to forgo this particular calendar date. Though I prefer roses, I like bushes for my garden instead, they seem to last longer, lol! Nothing much on the "have to" schedule today other than sewing. Hard job, butt someone has to do it...:D. Hope everyone has a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend, no matter your choice of activity! Hugs and Blessing to all, and especially those that need them.

Sandy Navas
February 13th, 2015, 11:00 AM
If you don't have plans for the day, head on over. We're having a party here complete with horns, hats and favors!!

Over and out!

MayinJerset
February 13th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Super cold out today and rest of the weekend but no snow predicted so that's great. Will decide if I want to brave the cold tomorrow for Feb. pillowcase sew in at my guild. Earlier this week I sent email reminder to guild members and my co-coordinator will run the sew in so I really don't need to attend. Do have a bunch of stuff I want to drop off at our stash room that's been piled up for awhile so maybe I can get DH to agree to help me get them there.

Had a good visit at doctor's yesterday, bp very good and lost weight - will get results from blood work later today or on Monday. Monday I see orthro doc about my sore knee - definitely need to get script to begin PT again as I sluffed off excising during the holidays.

Today all Christmas dinner ware get put away in cedar chest - finally. Since I had a meeting and a luncheon planned in January I left them out. Due to snow both got postponed to Feb. so I'm done with them for awhile. Keeping service for 6 for us as my hosting dinners for more than 4 other people are over. Packing service for 8 for DGD C who has been hosting Christmas dinner for her parents and us the past 5 years. Will see if any of my other 3 married DGD's would like extra tablecloths, napkins and serving pieces that I haven't used in years. I've been gifted with about 4 or 5 Christmas candy dishes that have to go - might mail them out to DGD's in CA and New Orleans. Just thought I should add DS#3 as he has his own house now and may like some items like the Snowman tea pot. I enjoyed collecting the pieces over the years and using them for holiday dinners for family and friends and now it's time to pass them along to other family members. Anything leftover is going to Good Will.

Better finish my coffee and get to it. Have a good day.

Amy R
February 13th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Good morning ladies!

Well, we changed insurance companies again. Due to the fact that the current insurance has zero plan other than "discount" for prescriptions. It was utterly misrepresented to us on the phone. Hubby heard an ad on the radio and after talking with them and getting exponentially better customer service we're switching. The downside is we still need to shell out the month's payment for the old insurance as the new one doesn't hit until 3/1 and I really don't want to be uncovered for 13 days.

I'm looking forward to sewing and buying some fabric this weekend. My lesson is tomorrow on Elsa and we may be meeting up with my commissioned quilt lady to pick out fabric. Depends what her and her new fiancÚ plan... it is V day after all. I told her no rush we just want to make sure she's got exactly what she wants at the good sales!

I've never really celebrated it that much honestly. My dad used to buy us the little sampler box of chocolate when we were kids, that was always sweet. We bought the kids a little box, the big girls got a bigger one. We should be seeing them sometime this weekend, and because of school break we may have them for the week! That wold help soph out a lot, she misses them so much.
Hubby's the one that gets all gushy and lovey with these things LOL.

Other than that just looking forward to some snow to play outside in. What a famine it is here with it, wish some of you buried under it could truck some over here.

Hope everyone starts feeling better, homes are bought/sold with success, family drama is nipped soon and grieving hearts are comforted.

ps Sandy that party sounds fun!!!

Bubby
February 13th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Morning Everyone,

We have sick Scotties. Olive has the short end of the stick today with vomiting and diarrhea. She can't be seen by the vet until 4 pm. It will make for a pretty long day for her. Between them they have been given a whole bottle of kaopectate this week. Cleaning up diarrhea isn't my idea of fun.

Jeff's physical therapist will be here in a bit to work him out, so I will get off here and get dressed so I can help her with him.

Wishing everyone a blessed day. Hugs, Barb

LRM
February 13th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Good morning (even though it is mostly over). I've had a very leisure morning. My husband travels a lot and got home last night. This morning we have had such a nice time talking about summer travel, our daughters' visits, and the like.

I want to spend a good bit of today in my sewing room. I need to clean up from several projects so I can get started on new ones. When it gets too messy I have a hard time wanting to be in there.

The best part of today is that this evening I'm going to a cooking class with my older daughter to learn to make French macarons! When we traveled in France they were such a treat. Can't wait to learn something new.

shermur
February 13th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Morning! Yes, Blondie...I make trial blocks all of the time just to test my skill level and that's why my scrap stash is low!

This mornings' goodbye was hard when I took Ashley and Connor to the airport. Especially when I came back to the house and saw all the baby things...I broke down again. With everything else that is going on in Ashley's life, she amazes me how strong she is and how proud she makes me. Again, I am so thankful Ashley made the trip home and allowing me to get to know my beautiful grandson! I will miss her more than ever....

RockinLou
February 13th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Hello friends! I had a great Friday! My presentation at work was well received, I learned a lot in another that I attended, and then I got *almost* all caught up on school work.

We have a busy weekend of playdates for the kids ahead of us, I don't know if DH and I will go out tomorrow or next week, we need a date, and our Anniversary is on Tuesday, so I don't know if we'll go out in advance or next weekend, but we're not ready to leave the kids with a sitter on a school night.

I think I'm going to quilt a wall hanging tonight before I go to bed. Yes, it's already midnight here, but I broke all my rules and drank a bunch of coke this evening, so I'm wide awake... I'm going to wallow in the silence and the solitude....

MRoy
February 13th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Good Friday afternoon! Sherri, Connor is a handsome fella...all that dark hair! I know you must miss him and your daughter.

Just staying in out of the cold here today....got a soap opera on TV and nothing else going on. Happy Valentine's Eve!

Granny Judy
February 13th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Am finally up and at it... just one of those "down" days. Nothing wants to work right with this ol' body.

Otherwise I'm staring at a quilt in progress and planning a teaching day for a friend who wants to "try" quilting. She will be calling mid feb and then dropping by. We'll see where she wants to take me. ??