PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Movie

niki
January 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Any Sci-fi fans? I saw the new movie, Avatar and loved it. Just wondering if anyone else had seen it.
Niki (Niurka)

piebaldbully
January 6th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I have not seen it but I really want to. I wanted to watch the 3D version however the last 3D I seen made me physically ill.... Work has been nuts so I have not wanted to go sit and watch a movie with a splitting headache. :mrgreen: Wendi

FunkiQuilter
January 8th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I have not seen it but I really want to. I wanted to watch the 3D version however the last 3D I seen made me physically ill.... Work has been nuts so I have not wanted to go sit and watch a movie with a splitting headache. :mrgreen: Wendi

I have not gone to see it either. :oops: I am too afraid to try a 3-D movie in a theater. :oops: My oldest daughter said that the one she went to made her sick and she had to keep her eyes closed until it was over. She was there with school so she had to stay in the theater. She does not normally have a weak stomach. I have heard great reviews about the movie. We will probably get it when it comes out on DVD. It is cheaper to buy it, rather then take my family to see it just once. Plus we get to watch it as many times as we want.

KarenB
February 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I am a sci-fi fan and yes I have seen Avatar. I loved the movie though my husband looked at me strangely when I was crying at the theatre. MEN! Anyways, I thought it was great!

jrchapman
February 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I just saw Avatar at our brand new digital IMAX and it was great. Unfortunately the only seats were in the front row (not ideal for one of the biggest screens in Britain) so I don't think I got the full effect. I'm going to try and see it again before it ends. My sister didn't like it but my brother-in-law loved it so I might take him to see it again to save my sister.

sewhot
February 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM
My husband has seen it twice and LOVED it! I get sick watching the whole 3-D thing too! I will watch it with the kids when we buy it on DVD. Another excuse for pizza and Movie night! :)

Suds
February 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I thought it was a cool movie overall, although it had some really cheesy parts. The effects were spectacular and the movie taught some good lessons. I believe that it was the highest grossing movie (or one of) in 2009/10, making almost 650 million so far. Apparently it's still packed at a lot of showings, even though it came out a while ago.