PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Night Owl

MayinJerset
February 12th, 2015, 04:47 AM
but can't eat anything as I am fasting for blood work at doctor's at 2pm. I often get hungry hanging in the tree so I have a yogurt or a few Ritz or graham crackers to tide me over but not tonight. Usually make my appointments for early morning but doc is all booked up - so many sick with bad colds. Should have made my appointment after my last doc visit but didn't so I'm getting squeezed in at 2:05 between patients.

Big Yawn, No you aren't boring me, I just need to go back to bed.100829

Cathy F
February 12th, 2015, 05:15 AM
May, whenever I have to fast for blood work those are the times I want to eat!

kimsophia
February 12th, 2015, 05:46 AM
If it's any comfort to you, MayinJersey, I am eating enough for both of us! :0 Good luck with your tests.

No sewing tonight as I only slept from noon to 5 and yet, of course, can't fall asleep. But I know I am not sharp enough do anything as complicated as sewing tonight. I did get a lot of Valentine's Day postcards ready to send. They are Victorian reproductions and very fancy-looking. I'm lucky Valentine's Day isn't until Saturday because I flat out forgot about sending the cards out. :0

The wind is roaring and creaking the house tonight. I'm glad I don't have to be out in it. Best wishes to all, @,@ Kim

Bubby
February 12th, 2015, 07:34 AM
May, You're going to be famished by the time you get to eat today. I 'm diabetic and when I have to fast for A1C testing my appointment has to be before 9 or I run the risk of passing out. I passed out in the produce department at WalMart a couple years ago because I tried going without food too long for blood work. Fortunately a lot of people who work there know me and they figured out my problem before the ambulance came.

Take care of yourself, Miss May.

MomGram
February 12th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Just finished up the binding on a Bday gift for today. It's 3:30am her the lunch for the birthday girl is at 11am better grab some shut eye soon.

I picked up the last of the valentine gifts today. Then decided to go by and deliver them. All of the girls have texted thanks and told me how much they loved their chocolate covered berries. Boys.....so far my oldest ran up stairs and gave a big hug. Says he loves the jalapeņo chedder popcorn but it is HOT. He hasn't tried the other two favors yet.

toggpine
February 12th, 2015, 11:05 AM
You should have called the lab. Since your test isn't until late, you may have had a later 'eating' window. It's usually so many hours before the test you must stop. The instructions are just printed for AM tests. Our Dr. just has you set up a blood draw with the lab and then you make an appointment to see him about the results. Something to think about instead of cookies.