PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Night Owl Stretch

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Flapping my wings and stretching my legs as I've had a long nap this evening - did a little too much during the day and fell asleep around 9pm and woke up just after midnight. Need to get myself moving to fly up to my tree for awhile and get some fresh air.

What has everyone been doing tonight? Anyone still up?

ceiliam
February 11th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Still up not late here and i to feel asleep. Sigh,guess it will be anther nite awake till 4 or 5 am.

bubba
February 11th, 2015, 02:49 AM
I am!!!! It's just past 9:30 here though. Had a quilt class tonight and was hoping to get a fourth of the top done, but due to operator error, there was ripping involved and I didn't :(

Gee, guess I'll sew tomorrow :D

Today I made a new purse pattern and I am pretty certain it's my most favorite ever!! I'm going to take it to the shop tomorrow and see if she will let me teach it in a class.

Now I'm off to eat a very late dinner and watch some TV.

MomGram
February 11th, 2015, 02:53 AM
I'm sure I will be up late tonight. I took a nap earlier. I am hoping for a burst of energy. Need to get in the sewing room.

Juliet Taylor
February 11th, 2015, 03:01 AM
I just spilled half of my yogurt on myself. Since I wear shorts at home I've spilled on my legs, on my chair, on the floor, on my feet...
alright...

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2015, 03:04 AM
Oh, I just hate it when I am all prepared to enjoy something to eat.

bscuzz
February 11th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Whoo, whoo, thought I'd take a 'Birthday Swoop' to the Night Owl tree! I know there's some ugly Jersey weather outside BUT I've kept my wings indoors with my 'tootsie warmer' other than a few Dr appts for the last couple of weeks! Actually I've worked a little on a Rambling Rose jelly roll quilt for my step-sister in NC. I'll give it to her in Sept when we make our trip down this year . . so I have plenty of time.

May, my nap time is usually after dinner, so that leaves me bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (or big-eyed with flapping wings) in the wee hours! My Mr. shakes his head at my sleep cycle!

Pat, if it's the bucket you refer to, I love, love that one - great shape and pretty snazzy to boot!

Any other 'stay-ups' out there?

RhondaRae
February 11th, 2015, 03:30 AM
I'm usually up til 4am here in the midwest. I've been a night owl all my life. Now that I no longer have to watch the clock I sleep when I want. DH has gotten into the same habits as me. So no problem there!

I bought my first Swoon wallet pattern and printed it off tonight. I have been quilting for 30 yrs but this pattern is a bit cockeyed in my opinion. The directions aren't as clear as I expected. So I'm thinking through what and how I want to make my new billfold or wallet. I've been making billfolds for 25 yrs but this one is certainly different!

Hang on tight everyone and don't fall out of the tree!!

bubba
February 11th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Which wallet did you buy the pattern for??? Eloise? That is their hardest pattern....it kicked my butt last week!

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Happy Bscuzz - Hope you had a good one. I've also been staying indoors a bit more because of snow and ice but ventured out a bit this afternoon for some fresh air. I'm about finished at the computer for tonight so I'll take a quick fly around before snuggling down on the couch for a bit.

stationarymom
February 11th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Happy Birthday Bscuzz!
Good evening to all the night owls out there tonight.It's chilly here but not too bad.The snow has finally stopped falling for a while here.I don't know what new England did but it sure seems like we pi---- off Mother nature I hope she gets over it soon.

RhondaRae
February 11th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Which wallet did you buy the pattern for??? Eloise? That is their hardest pattern....it kicked my butt last week!

Yes I got Eloise. I am an experienced billfold maker so I thought it would be no big deal! LOL The directions are hard to understand. now I can understand what some of my feedback is on my patterns! LOL I just think it would be easier to understand the pattern if they showed the steps in real life fabric instead of all of it in diagrams.

I wanted to learn to do the pleated sides. I usually do a trifold billfold and want to do the center zippered pocket. I 'm sure I''ll figure it out.

I'm a visual learner so it would be easier to see it rather than read the directions.

toggpine
February 11th, 2015, 04:32 AM
Ha Ha! I did get to the sewing machine today!
I sewed two needle pads and half of three zippered tops for sewing kits. OK, not 1/4 of a quilt top or the billfold from Hades, but more sewing than I've done in a few weeks.
I also ripped out the leg seams on a pair of barn pants. I need to add a patch of fleece behind the knee/thigh area. This will give the
jeans enough life to make it through kidding season without my knees hanging out. Great way to use up scrap fleece too.

Well, the dogs seem to have settled down. The old guy has really been showing his age the last week. I've put him on a joint supplement, vita E, & turmeric for the swelling in his joints. I'm thinking arthritis. Tonight is the first night I've heard him out barking in nearly a week. So he may be feeling better, or the raccoons are moving around in the woods. He just can't abide them anywhere near his farm.

I'm headed to bed as I still have to get the missy up for school, even though we'd both rather sleep in! Poor kid. She got my night owlishness.
Hugs and sweet dreams to you all!
Cathy

kimsophia
February 11th, 2015, 05:32 AM
Oh, I'm up! :) And I just nicked my needle plate cover on my new machine...it was making a buttonhole. I wasn't even touching the thing! It made a horrible sound and I shut it off as quick as I could...I checked and there was no thread jam underneath but there is now definitely a little nick around the northwest corner of the hole. :P Good thing this project was basically done and I can finish up some decorative stitches by hand.

Hope you are enjoying the night! :)

DeniseSm
February 11th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Been up all night with a very sick dog.

kimsophia
February 11th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Been up all night with a very sick dog.

Oh dear! I hope you feel better soon!