PDA

View Full Version : update on friends daughter...and my car

WendyI
February 10th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Not really much to update but I think she is doing okay. Well as well as she could be under the circumstances. Apparently the school board wants to do a side-by-side investigation with the police...have to cover their backsides as she was on a school trip when it happened. Her mother has set up counseling and they're taking it one day at a time right now. Thanks for thinking of her.

Sadly I won't be able to get my new car until May when our house closes and all our debt is paid off. The dealership doesn't do their own financing...they use a bank and in fact they use my bank which is an extremely conservative bank. So even though I'm trading in the truck which costs $20 more a month, they're saying no...doesn't make sense but what can you do? So I will have to wait until May which stinks but oh well...at least I can save for winter tires now instead of having to use my credit card.

rebeccas-sewing
February 10th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Too bad about the car.

Susann
February 10th, 2015, 11:52 AM
How disappointing! But, think of it this way, I rather get a new car in May when it's bright, sunny and beautiful than in February when it's dark, grey and yucky out!

Midge
February 10th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Oh well the car was worth a try, I guess. But agree, there is almost always a bright side to be found in these things. And I would think winter tires are essential in your area. Terrible for your friend's daughter to have to go through an investigation, etc., but at least they are taking her seriously. Still, it's hard enough to deal with the facts of what happened. The social aspect of it at school can be brutal. It sounds like she has support, and that's certainly good.

kaydee
February 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the car, Wendy, but the two months will go by fast. And you will have a very nice "fresh start" with a new apartment and a new car. If you have a little extra money right now, maybe go shopping for lower cost items that you might like to refresh: towels, bedding, clothes, wine :icon_happy: etc. Or perhaps a new piece of furniture such as an accent table for your new place.

As far as getting help moving, I've seen neighbors hire day laborers to help them move (paid by the hour). I have no idea where you find them, but perhaps if you plan on renting a truck, the rental company may have some recommendations. You might want to move your most fragile and valuable items yourself -- using that truck you will still have. :)

Best wishes.

grammakim04
February 10th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Wendy, you might look to see if you have a website group called "Varagesale" in your area. It is a local area buy and sell website. It is also where small businesses call list their business cards...such as local movers or handymen. It's great if you are looking to sell items before you move, it is awesome! We have it in our area, simply go to "Varagesale.com" and type in your area to see if a group is set up. Hope this helps.

stationarymom
February 11th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Sorry you can't get the car right now,but at least when you do it shouldn't get all beat up from all the salt on the road(I'm assuming they treat the roads with it there like here).The salt can really do a job to your under carriage especially.We just bought new tires for my dd and they weren't even top of the line tires $500.00,so your wise to use your time saving.