PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY!

Monique
September 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM
It is sunny today here. This morning I heard the geese going south. DRAT!! That means the fall is coming or already here. Oh well, it is nice to have the cooler temps at night.

I have created an album with the pattern for the thread catcher I made yesterday.

I am thinking I might cut the grass today. Other than that, I am going to try the block again the block swap and be real careful how I cut it. Did a test run yesterday and I somehow cut it wrong. DUH!!!!

Have a wonderful day my friends,
xoxoxoxo

bakermom
September 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
House/dog-sitting this weekend. i'm taking some handwork along while i keep the pooch company today. he's happyjust to have someone in the house with him. when i get home I want to finish a little quilt I have been FMQ. If it stays nice this weekend I want to go to the fair in a neighboring county. I'm hoping to see the draft horse show. there is a huge display of quilts/sewing at this fair, too.

bec
September 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Good morning everyone! Just got back from my walk. It is a beautiful morning. I don't have much on my "to do" list today. Just quilting and hanging out with my son.

Monique, I'm going to check out your album. :)

Guess I'll check in later. Enjoy your weekend.

toggpine
September 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hello All!
It's supposed to get in the 80's today and 90 by tomorrow! Ugh. Our summer finally arrived. I have a few things around the farm to work on. Nothing really that exciting.
I ended up finding a lunch bag for Em instead of making one. I just had to wait until Target put them all on 75% off sale. Found the cutest neoprene bag in the shape of an elephant! I think I managed to get her to leave it on the dining table last night before going to bed. For $3.50 I couldn't buy the insulating material to make the lunch bag. End of season/clearance shopping is wonderful!
Off to go spray paint a few things. You all have a good day.
Cathy

Bubby
September 10th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Good Morning Everyone....It's a cool cloudy day in our little corner of the world. DH and I are heading to a neighboring town for a little shopping, oil change in the truck and maybe (just maybe) a few minutes in the little quilt shop there.

I'm still making blades for the 1930's Dresden I'm making. So far I have one plate done except for the center. DH wonders why I'm making such a time consuming quilt....He likes the quick ones made with the pre-cuts and so do I. I lapse back to some of my favorite traditional patterns from time to time. It's a nice mix of techniques and results.

I hope you all have a great weekend. DH says "Hi" as well.....Hugs....

Smfidler
September 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
It's probably going to be the same here in Hawaii, 85 and nice. We have bday parties for some of the kids friends all weekend so it should be busy. I have a Halloween costume to work on for my oldest and really should work on it. As well as getting a welcome back email out to my girl scout troop. Happy Saturday quilting world:)

quilter.martha
September 10th, 2011, 03:16 PM
it's an absolutely beautiful day here today in New Hampshire--low to mid 70s and lots of sunshine. I just love this weather! My son has his "20 something" group over from our church. They're gonna go apple picking and then come back to our house for making apple crisp! They're a great group of young adults (still kids in my eyes!) and they come here often for their events. We're glad to open our home to them. This means my DH and I need to go somewhere else for dinner as they'll be using my kitchen, but will it ever smell good here in awhile! Hopefully they'll leave some for us to eat for dessert.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

HandsOffItsMine
September 10th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Aloha all,

DH and I left at 6 am to drive to Honolulu, he had a medical procedure...went well TG. It was so quiet and cool driving along the coast line, just lovely. Some folks were already arriving and setting up their canapies, surfers were taking down their boards. We normally have our first cup around 6:15-6:30 but to be out in the fresh air is just different.

After he was done, he wanted to eat! Was on clear liquid and MoviPrep all Friday, he was starving. Denny's was the spot. Had their Ultimate Skillet, red potatoes, sausauge link, grape tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, spinach, scrambled eggs...to die for. Now officially my favorite breakfast meal. hehe

Time for us to take a nap. Then to look on-line for another pattern, decided the pattern I picked was a bit boring as a stand alone. Oh well, I haven't received my rotary cutter from MSQC yet anyway.

See you guys later!