PDA

View Full Version : Today While Quilting I Am Mostly Listening To.....

KiltedQuilter
September 10th, 2011, 07:01 AM
....my favourite band at the moment Mumford and Sons(nice folky-happy type songs).

What do you people listen to while you are quilting?

KerriS
September 10th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hi
I'm mostly listening to audiobooks, not only while quilting also while ironing, dusting, cleaning.. nearly all the time.
very often to english-spoken books, helps me to keep the language alive.
At the moment I am listening to Mary Janice Davidsons "Queen Betsy"-series.

a1angiem
September 10th, 2011, 08:46 AM
i usually have the radio on (just 70s, 80, and 90s stuff) but lately I just hit repeat on my Jesse Cook album...he's a classical guitarist and I just LOVE the music. There are not a lot of vocals which I prefer for quilting...(but now the new talk shows are coming back I might just have the tv on...but then I get distracted!)

Shirley
September 10th, 2011, 09:20 AM
While hand sewing I watch the latest 48 hours or Dateline. You don't really have to watch, you can just listen. While at my sewing machine I listen to country music. :)

stitching woman
September 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I Have a Ipod and have 50 rock, country, classical, and kid songs, usually I just put in shuffle so that I get quite a mix.

twnkeyes
September 10th, 2011, 09:48 AM
My favorite at the moment is Jeff Bridges but when not listening to him or others the t.v. is on. I don't watch, I listen and sew.

Bubby
September 10th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I normally listen to national public radio...great programming, news, talk shows and music.

BellasQuilts
September 10th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Country western is my fave! Get's my foot tapping!

bakermom
September 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Guess i'm the odd one then, I don't listen to anything. i sew in the attic, no phone, tv, radio or ipod.

mamaquilt
September 10th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Guess i'm the odd one then, I don't listen to anything. i sew in the attic, no phone, tv, radio or ipod.
you're not the only odd one, I don't need music and I hate TV in the background. I just sew and think!

Mimis-quilts
September 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I generally have the tv on...and listen to the TODAY Show, Hoda & Kathy Lee, Ellen, Local News, then Days of Our Lives, Dr Oz, Dr. Phil, then Oprah. But that line up is changing as of the coming Monday 9/12. I might glance at the tv, but mostly just get lost in my sewing. If I listen to music it is 99% of the time Country...love Rascal Flats, Kenny Chesney, well just about anyone that sings country from the oldies like Johnny Cash to the new up and coming artists.

Monique
September 10th, 2011, 10:22 PM
If I am using the kitchen table as my quilting space I work in silence. If I hand quilt, which I do sitting on my bed, then I watch TV.

HandsOffItsMine
September 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
If I'm not TVing (anything CSI or forensic) I have my iTunes or Pandora set on Disco - Motown, being my favorite. Was the official Disco Queen! : ) Oh the days of dancing every Friday and Saturday! So much fun.

Thou...I do have days that Karen Carpenter and Eartha Kit strike my fancy.

MarianneK
September 11th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I do not own a TV. I generally listen to talk radio (Neal Boortz, or Rush Limbaugh) through my laptop computer. Or iTunes through my computer. Or sometimes nothing at all! I know a lot of quilters snack while sewing, but I don't do that. In fact, I find sewing distracts me from eating!

Jackiegross
September 11th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I ususally listen to the TV....or country music....something happy and makes you want to dance around.

KerriS
September 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
or Pandora set on Disco

Oh yes, Pandora is great. A few years ago, I could listen to Pandora too, I just loved it, but then they closed it down far all that do not live in the US.. really,really,really miss it..

Alana
September 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM
At the moment I have Brian Adams playing but I like all kinds of music from good ole country to Mozart and Bach......

Txgrandma
September 12th, 2011, 04:52 AM
If I have the tv on it's usually on a news channel, I can just listen and don't have to watch. Most of the time it's music, mostly country with some oldies rock from 50's and 60's. If hubby is in the room working on his hobbies it always on tv and old movies.

KiltedQuilter
September 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Today I am mostly listening to the noise of the wind....it's VERY windy(not to mention scary, because of the BIG old trees at the side of the house!) :icon_scared:

sally
September 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I watch too old TV series like The Waltons, I love Lucy, Bonanza, etc.I don't have to be watching them at all times but can still follow along.

janluna
September 13th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I have to watch sesame street because my parrot loves it and she is in the room I quilt in. If she goes to sleep after it goes off, I switch to CNN. I'm a news junkie! LOL