PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday! What's up Doc?

Blondie
February 9th, 2015, 07:16 AM

Hello Folksies and Happy Monday!

We got back home yesterday evening/late afternoon. I don't know about y'all but I need to rest up after a marathon trip with family relations I haven't seen in ages. One comfort for me was knowing I was not the only one who has gotten older. hehehe. You know how it is. Let's say the last time you saw someone they were graduating college. They are today entering retirement. Now that is a jolt. Actually, I see most of my kin through emails and the favorite ones always come through town a few times a year. Then there are some I haven't seen in years and like I said, a jolt. We sent my cousin George off with a loving farewell. He was my favorite of that particular crew of cousins. Terrible car accident. Drive careful peeps and never forget to say I love you like you mean it when you are heading out the door.

Today sees me trying to play catch up at the grocers, laundry and giving Gracie her due diligence of love. She was beside herself when we got home. Poor girl didn't know whose arms to jump into first. I fell asleep on the sofa with Gracie in my arms. Sweet baby girl, her wiggling woke me this morning. That was because Luscious was up making the coffee.

Off to find the coffee pot and to read here a little bit. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to smile.

Bouse
February 9th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Glad to have you back Blondie. It's a cold and sunny day in Glasgow, Scotland and unfortunately I have to work today. I'd much rather be at home getting on with my hexi's. Maybe later though and in the meantime I'll try to smile even though work gets in the way of the fun stuff. Hugs and prayers to all who need today.

Cathy F
February 9th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Morning all,
Up early this morning, still dark out so I can't see what the weather brought us yet. We were under a storm watch with icey roads for the morning commute and snow and possibly rain, a triple header according to the weather man. Don't have much planned for today so I'll be staying in. Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow as I'm being inducted in the Pilot Club, and can't miss it.
No sewing this weekend, got sidetracked with everything else. Visit from granddaughter and her boyfriend, then our son stopped by for a visit, and before I knew it the afternoon just slipped away.
Blondie, glad to see you back safe and sound. We always miss you morning words.
Sandy, hope you've had some relief from the sciatica.
Hugs to all our members who are under the weather. Off to pop a pod in the machine and get caffeinated.

MayinJerset
February 9th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Welcome home Blondie, Good to see your smiling face. Still dark here also at 6:30 so it may be snowing or raining. Not much doing today but do have to schedule some appointments so I better get going.

Hope our Sandy's back stops hurting, that goes for all the rest of the gang who are in pain - wish I had a magic pill to give all.

Ginny B
February 9th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Good morning. We've got ice here this morning. The car is going to need a bit of attention before I can get going this morning for sure. It took dh quite a few minutes to clear his windows off before getting going. He called when he arrived at work and said that the corners are a bit tricky in places.

Welcome back Blondie. You were missed. Congratulations Cathy on your induction.

Well, I sure would rather be at home and sewing today but, alas, I need to go to work. I guess I'm getting used to dh's earlier hours because I find it easier to wake up at 5:15 now. I have already cleared the kitchen of the breakfast things, set the table for supper and done one load of laundry and another one waiting in the wings. That may not actually get done until after work but at least I've got it all sorted out.

Have a good day everyone. Stay warm and safe all those who are dealing with nasty weather -- and I think that may be a good number of us.

Iris Girl
February 9th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Morning all, we have snow sleet and freezing rain. That means none of us go anywhere. Blondie glad you are back safe. Maybe do some sewing today, feels weird not having the good machine but hopefully she is having a great spa week. Ordered the dust ruffle and bought a sheet for backing on my SBS quilt just need to find decent priced flannel or flannel sheet. Hugs to all that need them.

Eriepatch
February 9th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Welcome back Blondie.

MIL passed away yesterday after 6 days in Hospice.

Karen, your new family member is so cute

Hope everyone stays safe and warm this week

Cathy F
February 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Welcome back Blondie.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Monique
February 9th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Welcome back Blondie.

So sorry for your loss.

Monique
February 9th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good morning. I can't believe I slept until 7:30 this morning. This cough is driving me crazy. I am ok when I am upright but as soon as I lay down, I wheeze so bad and then the coughing fits start. I am taking my puffers which I think is helping some.

I am over the worst now. Yesterday I was on the back roof shoveling snow. It needed to be done before the roof fell in. I chiseled away at the ice until I could no longer swing the hammer. Then I took Doug shopping.

Today I am going to do some cleaning as hubby is away at work. And today also marks the anniversary of my car accident, 19 years ago that accident changed my life.

Have a great day everyone.

Amy R
February 9th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Good morning ladies.
Still pulling for everyone's recoveries, comfort from loss, and stresses.
Enjoyed a packed weekend full of family time. This week is hubby and I's anniversary AND Valentines day. With no babysitter it's a bummer but we'll just celebrate after Soph goes to sleep. We have plenty of yummy wine and we'll have to splurge on a fancy dessert.

Elsa the Elna is doing quite a lovely job. Hubby is glad he doesn't hear pirate talk towards a machine anymore LOL. Who, moi?
I may try to get Niko's quilt sandwiched (nope still not done) and get that done. The body's been hurting a lot with the weather lately.

Erie, so sorry to hear about your MIL.
Karen, congrats on your new fur baby he's adorable.
We're hoping for some snow, Olaf has yet to grace our yard :(
If I'm forgetting something my apologies... pretty foggy this am.
Prayers and hugs for all.

ravelim
February 9th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Welcome back Blondie.

So very sorry for your loss.

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Well, I'm up. Not nearly as much pain this morning. I'll see how the day goes. Spent most of the day up yesterday and when I did lie down it was with a heating pad. I need to find some way to sew without sitting so much.

Off for an eye exam this morning. I wonder how much of this is truly for my benefit and isn't just some newfangled equipment the doc needs to find a way to pay off. Shall see (no pun intended).

Glad our Blondie is back home safe and sound, hoping everyone else is safe, too. Monique has me very concerned - climbing on roofs all the time, you'd think she was half goat. Eriepatch I send condolences to you. Cathy and Ginny hope you are hunkered down for any oncoming winter weathers. And maybe, just maybe, Sophie can get her Olaf.

Continuing prayers for those in need, those with illness and aches and pains. Sending warm thoughts to all.

WendyI
February 9th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Welcome back Blondie...nice to see you safe and sound. Cathy F, what's the Pilot Club? Congrats anyway!! Eriepatch so sorry about your MIL...my condolences to you and your family. ((HUGS))

I'm at work today...but only until noon. Going to go and open a bank account and order cheques this afternoon so that I have them when I sign my lease on Friday. Hoping you all have a fantastic day...stay warm and safe! Sending ((((HUGE HUGS)))) to all those in need...love you all! xoxo

Juliet Taylor
February 9th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Eriepatch I'm sorry for your loss

Blondie is so nice to read you! I've missed you!

Today I woke up feeling still a little sick because of dinner last night, but in a couple of hours I felt better. I also managed to clean my sewing station and sew a little! But... I felt so clumsy! :D But I still managed to make another block for my sister quilt, yay! And half of another one. Then lunch and now I'm preparing some goodies... two focaccias and two loafs, so tonight we'll be freezee-for-the-week night :D

For sure I'll manage to sew a little more! I missed it so much :) here there is spring in the air... I don't know if it's the sunny day that gives me this impression or the cheerful birds I heard singing today when I was in the garden taking some rosemary and sage, but... I can't wait for spring :D

Jean Sewing Machine
February 9th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Welcome back Blondie.

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss!

K. McEuen
February 9th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Welcome back Blondie.

So sorry for your loss. Hospice people are a godsend.

The new pup had to go out about 5 am. He's sound asleep again, but I'm not. Such is the life of a dog. Still not sure on a name, but when I mentioned Bandit last night, hubby wasn't opposed. It's fairly fitting since he tries to steal your chair, my pillow, any socks laying around ...

Glad you made it back home safe and sound, Blondie.

Cathy F
February 9th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Wendy, Pilot Club is a service organization that promotes awareness and provides hands on service to people with brain related disorders and disabilities.

Welcome back Blondie...nice to see you safe and sound. Cathy F, what's the Pilot Club? Congrats anyway!! Eriepatch so sorry about your MIL...my condolences to you and your family. ((HUGS))

I'm at work today...but only until noon. Going to go and open a bank account and order cheques this afternoon so that I have them when I sign my lease on Friday. Hoping you all have a fantastic day...stay warm and safe! Sending ((((HUGE HUGS)))) to all those in need...love you all! xoxo

Dollyquilts
February 9th, 2015, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Sandy Navas;682803]Well, I'm up. Not nearly as much pain this morning. I'll see how the day goes. Spent most of the day up yesterday and when I did lie down it was with a heating pad. I need to find some way to sew without sitting so much.

Sandy, try ice instead or combined with heat. 20 minutes each. Ice seems to help me as much as anything, although nothing eliminates the pain, just makes it almost bearable.

Having had doxies forever, I know how stubborn they can be. I've heard that chiweenies are much less intractable. Let me know what you think about this. He looks like a Pepper to me.

Eriepatch, so sorry for your loss.

Carrie J
February 9th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Morning all! :D
Blondie, glad you're back, we've missed you. Hugs!
Eriepatch, so very sorry for your loss, but Hospice folks are a Godsend!
Sandy, hope your back gets better soon, nothing more miserable!
Karen, lol, love the pup, and Bandit's a great name.
Amy, Happy Anniversary early ;)
And for those I've missed, sending Hugs and Blessings to all.

Saturday was great, Sunday was a mixture of relief and sadness. Lost a dear quilting friend, so all of us girls will be attending her funeral this coming Thursday. She had been placed under Hospice's care after a lengthy hospital stay. She will be sorely missed at our group meetings. We choose to remember her as she was, always on the go, full of energy and mischief. and a huge heart. So, tell those you love and hold dear that you love them, hug them at every chance and laugh long and hard together. I refuse to be maudlin, as June had a wonderful life, and is in a much better place now, not to mention, she'd kick all our tails if we moped around!

Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! :D

ceiliam
February 9th, 2015, 02:07 PM
im so excited to be back Sandy been reading about your back I am sorry back problems a hard thing , did you say you did the injections. the first time I did them did not seem to help however decided to go ahead and redo them last week wonders never cease it took 3 days and I almost feel normal(or as normal as I get lol) I am so sorry for everyones loss and hope all that are under the weather get feeling better.

Amy R
February 9th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Oh Carrie I'm so sorry for your loss.

Monique
February 9th, 2015, 06:00 PM

WHAT?????????????? Me half goat?

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2015, 08:34 PM

WHAT?????????????? Me half goat?

You are GORGEOUS and I have such a special place in my heart for YOU.

BTW something special sent to you this morning. (No, it isn't goat food)

Bjvarizona
February 10th, 2015, 03:58 AM
Just ten more minutes and I could say Good Morning instead of good night. I read the forum at bedtime. If I read it in the morning I'd never get going! I feel guilty telling folks that it's 80 degrees outside, with nice sunshine. But then you can all get back at me when I complain that it's 115 come July! After eight days in the hospital dh is home and doing well. Still not sure what all is going on but he'll have a couple more tests and that will sort things out, I hope. Not too worrisome, thank goodness. Nite nite from Phoenix.