PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday

Ginny B
February 8th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone. Monique and Sandy, hope you are both feeling better. Been wondering about Amy's shopping trip and if she found/picked a new machine.

We had a great day yesterday visiting with our friend. He was surprised that instead of going out to eat, we would be eating at "Cafe Gin". It was a very fun, relaxing visit. We got to have a nice " comfort food " dinner and sit by the fire and catch up.

Today is a cloudy, dreary day. I have a couple of things to do this morning and then I will head to my sewing room for a while. Hugs to all that need them. Have a great day and don't forget to Smile. :)

Cathy F
February 8th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Morning all,
Today is a lazy day start, bagels and Sunday paper. Not much planned for today, I'll see how the weather is if it's too cold I'll be staying in.

Didn't get any sewing g done yet this weekend, I was reading a good book and couldn't put it down. I'm not a disciplined reader.

Hoping to get to sew today for a bit as I want to finish up the Baltimore Album top, so I have to get the borders on. Should be able to get it done with no interruptions. No cooking today as it will be leftover day. We have sweet n sour chicken with rice that I made, and meatloaf from last night.

Hugs to all that can use some extra today, hope everyone can let a little time to sew today!

Sandy Navas
February 8th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I'm here. Not comfortable - but what's a gal to do? A full day and a half in bed trying to relax this back hasn't made a bit of difference. And, since Da Man is still sleeping and I made my way to the kitchen to get a cuppa . . . you can only imagine what is facing me. He was so good about going out for take-out for lunch and bringing me dinner in bed last night. You would think he'd empty the dishwasher and reload it. Guess the exercise may be the best thing to get my back in shape. I've had pain before, but this has been the worst ever.

Mpyles
February 8th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Aww Sandy! I'd hug ya...but I might hurt ya! Let those dishes go!!

Granny Fran
February 8th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Morning All.....Ginny you reminded me I need to clean up the mess I made in my room last night.

Cathy, I understand completely about getting caught up in a good book. I usually read too late into the night.

Sandy, OUCH....the last time I had a bad bout DH made me a chiropractic appointment. When I got there he said to put ice on it and come back the next day. Did that and couldn't stand up to go potty during the night. DH had to load me into the car and go to the doctor. Doc said "whoever told you to put ice on it? It should be heat!!" and gave me a shot. Thought I was in pain before, but that was an experience I won't forget. Took 3 days and lots of tears (crying, not ripping) to get better. I do not trust DH to make any appointments for me now. LOL Do hope you can get it worked out. If nothing else try some old fashioned hot toddies.:icon_rolleyes:

Amy R
February 8th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Hehe Ginny I did have success!! I posted on a different sunday morning thread... my new buddy is an Elna 3230 from a nice shop in cincinnati.
Sandy, hope the back feels better soon, my mom had a bad bought with her sciatica years ago but it was in the leg mostly.

I am so sleepy this weekend not enough coffee!! Lots of walking/shopping and staying up too late lol.
Cathy, I miss NY bagels/pizza/rye bread. MMM memories!!

songbird857
February 8th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Hehe Ginny I did have success!! I posted on a different sunday morning thread...
Amy.... Is my eyesight that bad??? I cant find your thread!
...update - found your post in the other Sunday Morning thread... we do need pics though ;)

Amy R
February 8th, 2015, 06:00 PM

here you go :P

songbird857
February 8th, 2015, 06:05 PM
oooohhh... she is pretty! I hope you two have many happy moments together :)

Ginny B
February 8th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Congrats Amy on your new machine! Have fun with it and thanks for sharing a pic. She's pretty.

Juliet Taylor
February 8th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Sandy hope you'll feel better soon!

I can finally can be back here in this delightful forum, yay!!! It's Sunday night here and I'm trying to relax since it seems I can't digest dinner tonight (we had the usual take away Chinese, though) so that means I need to wait a little more to go to sleep. I slept good part of the day but I couldn't help it! This past week was a little rough, we were short of one person at work do to her catching flu plus it was really WINDY and there was a hint of snow, just a hint, but enough to be very cold!

I did not have time to sew in the past two weeks which means I'm driving crazy :D but I'm happy to say I managed everything else wait well, so I'll find some time to sew tomorrow, otherwise I'll go crazy.

Now I'm going to check all other threads :D yay!

toggpine
February 9th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Well Ginny - I have no idea where your thread was this morning or I would have just left a note with you! Honestly - I looked!

It sounds as if things are holding steady here. Poor Sandy - I hope you are feeling better by now!