PDA

View Full Version : Happy Night Owl

MayinJerset
February 8th, 2015, 03:42 AM
100504Just checked my emails and found a great one from Tammy at M* - my queen size quilt top has arrived for quilting. I mailed my package late Wednesday afternoon and have been too busy to track it so I'm relieved to know it arrived safe and sound.

Still pretty cold out here in my tree but I'm going to brave it for awhile in case any other night owls stop by.

stationarymom
February 8th, 2015, 03:57 AM
It's awful cold in my tree tonight also.Glad to hear your quilt made it ,time wasn't to bad considering the weather it had to travel through.

YellowCockatiel
February 8th, 2015, 03:59 AM
What great customer service from Missouri Star. Must of been a great feeling knowing that your quilt top arrived safely, after all the love and time you put into it.

toggpine
February 8th, 2015, 04:25 AM
We are soggy here instead of cold.

Eve, the new dog, is adjusting, but doesn't like to be penned up. She has figured out how to climb out of her pen. We are trying her out tonight to see if she can be a good girl if we willingly give her free reign in the barn. Then she has access to her food and water.

Not much sewing lately. I have projects, just not the umph.

Going to head to bed here shortly. Lots to do tomorrow, as they are saying we'll get a bit of a break in the rain. Not necessarily sun, but no rain!

Sweet dreams! Cathy

bubba
February 8th, 2015, 04:26 AM
I'm a pooped hooter tonight!! MM and I called Tyler, our 19 yr old grandboy and asked if he and his girlfriend, Jamie, would like to go to Port Townsend with us. It's about 2 hours or so from our house and filled with lots of little shops and tons of Victorian houses. Only bad part...no quilt shops! However, the yarn shop did have several bolts of beautiful batiks but I could not find a clerk and left them all there!

The reason we went was because I offered to buy MM dinner and when he asked where, I told him Mexican in Port Townsend, so off we went!! He and the kids stopped in his favorite used book store. MM is one to never tell anyone no if they want a book and each of the kids picked one out. Jamie got Alice in Wonderland and Tyler got a collection of Robert Frost which surprised me! He rarely buys things for himself, but they have a cool game/puzzle store up there and he found a Zelda edition of Monopoly. He loves Zelda and was thrilled to buy it.....it made me happy to see him so pleased.

Now I'm trying to stay up and finish watching Last Vegas, but my eyelids are quickly losing the battle.

Lonna
February 8th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Good Evening or should I say good early morning. I haven't stopped by the tree in a long time. But it seems to be a restless night. Really need to be sleeping as it will be an early start in the morning and a long day. I do believe we are headed into New Orleans in the morning to catch about 4 Mardi Gras Parades. I guess I am just a little nervous about it as it will be the first time just me and Sue have headed into the city since Wayne passed. And once we get down to the parade route we will be stuck until the end. Don't know our way around the city well enough to get out if we want to leave early. I guess I really need to get off here and try to sleep maybe since I have voiced why I am having a restless night I can now sleep. Take care all and have a great night.

Granny Judy
February 8th, 2015, 04:40 AM
I woke up to let the dogs out, then back in... they came to me tonight instead of the kids. Now that is unusual. Hmmmm??

All I could do was toss and turn, so here I am.. flitting around the tree to see who came out for the night. I had to have a quick snack before taking a pill (pain) That usually puts me to sleep rather quickly..

I know you'll love getting M*'s quilting done. I just wish I could afford to have them do ALL of My Tops. Maybe one next month as it is just too big for me to get it done on my Home machine.

Meanwhile, I'll try to head back to bed and listen to a new book... I'm a Si-Fi nut.. and can't wait to start it right away. This tablet is dangerous.. once I finish a book, It's 2 clicks and I can own a new one. GADS!! Better check my bank balance soon.

bubba
February 8th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Meanwhile, I'll try to head back to bed and listen to a new book... I'm a Si-Fi nut.. and can't wait to start it right away. This tablet is dangerous.. once I finish a book, It's 2 clicks and I can own a new one. GADS!! Better check my bank balance soon.

Check out Pixels of Ink and also Kindle Nation Daily. They list all the free books you can d/l and they direct you thru Amazon to get them. Some might be 99c, but it's normally how I get all my books. They may not be big time authors, but they are pretty good!

Granny Judy
February 8th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Thanks Pat.. I will check them out.. If it's a good story, then I will snatch it up.. I can't remember authors names anymore so it isn't like I am a particular fan and only buy theirs.

kimsophia
February 8th, 2015, 05:18 AM
I'm up for the night and am making more baby bibs. I found out I have two "little" cousins (my cousin Jim's girls) who are going to have a baby so I'm using some batik jelly roll strips to make a striped bib.

My walking foot somehow didn't fit on right and crashed. I need to open the instruction book to see what I did wrong. I've attached it a few times with no problems.

I'll include a couple of pics of what I've been up to...happy night! :)100512100513

toggpine
February 8th, 2015, 02:36 PM
I'm a pooped hooter tonight!! MM and I called Tyler, our 19 yr old grandboy and asked if he and his girlfriend, Jamie, would like to go to Port Townsend with us. It's about 2 hours or so from our house and filled with lots of little shops and tons of Victorian houses. Only bad part...no quilt shops! However, the yarn shop did have several bolts of beautiful batiks but I could not find a clerk and left them all there!

There is a quilt shop on the way to Port Townsend. It's across the road from the airport and near a yarn shop. It's tucked in the back of a small complex of shops. You pass it on the way to the Mexican place and home from it too. I think it's called Creative Union. The owner is a sweet lady and she has some cute fabrics.
It sounds like you had fun anyway!

bubba
February 8th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Cathy, is it up in Chimacum?? The Mexican place we go to is downtown across from the Police station.

Juliet Taylor
February 8th, 2015, 07:16 PM

That is exactly what made me accept to have a Kindle in my life, LOL! Just a click and I have a gorgeous book in my hand! Thanks to Winter I started reading the Pern first trilogy that I discovered I had at home, but as soon as I finished I was so sad! I wanted more! But there are any in Italian! So my DH clicked and bought me Dragonsdawn! I'm so excited! I read it every free minute!

Edit: Did you know that Anne McCaffrey (the author I'm taking about) was also a quilter?!?!? I just found out and I think it's so cool :D

kimsophia
February 8th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Oops! I'm out of the shade of blue thread that matches and none of my other spools of blue looks right so I guess no more batik strip bibs will be sewn tonight. Phooey. I am getting a lot of practice with buttonholes with this project. I can't say I'm really doing anything but setting up the machine, though. It's fun. I was never able to buy any patterns with buttonholes. Now I can! Of course, spacing them correctly is another skill... ;)

I guess I'll think if I need another cup of coffee or not...if I'm not going to be doing anything detailed, there's no need...hootie hoot! @,@ Kim

toggpine
February 9th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Too lazy to start a new Night Owl thread!

Pat. Maybe in Chimicum, but I thought it was PT. Not in town proper, but after you turn off onto Hwy 20 on the way to PT. At the end of the runway of the little airport. The sign for the yarn shop is better than the one for the quilt shop. Although neither place is easily seen from the road.

The rain held off a lot longer than any of us figured today. That was nice, as we were able to get a few extra outdoor projects done. Eve spent most of the day out in the pasture watching Em & our grandson play in the big puddle left from the rains. She is doing very well for only being here 4 days. I hope she decides that with the goats is a good place to be. My guess is she'll be all over the babies when they are born and that will be her herd/pack to protect. She absolutely loves the two-legged kids.

I'm tuckered and even if we do have a sewing group at the library tomorrow, I'm staying home. Sweat pants, coffee, power point work, and some sewing are hopefully on the list. Absolutely the sweatpants, hence the non-trip to the library. I'll reward myself with some sewing for every hour I put in on the PPT.

I'm off to la la land for a few Zzz's! Catch you all on the flip side. Sweet Dreams!

kimsophia
February 9th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Bacon and spinach quiche, anyone? :)