PDA

View Full Version : Dang it

Hulamoon
February 7th, 2015, 12:42 AM
I just got home from the hospital and my wrist isn't healing the right way. Have to go into surgery tues and have a plate put in. If I have to eat one more frozen dinner I'm going to puff up. blah

MaryD
February 7th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Double dang it! But better to fix it now than to find out it's a dud arm later.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
February 7th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Oh shoot! I'd make you dinner & bring it over if I could.

Midge
February 7th, 2015, 12:52 AM
So upsetting! Not just surgery, but more time out of commission. So sorry, Lorie. Hope you have the help you need.

Amy R
February 7th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Awww that is a bummer :(

K. McEuen
February 7th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Same thing happened to me when mine got busted by the air bag. I was ticked, as much as it hurt when they set it that I had to go through surgery too.

stationarymom
February 7th, 2015, 01:40 AM
so sorry Lorie,I hope once they do the surgery all your troubles will be over.

Mpyles
February 7th, 2015, 02:19 AM
Aww, sorry lorie! Feel better soon!

Simply Quilting
February 7th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes smoothly during surgery and it heals quickly.

bubba
February 7th, 2015, 03:27 AM
Give me a place to stay and I'll come cook for you!!! I'll even drive you places! I'll even cut out fabric for you!

p.s. - don't tell MM!!

Kgrammiecaz
February 7th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Well thats not good news. You need meals on wheels. Do you have those services. Just be sure to pick up some quilting magazines for hospital time.

dlsnaples
February 7th, 2015, 04:19 AM
I am so sorry. That is a bummer. Wish I could hop a plane to come and help you. Prayers and cyber hugs. Be careful, keep your chin up.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 7th, 2015, 05:00 AM
Hey! This isn't good! So sorry to hear this! Sewing gig put off for more weeks! Good luck in surgery!

rebeccas-sewing
February 7th, 2015, 06:09 AM
That's such a bummer, Lori! Gotta do whatcha gotta do though, right? Can't you get your husband to pick up some things at the market that could easily be fixed for meals other than frozen dinners? What about some low-sodium soups, stuff to make sandwiches, spaghetti, etc.? Since he obviously doesn't cook he could certainly fix something for you other than TV dinners. There are so many convenience foods at the markets today.

Sheena
February 7th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Oh no! That's bad news. Hope you get better quickly.

Andrea F
February 7th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Oh no, that's a bummer. So sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better quickly after the surgery. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday and sending good thoughts. Don't you have your daughter live near you and couldn't she help with the cooking and such?

Iris Girl
February 7th, 2015, 08:29 AM
what a bummer, hope it heals quickly.

Doloris
February 7th, 2015, 09:11 AM
bummer, but you will be glad it got done right when it is all over.

irishrn
February 7th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Oh Lorie. I'm so sorry that you are not healing well! I hope this all goes well for you! Hang in there! :-)

Monique
February 7th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Sucks for sure, better now than later. Good luck on Tuesday.

Sylvia H
February 7th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear this. Nothing much worse for a quilter than to have a bum arm or hand. Have you considered getting some fresh cooked food from the deli? Roast chicken comes to mind, premade salads and sandwiches, soups too. There are often vegetable options as well.

Sandy Navas
February 7th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Sending hugs and good wishes. This is a total bummer!

CarolynK
February 7th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Bummer Lorie! Hope surgery goes well and you heal quickly.

MRoy
February 7th, 2015, 11:20 AM
That sucks! So sorry that you're going thru this.

YellowCockatiel
February 7th, 2015, 11:35 AM
So sorry you have to go through all of this. Will keep you on my prayer list.

Just think ~ will the down time, you can organize your sewing room! Look at all the fabric, books and patterns and update your wish list. You can have your sewing machine out for cleaning/maintenance. Or even go shopping for new fabric, rulers, books and thread so when you can get back to sewing, you'll be ready!

songbird857
February 7th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Oh, I hope you are better soon :) Frozen dinners - triple yuck.

Hulamoon
February 7th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone :) I started to buy some frozen things from the vegatarian section. If your familar with Amy's they make nice products without a lot of junk in them. I picked up yogurt and sliced cheese and tortillas. Stuff like that.

I'm just peeved because I wanted to make a purse and some mini pouches. Dh cooking? He wouldn't even take me to the doctors. Jerk.

I'm okay, I just felt like complaning.

Grandma Nan
February 7th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Lorie sorry you are ailing. Hope this surgery gets everything going in the right direction. Can you imagine your quilting with a new wrist?? Wowser!! Take care.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
February 7th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Everyone needs to moan once in a while. You go right ahead. We are listening.

maxwellthecat
February 8th, 2015, 03:14 AM
I'm so sorry Lorie, I hope you have a fast recovery. :)

ilive2craft2
February 8th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Hoping the surgery goes great and that you heal quickly once that is done!

WendyI
February 8th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Well heckfire shoot as Blondie would say...that just stinks. So sorry....send (((HUGS))) xox

Lilly
February 8th, 2015, 10:48 AM
So very sorry, Lorie! I was thinking I'd bake and mail a treat and then I remembered where you live. Bummer!

FabStripper
February 11th, 2015, 07:48 PM
How are you after your surgery? I hope it went real good and was quick and easy for the doctor.

Hulamoon
February 11th, 2015, 08:28 PM
How are you after your surgery? I hope it went real good and was quick and easy for the doctor.

It was a really long day! My poor dd. She switched day's from one of her jobs so she was able to drop me off and pick me up. 7;45 unil 4: 00.

I went to get the task taken off first and the front desk girl got confused. I said I'm here to get this off for sugery and she pointed sugery is down there and I said but this has to come off first. Talk about an embarressed moment. lol

Surgery went well, I wasn't as nervous as the last hand surgery (another story) . I threw up several times. The first was in her car in the parking lot. I opened the door and was able to make it but she was saying 'mom'! I said it's only water. But she's pregnant and has moning sickness right now. Sorry for the graphics. lol

I can't open my hand as well as it was in the cast. The plate is in line with my thumb. Oh well, another couple of weeks in a soft cast. My sweetie dd did my dishes :) and I was able to do some one handed chores this morning. She's going to pick me up one of those cast protectors so I can wash my hair I hope. Wish I would of known about those before.

So all is good and it's almost over. I discovered 2 1/2 gallon zip-lock and organized some projects!

Thanks for thinking of me:)

Sandy Navas
February 11th, 2015, 08:51 PM
We've all been thinking of you and are so glad that you are through with the surgery - albeit a long day and definitely 'fun'. Here's to a quick healing and back to normal asap. As long as you can use a rotary cutter and fondle fabrics all will be well - oh, and to be able to cuddle grandbabies - maybe that is the most important when the time comes.

Sending . . . well, HUGS of course!!

ceiliam
February 11th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Hoping the time flys such a major pain sending hugs and good thoughts

ilive2craft2
February 11th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Glad surgery is over - now you can heal properly! Have fun kitting up projects - you will be all ready to go once you are healed.

Hulamoon
February 11th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Glad surgery is over - now you can heal properly! Have fun kitting up projects - you will be all ready to go once you are healed.

I even kitted up a baby quilt for her! I know she wll love it because when i got the fabrics several years ago (for clothing) she was omging about it. Farm animals and chickens. lol I think I'll do one of the D9P's. Self sashing maybe.

Sonic
February 11th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Glad to hear the surgery went well (minus the after effects though) and I'm thinking of you and hoping you have a super speedy recovery!

quiltingtrish
February 11th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Glad the surgery is over and now on to the healing.

FabStripper
February 12th, 2015, 01:27 AM
Lol it is easier to do the surgery with the cast off I guess. Glad to hear you are doing good.