PDA

View Full Version : A picture of "The Beast"

dwil23
February 6th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Several requested a picture in my other thread about Meeting Jenny. DD posted one of us and one of "The Beast" quilt I referred to in that thread.

Here's my try at posting a picture now that she has shown me how. Hope it works.

WARNING! if it does, you may not be able to stop me from posting pictures!:icon_razz:

YellowCockatiel
February 6th, 2015, 01:54 PM
WOW - That's beautiful.

Show more pictures!

Cathy F
February 6th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Beautiful, it was fun looking for and recognizing those blocks!

Hulamoon
February 6th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Holy moly! It is beauty and the beast. lol I have to go back and take a better look.

WendyI
February 6th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Very cool!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 6th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I love it!

Midge
February 6th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks for posting the picture. Sampler quilts aren't my fave, but I really enjoyed finding the blocks I knew on this quilt. Very clever how she composed them all into this design. Very impressive work.

BobW
February 6th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Several requested a picture in my other thread about Meeting Jenny. DD posted one of us and one of "The Beast" quilt I referred to in that thread.

Here's my try at posting a picture now that she has shown me how. Hope it works.

WARNING! if it does, you may not be able to stop me from posting pictures!:icon_razz:

I don't think I will ever be able to make a beauty like that. Thanks for posting the pic.

Sandy Navas
February 6th, 2015, 07:56 PM
One block at a time - what a wonderful idea and to have it with Jenny in the picture. An amazing feat!

Sylvia H
February 6th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I don't think I will ever be able to make a beauty like that. Thanks for posting the pic.

Bob, you under estimate yourself. You can, and you will. It is all a matter of time.

K. McEuen
February 6th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Was that quilt not on the M* blog, on the quilting machine as it was being quilted? I know I saw it before, just not 100% sure where the picture was.

dwil23
February 6th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Karen - it was on Facebook in 2013, I believe.

Bob - I agree with Sylvia - you could definitely do this. This was Deborah's FIRST quilt! She started by watching each tutorial, more than once, taking notes and then making one sample block. After she had a stack of them made, she said one day that she didn't have any idea what she would do with them. I suggested she put them together in a sampler quilt and the next thing I knew - she did!

buckeyequilter
February 6th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Wow....that's a beautiful quilt.

AuntieVic
February 6th, 2015, 10:40 PM
That is beautiful.

brook
February 7th, 2015, 03:25 AM
What a wonderful quilt! I is so fun just to study it and recognize all the different patterns. Thanks for sharing this beauty. : )

Andrea F
February 7th, 2015, 08:44 AM
What a beautiful quilt, it's so interesting to look at and explore all those blocks. Keep the pictures coming...